**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The main source of pull frustration

BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
Is it that you’ve pulled yet another champ you don’t want or is it that there’s no guaranteed way to even get a champ you want? For me I think I would prefer being able to get a champ I wanted even if I had to kick in double the shards.

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    I’ve wanted the top rarity OG Black Panther for the longest time, despite his cloned moveset and lackluster abilities. I wish I could just get him and be done with it.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I’m still on the hunt for Quake.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    5* champs that I still don't have, but want:
    Ghulk
    Hyperion
    Arch Angel
    Medusa
    Killmonger
    Void
    Stark Spidey
    The list goes on. But I have just about every meme champ you can name. Some duped numerous times over.
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    Knowing I'm gonna have to grind for another crystal knowing I'm just going to get disappointed again.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    LaVarBBB said:

I feel like spinning crystals is my main source of frustration; even though it’s a fixed outcome and that champ is guaranteed, the fact that the crystal adds very good champs right next to the pulled champ adds to the extra disappointment.

Pop the crystal then. 😂😂
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    xNig said:

The main source of frustration is expectation.

this is what LORD BUDDHA said....
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    LaVarBBB said:

xNig said:

LaVarBBB said:

I feel like spinning crystals is my main source of frustration; even though it’s a fixed outcome and that champ is guaranteed, the fact that the crystal adds very good champs right next to the pulled champ adds to the extra disappointment.

Pop the crystal then. 😂😂
    I’m addicted to spinning it 😂 I can’t be the only one
    dude i just play this game for the crystals
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    That fact that every last item, and crystal (unless purchased or the few complete, 2 star containing phc in the 5 arena ) comes in tiny pieces that require we either play every last part of this game to complete them in a timely manner or we purchase them...pretty obvious one is tied to the other! And the fact that nothing is being done to change the pathetic drop rates on all the Crystal's. You grind and grind and build and build and the crystals drop the lowest possible reward 99% of the time!
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

The main source of frustration is expectation.

That's very Buddha 😱
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Double shards for the champion of your choosing, are u mad bro?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★

My main source of frustration currently is watching my good friend pull absolutely everything new over the last 4 months from max 20 featured’s per go.
    I’ve stopped buying cavs now as my luck has been horrendous yet I can’t help but feel jealous and aggrieved seeing all his pulls.
    I can’t really complain now as if I’m not buying them I have no chance to pull them but yeah, I’m still complaining lol.

I had an alliance mate who for a month recently had almost a 20 percent drop rate for 6-stars from cav crystals. I am not yet cavalier so rather than be jealous of his luck, I simply enjoyed his luck vicariously. He got Warlock, BWCV, duped his Luke Cage and Night Thrasher, and got about three others that I can't recall. It was quite a run, and fun to watch.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    My main frustration is the inclusion of champs like DPX, Cap WWII, Beast, etc., in the 6-star crystal pool. If Kabam could remove about 20 champs from that pool, there would still be more than 100 champs in there, but less likely to include ones that make you feel lousy after spending 2-3 months to get those shards.

When the reward feels like a punishment, then something is wrong.
  • LaVarBBBLaVarBBB Posts: 81
    xNig said:

Haha well it’s the truth.

I never expect any good champ pulls for my 5*s or 6*s so I just take whatever comes.

Didn’t have a new champ for 3-4 months worth a rank up (I open one 5* every 1.5 weeks thereabouts). Then got Warlock from the free crystal and Omega after 1 more 5* crystal. Was a pleasant surprise.

Champs will come naturally. What’s more important is to learn to make use of the roster you currently have and make the best out of it. Hoping and praying for a god tier pull every single time will just frustrate you enough to make you want to quit.

