AQ Thanos Heal Prevention - Whats this garbage?

2

Comments

  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★
    Just to clarify. I believe the main reason why “Heal Block” was changed was because there were 2 forms of heal block. It has now been separated into “Heal Prevention” and “Special Attacks Heal Prevention”.
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 93

    To me personally it's a joke, his sign ability description states clearly that after lmd is destroyed all effects are removed, all including heal prevention, isn't it?

    yes but as you can see there is no debuff exists like its inbuilt ability of the node. They made it like that.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 618 ★★★
    DalBot said:

    So to be clear can we expect Fury to be nerfed for any and all future heal block type nodes? If so this is seriously messed up


    His ability description make it clear that he’s not even regenerating in the first place when his decoy is knocked out. He discards his decoy and returns to the fight with degenerating health. Nothing says regeneration in profile but it does say he degenerates. If anything, what is made clear in his profile is that nothing is supposed to prevent the real Nick from returning to the fight.

    I’m sure someone who can’t fight against fury is happy about this but there’s really no benefit at all for players and Kabam needs to explain why this is even needed. Fury isn’t costing you anything. There’s already a lot of risk involved in playing with a champ at 30% health that you have to heal up to have any sustainability in subsequent fights even though he just degenerates again, and even more of a pain for players to use with suicides on after the decoy is gone.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 933 ★★★★
    Seriously though, how do you rationalize it when the very description of the character states that it's not a regeneration because it's a different character altogether between the LMD and Fury.

    This is flat out wrong
  • RektorRektor Posts: 618 ★★★
    DalBot said:

    Seriously though, how do you rationalize it when the very description of the character states that it's not a regeneration because it's a different character altogether between the LMD and Fury.

    This is flat out wrong

    Don’t think it can be rationalized. The very core of the character is that he uses a decoy and only enters the fight as himself degenerating to very low health with stronger attack if the decoy gets knocked out.

    There’s no regeneration implied whatsoever. If that’s the way they programmed his sig ability then they need to push a fix to allow him to bypass all healblock nodes bc he’s not healing.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 1,868 ★★★
    Although actually look what happens (in normal fights) when his decoy is knocked out. Fury doesn’t just step in at 100% Health instantaneously. Instead he steps in and the health bar INCREASES over a second or 2 from low health to a full 100 (before then starting to Degen back down to 30).

    Could be this 1-2 second duration when he IS increasing his health is considered Regen of some sort. (in which the fights in question are negating).
  • RektorRektor Posts: 618 ★★★

    Although actually look what happens (in normal fights) when his decoy is knocked out. Fury doesn’t just step in at 100% Health instantaneously. Instead he steps in and the health bar INCREASES over a second or 2 from low health to a full 100 (before then starting to Degen back down to 30).

    Could be this 1-2 second duration when he IS increasing his health is considered Regen of some sort. (in which the fights in question are negating).

    Just because they took a lazy programming shortcut to bring Nick back to the fight doesn’t change the fact that he isn’t described as regenerating anywhere.

    His profile makes it clear that nothing is supposed to stop real nick from entering the fight.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 1,868 ★★★
    But HOW it was implemented (whether true to his description or not) is probably the reason WHY the problem is occurring. Agreed, if he automatically restarts at full 100% this problem probably goes away.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 618 ★★★

    But HOW it was implemented (whether true to his description or not) is probably the reason WHY the problem is occurring. Agreed, if he automatically restarts at full 100% this problem probably goes away.

    Yea. Think we’re all already aware of that.

    The problem is he’s not supposed to be regenerating. Real nick with degenerating health is replacing the decoy and nothing is supposed to prevent that from happening, as per his profile.

    Recode how the decoy is replaced to remove the symbolic and formerly irrelevant +health pop-up, or push a fix to allow him to bypass all forms of heal block as he’s supposed to because he’s not healing— he’s replacing the decoy with himself.

    And yes they can recode Nick in a matter of hours as they proved when they changed the code for his goldpool synergy when they got scared that it would benefit players too much.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 933 ★★★★
    Would be nice if someone from Kabam could explain to us why they are disregarding the entire logic behind Furys sig ability. It seems like they just don't want to give us a straight forward answer because there is no actual justification for this change.
  • ZverceZverce Posts: 38

    In map 6? Hes always had heal block. Maybe they changed it so all healing is prevented.

    Even if the heal prevented, i don't know why you look at this in that way... When Nick Fury dies the first time he doesnt heal back, it says it is a decoy and the real nick shows up, so why everyone says nick fury heals up?????
  • ZverceZverce Posts: 38


    It clearly says that Nick Fury is switching with his decoy after first death and not heal up, so this means someone got kabamed...
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 933 ★★★★
    Still would like a straight answer since Fury isn't "healing" at all...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 4,519 ★★★★★
    Here is the problem, there is real world logic in which losing the decoy does not require healing, and there is game mechanics in which they use healing to replicate it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but healing back to max is how they accomplish this, probably because programming something else would be much more complicated.

    This is a blessing and a curse. Him healing seems to make him suspectable to heal prevention, but it also allows him to take damage while he is healing and still heal to full, something that would not happen if he was jsut replaced by his real self.

