**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The mechanics behind 5* AG crystal spin

Looking at the 5* AG rewarded at the summer calendar and the current money offer, what is the mechanics behind the actual spin/reward?

Myself and several others (based on post on this forum) seems to just keep getting the same class AG from these crystals.
Is there any rational explanation, like if you have more sig stones for one class or it's simply just bad RNG?

Comments

• Options
    MrVenzelMrVenzel Posts: 9

Prof Hoff said it's based on Kabam's Patented coded software, programmed and tailored to each individual players.

And by tailored to each individual player it mean like, if you play a lot of one type or if you own a lot of one type, you will get that type of gem?
  • Options
    jay_den said:

This is why I never buy any rng based offers...

I get you and I'm starting to learn the lessons. ;)
  • Options
    tafre said:

I really hope that it is just bad/good RNG depending on which gems you get. To this day I have gotten 11 of the 5 star class awakening gems and I have obtained:
    2 science, used on CapIw and Quake
    2 tech, used on Stark and Ghost
    2 mystics, used on GR and SS and the grand finale,
    5 Cosmic gems used on OG Cap Marvel, (this was in 2016 and she was my first 4/55 do not judge please lol), medusa, corvus and hyperion. The 5th one is still in my stash will wait to see if I get anyone worthy.

I think that I have been lucky with my 5 star cosmic gem repetitions since a cosmic gem is never something to sleep on considering that there are sooo many good cosmic champs, however it is very unlikely that I get 5 of the same class out of 11 possible gems,.The probability of getting 5 of the same class out of 11 tries is a little bit less than 2%, very unlikely but even BW evades 2 times in a row with a 3% chance so it might just be RNG after all...

Well yeah.. it's of course a matter of how you look at it whether it is good or bad. Yours turned out quite good.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    MrVenzel said:

Prof Hoff said it's based on Kabam's Patented coded software, programmed and tailored to each individual players.

And by tailored to each individual player it mean like, if you play a lot of one type or if you own a lot of one type, you will get that type of gem?
    It's more like the 2nd kind, since you haven't used it, getting the same AG can just slow down progress and make some content make you use more resources to complete/explore
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    The rng in this game feels like a mean spirited joke at times! Early on in my game play (started 4 month into the games launch) i recognized that if i wanted it (whatever it was, items or champs) i had to find ways to obtain it without risking the rng deciding my success or failure. I began setting targets and winning the champs and items i wanted. That was the best solution for me, i now have all but10 of the 3 star champs and all but 20 of the 4 stars. As for things like awakenings and items that are only available cracking a crystal...i get kabam'd as bad as the next guy. But, i have successfully gotten around the rng deciding every last champ on my roster! For champ aquisition? I am in charge! So my best advice is look for any opportunity to control your own outcome...usurp the rng's control werever and whenever possible!
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Disagree? With what you lil troll?? Whoever you are i believe you would hit disagree if i said "the sun rises in the East not the West!" Quit dogging me troll!
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    As much as I would like to believe there is a specific algorithm that Kabam uses, I went to Random.org and tested it myself. I set up a RNG between 1 and 6, assigned each # a class and pulled in groups of 10 for a total of 100 AG openings. My results are below:

Skill - 15
    Mystic - 12
    Cosmic - 16
    Mutant - 17
    Tech -17
    Science - 23

For me Science is the clear winner overall, always pulling one in every round. Side note - my last 2 pulls in real life have been Science. Mystic is least likely to be opened, there again IRL I don't remember ever opening a Mystic AG.

The most of the same class I pulled in one span of 10 openings was Mutant - 5 times.

I opened Tech the most on my 1st pull, a total of 3 times. I never opened a Cosmic on the 1st pull.

So based on my 100 opening data I am the most likely to get Science, but my 1st pull will likely be a Tech, but if I save up 10 AG, 1/2 could be Mutant.

PS - I am THAT bored at work! This is not meant to be scientific fact or representative of anything other than me performing a pretend AG opening at work so I don't fall asleep.
  • Options
    It's RNG folks (you had bad luck), no need to call Fox Mulder and investigate 11 seasons worth of conspiracy here.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★

This isn't true. Drops from the awakening gem crystal are random and are not affected by your inventory or account in any way.
This discussion has been closed.