**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Game without suicides

Comments

• Options
    UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★

If the champion is immune, do you still get the attack bonus?

Yes
  • Options
    If you're playing on a budget and you're greedy and want to get your hands on as many champs as possible, you need to grind, grind hard, and never miss a day.

That means grinding all milestones in 2 and 3 star arena and the best shard milestones possible in the other arenas (14m in 5* feature, 4.2m+ 4* feature, 1.5m+ 4* basic).

Suicides are a must. They increase the potential of your roster if you grind.

If you're rich and buy enough crystals that give you enough shards to match the amount that arena offers, then ya, it can be a hindrance.

Suicides really help in war though. The quicker you get in and out, the less chance for deadly mistakes and bad luck.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

If you're playing on a budget and you're greedy and want to get your hands on as many champs as possible, you need to grind, grind hard, and never miss a day.

That means grinding all milestones in 2 and 3 star arena and the best shard milestones possible in the other arenas (14m in 5* feature, 4.2m+ 4* feature, 1.5m+ 4* basic).

If you're rich and buy enough crystals that give you enough shards to match the amount that arena offers, then ya, it can be a hindrance.

Suicides really help in war though. The quicker you get in and out, the less chance for deadly mistakes and bad luck.

If the defenders have suicides then the fight becomes 3 times easier.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    -sixate- said:

I ran suicides years ago for a couple weeks. Made arena grinding super quick, but the recoil damage and the fact it nerfs regen champs was enough reason for me to never go back. And now I have a 5* R5 Ghost with all the synergy and I still have no desire to run suicides.

I have her as well, and that is crazy to me. Hey, everyone has to use whatever strategy works for them.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I've never run Suicides. The extra Damage might shave off a bit of time, but there's a whole game outside of them. I don't think they're must-haves.

If you've never run them then how would you know? Just guessing again?
    Yeah sure. I've never seen anyone use them. It's not like there's access to Videos or anything. I've never seen Suicides in 4 years of playing. They're nowhere in the game if you don't have them enabled either. Nope. No idea what I'm talking about.
    Massive sarcasm. Honestly, it's just habitual at this point. Automatic argument with any comment I make. No actual thought behind it.
  • Options

I've never run Suicides. The extra Damage might shave off a bit of time, but there's a whole game outside of them. I don't think they're must-haves.

They're must-haves if you're a huge grinder, ~f2p, and want to grow your account as much as possible. Need them to maximize shards and unit gains.
    Coming up on 100k Wins in the Arena. Not really.
    Well you arent f2p which is what he is stating...
    What difference does F2P make? I don't spend on the Arena. Rarely do I spend on Questing, unless I'm particularly impatient and don't feel like restarting. I have, sure. Resources are also acquired in the game. Spending isn't really a reason that Suicides are a must.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

They're must-haves if you're a huge grinder, ~f2p, and want to grow your account as much as possible. Need them to maximize shards and unit gains.
    Coming up on 100k Wins in the Arena. Not really.
    Well you arent f2p which is what he is stating...
    What difference does F2P make? I don't spend on the Arena. Rarely do I spend on Questing, unless I'm particularly impatient and don't feel like restarting. I have, sure. Resources are also acquired in the game. Spending isn't really a reason that Suicides are a must.
    If you have Ghost, Red, Corvus, Claire, Warlock, etc. and you do not run them, then you are doing yourself a disservice. No question.
  • Options
    I mean, I suppose I could understand the argument if you were trying to get kills easier in order to save on Resources as F2P, but I wouldn't consider that essential.
  • Options
    Like moths to a flame. Lol. One makes it personal, the rest follow.
    I don't think Suicides are essential for any content. They just make it faster. That's about it.
  • Options
    razielraziel Posts: 83

I don't think Suicides are essential for any content. They just make it faster. That's about it.

Not only faster, but in many ways safer. You spend less time in aq and aw fights which decreases the risk of making a mistake.
    On top of that for champs like Corvus and OR double edge is basically free healing.

• Options

Give it a rest, being a provocateur becomes a bit boring after the first 10 replies out of 20k dont you think?
    Provocateur? No. Nothing is intentional about that. I comment, they pounce. You would think after 4 years, people would let it rest. Evidently not.
  • Options

If the defenders have suicides then the fight becomes 3 times easier.
    Disable suicides when placing and make you mastery setup as efficient as possible to make switching cheap.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think it puts a lot of time pressure on you, if you perform good under stress it is fine but I would make more mistakes because of it.
  • Options

Ive always been saving up for a full suicide mastery setup, but get cold feet every now and then on its overall effect on AW defense and rendering some champs I love to be somewhat unplayable.

Very conflicted since I own Corvus, Aegon, Iceman, Omega Red and Sentinel which I hear are great for suicides. On the other hand, Sparky, Sabretooth, Blade, Cap IW, and the rest may end up taking a backseat.

You have the perfect champs for suicides.

But yes, you will have to bench champs that rely on their specials. That was the only thing that I didn't like about suicides.

Long term it's worth it though. Significant improvements to a roster (assuming you grind a lot) is better than the relatively minor inconvenience of benching certain champions.

I used suicides for years, it was well worth it.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    im f2p and don't run suicides and im perfectly fine, but i aslo never run arena. suicides are not necessary
  • Options
    DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    zeezee57 said:

Ah dammit, now Im even more conflicted. Part of me wants to just buy a shitload of Cav crystals and cry

Save those units for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.
    You mean those over priced deals on Black Friday cyber Monday
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    My personal opinion on suicides is that they are generally used because people like to see those big numbers on offense and finish fights quicker. However, they are by no means necessary. I have never once ran suicides my entire time playing this game (which is essentially the game’s lifespan) and I have finished every piece of content 100% to date.

Suicides are a way of shortening fights so there’s less opportunity to make mistakes. Some champs like ghost and omega get a decent benefit from running them, but that recoil damage is what gets me. I don’t like being punished for using my specials. Ultimately suicides do not have a big effect on gameplay other than making fights faster, but a good player with skill can always do the exact same fight without suicides, it just might take a bit longer.