    They should probably make heal prevention not work on him, but also that any damage he takes after the decoy is removed, but before he is at full healthy stick.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 1,868 ★★★
    One issue might be that Fury does not instantly jump up to that 100% level (you see the health bar moving over 1-2 secs up to 100). Others actually jump up to a certain increase in health instantaneously (Magic Rewind, Phoenix on initial KO, or even the auto-revive Heimdal/Hela/Angela Synergy). Not sure if Fury acted like those other cases that it may or may not still be the same problem, but at least it would be more representative of how it is described as supposed to being.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 933 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

    Here is the problem, there is real world logic in which losing the decoy does not require healing, and there is game mechanics in which they use healing to replicate it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but healing back to max is how they accomplish this, probably because programming something else would be much more complicated.

    This is a blessing and a curse. Him healing seems to make him suspectable to heal prevention, but it also allows him to take damage while he is healing and still heal to full, something that would not happen if he was jsut replaced by his real self.

    They should probably make heal prevention not work on him, but also that any damage he takes after the decoy is removed, but before he is at full healthy stick.

    The suggestion would be an ideal way to fix the laziness of the character design. He should be able to simply hot swap in at 100% like in any video game with similar mechanics, but the fact that they don’t seem to want to address this oversight is really a bad look.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 618 ★★★
    DalBot said:

    Lormif said:

    Here is the problem, there is real world logic in which losing the decoy does not require healing, and there is game mechanics in which they use healing to replicate it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but healing back to max is how they accomplish this, probably because programming something else would be much more complicated.

    This is a blessing and a curse. Him healing seems to make him suspectable to heal prevention, but it also allows him to take damage while he is healing and still heal to full, something that would not happen if he was jsut replaced by his real self.

    They should probably make heal prevention not work on him, but also that any damage he takes after the decoy is removed, but before he is at full healthy stick.

    The suggestion would be an ideal way to fix the laziness of the character design. He should be able to simply hot swap in at 100% like in any video game with similar mechanics, but the fact that they don’t seem to want to address this oversight is really a bad look.

    I don’t care how they fix it.

    Leave it the way it is but make him immune to heal block/prevention since his profile makes it CLEAR that nothing should stop real nick from replacing the decoy.

    Or reprogram his sig ability to give him 100% health immediately with no temporary immunity to damage and without the unnecessary +health pop-up that we all originally thought was symbolic but actually is programmed as a regen for some ridiculous reason.

    They changed the code on his goldpool synergy in hours. They can change the code on this too. Heal block/prevention should not work on him because he’s not supposed to be regenerating.
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 124
    As per title its just garbage, another day another doug, what pisses me off is zero logical explanation from developers, they've changed the node, that's fine their game, their nodes , but it has nothing to do with how it should be..
  • JestressJestress Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    DalBot said:

    Never ceases to amaze me how people can "disagree" with factual statements. 🤦🏻‍♂️

    This isn't a small deal for me. I spent good money and time to both get Fury and dupe him. If you're going to fundamentally nerf him via node in a way that is inconsistent with how the character is supposed to interact, that may well be the final straw for me in trusting the company enough to keep playing the game. It seems like rules are changed and exceptions made on the fly and they are more frequently than not to the detriment of the player.

    I said it before and I'll reiterate now, there is no justification for this mechanic to effect this champion. None. This needs to be properly addressed or else you risk abandoning the principals of accountability and openness to players that you have stayed are important. Not only was this change made, it WAS NOT communicated to the player base at any time prior to it even since the change was made other than one post in this isolated thread.

    Be better

    Came to this conclusion some time ago. I keep it free to play now. After V3 rolled out with all the bugs with no sense of apology or compensation, that was it for me.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 13
    first time poster here. i thought about this myself.

    fury has the same exact interaction with elsa bloodstone (observed many times in uncollected EQ). when she's bleeding against a non-mutant opponent, she heal blocks them.

    LMD drops, and the real nick fury comes in. however, nick fury stayed at 1 HP and flops over. Doubt that is how that interaction should work
  • We are looking at Nick Fury's interaction with this node, particularly the way he is continuing to Degenerate below the stated health threshold. Once we have more information to share on the topic, we will let players know. Until then, remember to keep comments in this thread on topic.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 933 ★★★★
    Why focus on the degeneration and not at all on the fact that, umm, he shouldn't be regenerating and thus he should be unaffected by the node in the first place. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED! Why is this mechanic broken? Why can't he simply swap in at 100% when the LMD is done? If this isn't fixed then I'm basically done with this game because it's completely disingenuous and another example of the game being stacked against the player.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 618 ★★★
    DalBot said:

    Why focus on the degeneration and not at all on the fact that, umm, he shouldn't be regenerating and thus he should be unaffected by the node in the first place. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED! Why is this mechanic broken? Why can't he simply swap in at 100% when the LMD is done? If this isn't fixed then I'm basically done with this game because it's completely disingenuous and another example of the game being stacked against the player.

    Have a feeling that against this node they’re gonna make nick replace the decoy and immediately be at 30% health with no slow degeneration downward.

    Meh

  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 933 ★★★★
    Rektor said:

    DalBot said:

    Why focus on the degeneration and not at all on the fact that, umm, he shouldn't be regenerating and thus he should be unaffected by the node in the first place. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED! Why is this mechanic broken? Why can't he simply swap in at 100% when the LMD is done? If this isn't fixed then I'm basically done with this game because it's completely disingenuous and another example of the game being stacked against the player.

    Have a feeling that against this node they’re gonna make nick replace the decoy and immediately be at 30% health with no slow degeneration downward.

    Meh

    Used him today and that’s basically what happened. Better but still far from how it should be
Sign In or Register to comment.