**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Elsa going to be an AW nightmare unless you have her “barrier to entry” champions?

CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
Maybe I’m over reacting tell me if I am, please! If you have counters share.

Elsa Bloodstone’s degen applies while she is bleeding from the Double Edge mastery and scales with attack boosts, in AW as a defender this can outright kill most champions who cannot counter it. I believe this is intended based on all available information given from her description and Kabam; but maybe it’s not and this will help clarify if it is.

Now this degen can be negated by an entire class, Mutants, of which there are many popular options like OR, Domino, Havok, Namor, Iceman, Emma Frost, and Cyclops. So easy enough right? Yeah, until she’s placed with Defense Tactics Dodge where she has a chance to evade attacks and make use of her ability to initiate a combo when she evades, she evades and you get comboed.

Countering this combination of abilities seems to be very limited, when she is placed on a limber or stun immunity node, to Iceman and Emma Frost, then a 50% chance with any mutant if you spec into the Unfazed mastery.

Fairly certain that if your BG has a couple of Elsas on defense then your enemy must have and equal number of Icemen or Emma’s or luck/revives on their side (due to the evade) to pass the map.Tell me I’m wrong.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    she may be the next cull nerf. I have a 6*, I ranked her to 2 and placed suicides on her to see what she was capable of. I only had 5/6 and did not rank up heavily in attack boost and she was doing 490 damage every .5 second, that is just shy of 2x the highest value we had seen for a 5* champ. Assuming the boosts scale linearly and the 5 * rank 5 was doing 1k damage, the 6* rank 2 should be doing 2k per .5 second.

I have a video of it.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

she may be the next cull nerf. I have a 6*, I ranked her to 2 and placed suicides on her to see what she was capable of. I only had 5/6 and did not rank up heavily in attack boost and she was doing 490 damage every .5 second, that is just shy of 2x the highest value we had seen for a 5* champ. Assuming the boosts scale linearly and the 5 * rank 5 was doing 1k damage, the 6* rank 2 should be doing 2k per .5 second.

I have a video of it.

Interested to see this video since I wasnt impressed with 3 star, 4 star or 5 star gameplay
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

I have a video of it.

Interested to see this video since I wasnt impressed with 3 star, 4 star or 5 star gameplay
    I tweaked my build, now 558

https://youtu.be/SuQ2FixUHb4
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yuck. That shouldn’t scale with nodes. How dumb
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★

I'll break her barrier if you know what I mean

Wow
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    There are far fewer unshared limber and stun immune nodes than I thought. One exists that I can find, node 10. So not as much of a barrier I suppose.

But thinking further on it she might be a decent boss backed by the Dodge global even if she spends most of her time killing herself as Iceman and Emma will likely have a difficult time taking her down.