**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Robot Synergies with Guillotine 2099 INTENDED?

13»

Comments

• Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Does kabam not know about caltrops and ghost where she get furies and can do 25k medium hit damage
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    Thanks @Kabam Miike for the quick response and clarification.
    Also to give my perspective..if a champion is changed before being released to the game is absolutely fine. If i can tank sp2 or sp3 just using dexterity it's obviously over powerful. I can use my Darkhawk or warlock and spam the sh$$t out of opponents. I personally loved this synergy but knew at the back of my head it's too good to be true..3 days of good weekend are always welcome.
    Also the solution of once per match is not logical at all. If it can be like 5% a bar of power or something close it would be fine but still can be misused in hands of super skilled players. So need some better ideas here for sure..

Thanks all for your time guys!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★

Got the final word. This is not working as Intended, and will be fixed before release. The original intention was for this to work once per fight, but we're looking at other options as well. We want to get this fix out before the end of the week, and will have more details on it before it is pushed live.

Awesome work Miike.

There a bit of negativity here about the testing; but props to you for acting fast to prevent another issue that would have caused a lot of upset; like the Nick Fury synergy bug fix did.

Personally I'd vote for a cool down, plus a reduced quantity of power, rather than once per fight limit; but as long as it does get a bit better limited, that's cool.

Got the final word. This is not working as Intended, and will be fixed before release. The original intention was for this to work once per fight, but we're looking at other options as well. We want to get this fix out before the end of the week, and will have more details on it before it is pushed live.

Awesome work Miike.

There a bit of negativity here about the testing; but props to you for acting fast to prevent another issue that would have caused a lot of upset; like the Nick Fury synergy bug fix did.

Personally I'd vote for a cool down, plus a reduced quantity of power, rather than once per fight limit; but as long as it does get a bit better limited, that's cool.
    That's an awesome solution..cool down of 10 seconds or maybe 30 sec will surely be awesome.
  • NimorNimor Posts: 110
    edited October 2019
    I know this isn't entirely on topic but i think it's a glimpse to a larger issue that has been quite hot lately. I have mixed feelings about how kabam is approaching this again.
    On one hand i can really see that kabam is trying to communicate with the players more and we get an answer on the issue quite fast which is something i can appreciate and is definitely an improvement.
    On the other hand this seems to me like the usual "we thought of a cool interaction but didn't really put any thought on the implications" and now they try to pass it as a "description error?" which has 2 big negative aspects imo:
    1) Kabam shows weakness on designing and testing their stuff once again and more importantly
    2) after they realize they did an oopsie they try to cover for it instead of admitting it.
    Now the above is only speculation but it would be hard to convince me otherwise since this is a recurring situation. I would personally appreciate much more admitting to your mistakes (when they happen) and try to improve on your designing and testing than trying to deny everything and let us guessing when you are actually saying the truth and when not.

On to the topic now. A "once per fight" trigger feels really weak and pretty much makes this a synergy you wouldn't actively go after. A timer on the trigger every x seconds would be a nice way to control the balance in my opinion.
    Nimor said:

I know this isn't entirely on topic but i think it's a glimpse to a larger issue that has been quite hot lately. I have mixed feelings about how kabam is approaching this again.
    On one hand i can really see that kabam is trying to communicate with the players more and we get an answer on the issue quite fast which is something i can appreciate and is definitely an improvement.
    On the other hand this seems to me like the usual "we thought of a cool interaction but didn't really put any thought on the implications" and now they try to pass it as a "description error?" which has 2 big negative aspects imo:
    1) Kabam shows weakness on designing and testing their stuff once again and more importantly
    2) after they realize they did an oopsie they try to cover for it instead of admitting it.
    Now the above is only speculation but it would be hard to convince me otherwise since this is a recurring situation. I would personally appreciate much more admitting to your mistakes (when they happen) and try to improve on your designing and testing than trying to deny everything and let us guessing when you are actually saying the truth and when not.

On to the topic now. A "once per fight" trigger feels really weak and pretty much makes this a synergy you wouldn't actively go after. A timer on the trigger every x seconds would be a nice way to control the balance in my opinion.

I respect your opinion and agree on it too but it's much better in this case as communication is happening before time and money gets invested in the champion. Also the cooldown timer seems to be the best option imo. Also a synergy that breaks the game should have been tested as it's a basic thing of dexing again and again and can be exploited to land back to back specials. Imagine if i can hit sp3 from DHawk on map 7 Omega..it is surely game breaking lol.
    They need to test the stuff better but i am very happy to see the communication part!
    KUDOS KABAM!
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    You can literally spend 10 seconds using that synergy and you would know if its correct or not
    *cull obsidian flashbacks*
    At least this is before she is released but I wonder if this fix would occur if we didnt notify the team

It's fixed. There'll be a 12 second cooldown now, which is way more reasonable.

It kind of throws that "it was actually supposed to only activate once per fight"-statement out the window, though lol.

Unless of course the devs saw the suggestions in this thread and were like "that's actually even better than what we wanted to do" lol.

I am super happy with the end result..atleast the communication part was to the point this time..
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    The thing with Biohazard node is that it’s more and more common to see it with Nano-Plague, making it suicidal to use Robots against it, and with this synergy release, I bet we will hardly ever see one without the other now.

Caltrops is the only node I can think of that will truly benefit Robots within this synergy (unless they invent a crazy node to go with caltrops now too).

Aside from that, just a few matchups can make this synergy insanely good... like fighting against Yondu, Abomination and Man-Thing.

It is indeed a crazy good synergy, but it’s way to situational to be nerfed, from my point of view.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★

Absolutely she will get re-balanced. No champ is safe now. But not before people have laid out the hard earned cash and spent the resources etc will she be changed entirely.

because there's enough fools who actually believe this, what new champs that got released in the last year or 2 were ACTUALLY re-balanced? can you name 1?
    Hey Daniel, doesn't matter how may fools believed it or not. Shes now nerfed lol. At least the OP got his answer. Don't waste those 3 days grinding bud.
    Yes. Because this synergy is only real reason to use her...
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Thi101 said:

Caltrops is the only node I can think of that will truly benefit Robots within this synergy (unless they invent a crazy node to go with caltrops now too).

No retreat
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Diksh619 said:

Hey folks,

Just saw a video on Seatin's YT channel -
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=XyYCpm65D_0
    The robot synergy gives all robots 70 % a bar of power on nodes such as caltrops and bio-hazard (A.I. Uprising). The synergy looks too good to be true.
    So here is the concern. The champion is yet not available and arenas, crystals are coming soon for the champ. I already have Aegon at r5 sig 200 and i am not interested in this champion. The only reason i will go hard for this champion is because of this synergy that makes my Warlock, Sentinel and Darkhawk awesome.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit Can you please ensure this is intended and not going to be re-balanced later. I don't want to spend time or money investing into this champion if this synergy is later removed or reduced.

I hope this post is taken as a constructive feedback! I really wish this remains to be what it is..

I'm with you, I don't want to spend money, items and most important, my time on champs because of how great they are on day one only to see 90-days later what made them great was taken away.

With that being said, nobody, including @Kabam Miike or anyone on there staff make that guarantee, it's not a reasonable request.

If a champ affects the game in a way that wasn't intended, they will "fix" it. I get your point, it should have been corrected prior to release, and lets hope that's the case moving forward because if it keeps happening then consumers will no longer perceive this as measuring data and re-balancing, but rather baiting consumers into buying only to switch what they purchased at a later date to something less desirable, and in my opinion and from my pov, that is not the case.

Give them a little trust and let them earn the rest. That's typically how every relationship starts.