**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quake Not Evading!

Quake vs. Modok in tier 2 AW. Quake was charging her heavy but didn’t evade his first medium attack. It has happened many times before but thought it was my fault, this time I was sure it wasn’t, please help.

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Did you check the nodes for something like True Strike?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Were you under 18% health
  • JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★
    No true strike, no aar.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.

Was there some form of aar immunity involved?

Doesn't matter if your opponent is immune to AAR, she evades anyways.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Assassin tree gives everyone you attack AAR below 18%
    Etjama said:

Quake is not immune to AAR, and her evade is affected by it.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

Yes assassins was what I was on about
    Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

Yeah, but Assassin's isn't available in Map 2 AW, is it? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

And no, Quake isn't immune to AAR, but I never said that she was. I just said that if her opponent is, she evades anyways. At least that's how it is for me. I one-shotted Master Mephisto this month a couple times using the old Quake'n Shake.
    Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

Yeah, but Assassin's isn't available in Map 2 AW, is it? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

And no, Quake isn't immune to AAR, but I never said that she was. I just said that if her opponent is, she evades anyways. At least that's how it is for me. I one-shotted Master Mephisto this month a couple times using the old Quake'n Shake.
    Assassins tree is available in all levels of AW, it is a mastery and when you fight in AW you fight against people with their masteries.
    Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

Assassins tree is available in all levels of AW, it is a mastery and when you fight in AW you fight against people with their masteries.
    Ah, sorry bout that. (My point on AAR immunity stands though.)
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

no it doesnt. assassin reduces YOUR AAR. it doesnt make them immune. if THEY have assassin, and YOU are under 18%, you wouldn't evade.
    edited October 2019
    Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

no it doesnt. assassin reduces YOUR AAR. it doesnt make them immune. if THEY have assassin, and YOU are under 18%, you wouldn't evade.
    Not talking about Assassin's. I'm bringing out a whole different point as @UmbertoDelRio asked if AAR immunity was involved. If your opponent is AAR immune, you still evade.
    Etjama said:

Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

Not talking about Assassin's. If your opponent is AAR immune, you still evade.
    yes but that has nothing to do with this post.
    Etjama said:

Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

yeah, I don't know how that became a point, because, yeah.

Ill take a look at my quake and modok. what node? did we figure that out?
    Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

It has a lot to do with this post as @UmbertoDelRio asked if AAR Immunity was involved, hence my quoting him in my initial response.
    AW tier 2, Tile 15, Modok.

And were you below 18%? After the last thread you should probably post a video....
    Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

It has a lot to do with this post as @UmbertoDelRio asked if AAR Immunity was involved, hence my quoting him in my initial response.
    that was not the AAR he was asking about.

Etjama said:

That's not correct. If your opponent is immune to all forms of aar they're also immune to concussion-debuffs (example: archangel). And she needs a concussion debuff on the opponent to even evade.
    I feel the need to chime in here.... You don't need a concussion debuff to evade if you are charging a heavy... as is described here
    Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

That's not correct. If your opponent is immune to all forms of aar they're also immune to concussion-debuffs (example: archangel). And she needs a concussion debuff on the opponent to even evade.
    I feel the need to chime in here.... You don't need a concussion debuff to evade if you are charging a heavy... as is described here
    You do:

Passive:

Evades all Basic Attacks against opponents with a Concussion.

You dont need the aftershock.
    Lormif said:

And were you below 18%? After the last thread you should probably post a video....
    Nope. And as far as the last thread goes, more people seem to agree with me then with you.
    Lormif said:

Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

You do:

Passive:

You actually don’t. If you played with her you would know she evades on debuff immune nodes.
    Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lormif said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

M.O.D.O.K, not Venom.
    Etjama said:

that was not the AAR he was asking about.

As you can clearly see here @Lormif, @UmbertoDelRio was obviously asking about AAR Immunity and not just the Reduction. This is what I quoted and I have no idea why you are still trying to continue this.
    edited October 2019

Lormif said:

Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

You do:

Passive:

Okay this is kinda weird. I only mentioned this because I was 100% about both quakes description, which as shown above does require a concussion for her to evade, and because I was absolutely certain I had her evade not work against archangel with no other nodes involved quite some time ago.

I just tried it. Archangel did not have a concussion debuff, because he is immune, but she still evaded.

So... I mean... I think I digress? It shouldn't work according to her description, though.
    Yeah, her description says that she evades when her opponent has a concussion debuff, but that's not exactly how it works. I'd rather not bring it up as it will probably be classified as Nerf-worthy by Kabam. And if he was awakened, he could've had a neurotoxin on you, reducing your AA causing you to fail in an evade.

Lormif said:

Primmer79 said:

Etjama said:

You do:

Passive:

Okay this is kinda weird. I only mentioned this because I was 100% about both quakes description, which as shown above does require a concussion for her to evade, and because I was absolutely certain I had her evade not work against archangel with no other nodes involved quite some time ago.

I just tried it. Archangel did not have a concussion debuff, because he is immune, but she still evaded.

So... I mean... I think I digress? It shouldn't work according to her description, though.
    All about trial and error with champs these days. Interactions don't always work the way we're told. Regardless. From what I am looking at, she should have evaded.