**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Game Idea Changing that Could BENEFIT Kabam & the community

arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
edited October 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
Hi everyone.
I wanted to share with you an idea that I've been thinking and writing that can make this game much better for Developers & the community. I created a document and video with images and the whole process.
Here is a written idea:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YXA1H8y4FEuCqh__DmrBbUyGsLDJgLkFhihYae91eg8/edit

Here is a video with deep dive:
https://youtu.be/CKa356VENqY

Let me know what you think.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    oddly this is not new. This is something they used to do to some extent a long time ago, you would get the champion to play with but not use in main content, I am not sure why they removed that.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Very interesting and if implemented, it could fix a lot of issues Kabam has with champion balancing.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

oddly this is not new. This is something they used to do to some extent a long time ago, you would get the champion to play with but not use in main content, I am not sure why they removed that.

This is more than only use the champion that you don't have. I explained more in the video I've created.
    The document also cover challenges and suggestions.
  • AmytGAmytG Posts: 36
    Y'know, I don't think it's possible, but if it is, this would be a cool idea. This might lose Kabam money in that people would actually make educated decisions about what Champions are worth going for and which aren't, but if they cared about player opinion, this would serve to detox players a bit, as they would know (roughly) what they were buying before they did.
    Although I suppose people will complain about the balance changes the team sees fit to hit the character with so that it's not exactly the same anyway, but toxic nerds will be toxic nerds.
    Overall, I like this idea, and would definitely like to see it implemented. However, making this a feature locked behind a paygate (in the order of the golden circle) would probably be Kabam's choice, as it would entice its users to splurge for the Sigil. However, this would only serve to alienate them from a portion of their playerbase anyway, so they obviously shouldn't do it. As it stands, your suggestion deserves consideration and implementation, though at their current speed, it might take them awhile to roll something like this out.
  • GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    There is some merit to the idea. While @AmytG has a point in that making it sigil-exclusive could alienate some of the playerbase, I think Kabam would be smart to do so. It's not hard to spare $10/month for the sigil, and there are more than a few worse subscriptions to use that on. DC, Disney+, and Netflix for example.
    AmytG said:

Y'know, I don't think it's possible, but if it is, this would be a cool idea. This might lose Kabam money in that people would actually make educated decisions about what Champions are worth going for and which aren't, but if they cared about player opinion, this would serve to detox players a bit, as they would know (roughly) what they were buying before they did.
    Although I suppose people will complain about the balance changes the team sees fit to hit the character with so that it's not exactly the same anyway, but toxic nerds will be toxic nerds.
    Overall, I like this idea, and would definitely like to see it implemented. However, making this a feature locked behind a paygate (in the order of the golden circle) would probably be Kabam's choice, as it would entice its users to splurge for the Sigil. However, this would only serve to alienate them from a portion of their playerbase anyway, so they obviously shouldn't do it. As it stands, your suggestion deserves consideration and implementation, though at their current speed, it might take them awhile to roll something like this out.

It can be always start as basic area without new champs. new pre-releases will "increase" free game testers (community) to the champions
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I made a similar suggestion a while ago. Although what about nodes?
    @GluteusMaximus check the video, I talked about it. They also have CCP, it's clearly not working as intended.
    The idea is more than just test champions
  • AmytGAmytG Posts: 36
    GUARD1AN said:

There is some merit to the idea. While @AmytG has a point in that making it sigil-exclusive could alienate some of the playerbase, I think Kabam would be smart to do so. It's not hard to spare $10/month for the sigil, and there are more than a few worse subscriptions to use that on. DC, Disney+, and Netflix for example.

yo I hate to be like this (no I don't, sorry), but there are a good deal of free-to-play accounts as far as I'm aware, and the logic that "there are worse ways to spend it, so therefore people should have to pay for it" wouldn't pass in any debate above 5th grade. Kabam alienating its fanbase is bad, and hopefully the upcoming scaling progression calendar is an olive branch that the community will accept so that the devs can stay close and accessible.
    In the same manner, a "Training Room" implemented in this way would serve as a benefit to both the community and Kabam. Locking it behind a paywall would create a larger divide between ftp and ptw players. This could serve as a "sink or swim" to the community, further excluding the casuals and only serving to make the remaining group more elitist. This would serve to induct much fewer people into the community. Only reason I stayed was the Summoner Appreciation Calendar. If you lock stuff away, the community suffers.
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118
    Love this idea @arni2 it would be a great way for all of us to decide whether going for a new champ would be worth it or not. It also would help with certain matchups that we may want to get a champ for but aren't sure if they can handle the fight and what rank we would need to get them up to, to be good.
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I like it but I’d want to have access to every buff and debuff for practice.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Me gusta
    I will update the document and share my answer and suggestion to devs regarding "decreased revenue".
    I do hope this can be, at least, partially implemented