Yeah I always try to take that certain approach so I don’t get disappointed and all, but if your constantly getting bad champ after bad champ (Like my 6* roster), you can’t help but feel frustrated and angry that all the hard work resulted in nothing.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    The frustration comes from duping champs for me. I dont really care if I pull a new "bad" champ since I see it more as a door to unexplored (ie. champ was better than their reputation) or yet to be created (revamp) possibilites rather than a waste of a crystal. Also, arena points since i grind a lot

But if ive already tested the champ, decided they suck, and are already duped, then i get frustrated
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    The frustration for me is me putting in time to clear event quests and playing arena for shards and then popping a crystal only to get a useless champ that's not going to get me far.
    My only recourse is that these champs might get buffed
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

The frustration for me is me putting in time to clear event quests and playing arena for shards and then popping a crystal only to get a useless champ that's not going to get me far.

Maybe in a few years they’ll have finished a couple. A lot of the older champions could have the garbage 8-12% accuracy of their 2 line abilities or weak sig bumped up to something less ridiculous and Kabam could call it a day.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

My main source of frustration currently is watching my good friend pull absolutely everything new over the last 4 months from max 20 featured’s per go.
    I’ve stopped buying cavs now as my luck has been horrendous yet I can’t help but feel jealous and aggrieved seeing all his pulls.
    I can’t really complain now as if I’m not buying them I have no chance to pull them but yeah, I’m still complaining lol.

I had an alliance mate who for a month recently had almost a 20 percent drop rate for 6-stars from cav crystals. I am not yet cavalier so rather than be jealous of his luck, I simply enjoyed his luck vicariously. He got Warlock, BWCV, duped his Luke Cage and Night Thrasher, and got about three others that I can't recall. It was quite a run, and fun to watch.
    Yeah I I mean I’m not upset at him or anything but given we have progressed around the same rate and have similar spending habits it’s just hard when my roster has been stagnating yet I’ve watched him R5 namor and Claire, pull 6* warlock and Elsa, pull and dupe aarkus and mysterio and pick up a stealth spidey all from about 60-70 cavs lol.
    Not even mentioning whatever else he pulled like that 6* wasp in picture.
    The last 10 cavs I had were 9 3* and DD Netflix dupe, just crazy how differing the pulls can be. Like I said hard to be sore about it as I’ve stopped buying those money pits.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★

Jh_Dez said:

Maybe in a few years they’ll have finished a couple. A lot of the older champions could have the garbage 8-12% accuracy of their 2 line abilities or weak sig bumped up to something less ridiculous and Kabam could call it a day.
    Word!!
    Some of these champs don't need a massive buff tbh. Just some tweaks in their stats and minor changes to the way their ability works.
    It won't make them god tier but at least they'd be more interesting to play
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    after being incredibly active in game i am finnaly quitting today map6,tier 3/4 AW platinum 3/4 n all that good stuff.. and probably retire completely since i am not feeling interested or excited about anything in good in game right now.. few reasons that frustrated me for a while now
    - very very frustrating gap between good pulls and bad pulls ... good r few n far inbetween like always 10+ months of dry spell,(yeh i am one who r2 WS,R5,night thraser n waited months to get last 10% on champion because of having no actual option to finish that)
    - very very long time to buff two simple champs who r far from breaking game
    - two faced communication almost like bait and switch
    - 1 entire class of champions who r worthless if u honestly look at things.
    - 3 days a month which u can try n enjoy while doing new uncollected and then entire month nthing else to do
    - incredibly outdated, bad n borderline mindless grind of an arena system
    - no way of obtaining a new champ that 60% of ur alliance gets (yeh featured crystals)
    - incredibly expensive offers,6* obtaining system.
    - as soon as you think things r about to improve, they go back to being even worse.
    - Variant 1& act 6.2 are one of the worst content ever made in game!
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    It would be nice to if once or twice per year we could get a crystal that let us pick any champ. I do think that the rng is part of the thrill of the game though. It does reach a point though where you hunt for one champ way to long and it would be nice to have a sure fire way to grab a champ you’ve been waiting forever.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    To watch posts of "I got a bad pull"., When they know there's chance of happening it before going for it... :)
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Kalantak said:

- 1 entire class of champions who r worthless if u honestly look at things./blockquote>

What class is that? Don’t say mystic.

• KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    My brother just decided to give the game less play time because of less than enthusiastic pulls.

I think he might just quit all together.