Options

Claire Voyant

I recently got the 6* Claire Voyant and I’m impressed with her regen, nullify, and immunities. The one thing I don’t understand is that she has a 200% crit damage rating and her attacks don’t seem to reflect this. Her sp3 fully loaded is amazing and I love the one of a kind type of champ she is in that she is built for slaying immune champs. I’m just curious about her attack. It took me around 455 hits to kill WS in ROL. I can do that same number with my 4* Omega Red. Her attack seems low, especially with that crit damage rating of 200%. Everything else is wonderful.

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    She needs the suicides to hit moderately hard, without she’s a noodle
  • Options
    Gr81Gr81 Posts: 41
    edited October 2019

Anyone hits harder in Suicides. But for her to have that crit rating and critical damage rating, she should hit hard no matter what. I mean, decent masteries of course, but nonetheless, her damage output should reflect her numbers. Just saying.
  • Options
    The only other way to hit hard with her without suicides would be using her hellfire curse. But even so, she is an offensive burst champ like Corvus and those numbers in her info should count for something. Hitting like a “wet noodle” is unacceptable with those numbers.
  • Options
    UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    Gr81 said:

The only other way to hit hard with her without suicides would be using her hellfire curse. But even so, she is an offensive burst champ like Corvus and those numbers in her info should count for something. Hitting like a “wet noodle” is unacceptable with those numbers.

She is more of a utility champ than offense and maybe it took 400 hits is because her sp2 hit counter is inflated so suicides is your best bet
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gr81 said:

She's about as far from a burst champ as it gets. She's a utility champ with mediocre damage regardless of what you seen to want her to be.

Base attack stats or more of just a starting point than anything. Without suicides her damage is always going to be mediocre. Even with them it's only okay. She's basically designed to use with suicides
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If you look at a champ like imiw, he has crazy high base crit stats, but without his dot he hits super weak, I think diminishing returns have a fair effect on base stats with the crit and crit damage masteries
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gr81 said:

Anyone hits harder in Suicides. But for her to have that crit rating and critical damage rating, she should hit hard no matter what. I mean, decent masteries of course, but nonetheless, her damage output should reflect her numbers. Just saying.

a wet noodle criting for 200% damage still hits like a wet noodle.
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    I own a 6* rank 1 Black Widow CV. I find she has good damage when fight against heavy buffed opposition. When they are no buffs to nullify her numbers go down a bit but not enough to not want to use her. I will rank 2 her as soon as I am able and she will be my very first rank 2 6*
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    She has the highest base attack rating in the game currently too so it’s really interesting that her damage is pretty lackluster. I don’t run suicides and never will. Her L2 isn’t bad with death touch in hellfire mode but other than that, meh.

I’ve been debating taking her to R4 even though I have DV at R5 and I can’t convince myself.
  • Options

She hits like a noodle, with her attributes and ability she should be close do Domino, have Kabam nerfed her. Or will they just change her attributes to match her current game play?

We shall see

she has always hit like a wet noodle, there is no nerf here.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

She has the highest base attack rating in the game currently too so it’s really interesting that her damage is pretty lackluster. I don’t run suicides and never will. Her L2 isn’t bad with death touch in hellfire mode but other than that, meh.

I’ve been debating taking her to R4 even though I have DV at R5 and I can’t convince myself.

I’m with you on this. I only have a 4* Claire Voyant , but I’m not tripping over features crystals to get her 5* either. I don’t think she is.a bad champ; but people need to know exactly what they are getting from her before investing. Without other champs having buffs, she is cool to play.

I’m still debating on CV , GR, hood, or even ebony maw lol.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I took her to 5/65, and to me she is the best mystic champ in the game, but to each their own.
  • Options
    Mninobody said:

I would challenge those who have negative comments about CV damage to actually have a CV. Most are following what the initial videos of her started and I understand those things can hang on and spread though the community. Whether it was done intentionally to keep the area down, as those people who spoke down about her damage grinded the arena for her, or it was just pure miscommunication.
    I pulled a 6* and yes I run suicides but even at rank 1 I found she was doing the same damage as my 5/65 blade. So I did some damage comparison. Although the initiator of this post is having some crit issues, mine even in AQ map 6 crits 2-4 times a combo. So I took her to rank 2. My medium crits over 6k almost 1000 more than my 5/65 blade with danger sense.

So does blade have weak damage? Does Ghost without trinity have weak damage as my rank 2 hits for 5k on her first medium crit.
    All the negative CR comments, please find 5 champs (not ramped up) who hit harder than CV.
    I’ll wait.

1) rank 2 6*s are greater than rank 5 5*
    2) Your claire voyant is fighting at class advantage, where as your blade is not.

Now I am not saying Cv is weak or not, but lets compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Mninobody said:

I would challenge those who have negative comments about CV damage to actually have a CV. Most are following what the initial videos of her started and I understand those things can hang on and spread though the community. Whether it was done intentionally to keep the area down, as those people who spoke down about her damage grinded the arena for her, or it was just pure miscommunication.
    I pulled a 6* and yes I run suicides but even at rank 1 I found she was doing the same damage as my 5/65 blade. So I did some damage comparison. Although the initiator of this post is having some crit issues, mine even in AQ map 6 crits 2-4 times a combo. So I took her to rank 2. My medium crits over 6k almost 1000 more than my 5/65 blade with danger sense.

So does blade have weak damage? Does Ghost without trinity have weak damage as my rank 2 hits for 5k on her first medium crit.
    All the negative CR comments, please find 5 champs (not ramped up) who hit harder than CV.
    I’ll wait.

1) rank 2 6*s are greater than rank 5 5*
    2) Your claire voyant is fighting at class advantage, where as your blade is not.

Now I am not saying Cv is weak or not, but lets compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.
    In addition, your CV hit is around 6100, Blade is around 5900, only about 200 more, not nearly 1000. Agreed, not saying it's not a hard hit, but still Blade is showing here to be the harder of the 2 when all factors are taken into account. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing my CV even without suicides, but that's because I look at her as a utility champ with more damage than average. I don't take her into a fight expecting top tier damage like I'd get from Namor or Domino. That's not where she most shines.
  • Options
    Mninobody said:

@Lormif @10or_Strong you both failed to acknowledge that little symbol in Blades icons of danger sense. You understand what damaged sense does to his damage correct? I intentionally put class advantage for CV and a non class advantage but danger sense for Blade because he gains higher damage from danger sense than class advantage.
    Without danger sense CV hits about 1000 more than blade with only class advantage.

1) it adds 1k attack rating, NOT DAMAGE, attack rating does not translate into damage directly, there is a formula. Also SHE SHOULD, he is higher ranked then blade is, r2 6* is higher than rank 5 5*. Now if you had a rank 5 5* clair and compared it to 2 non class advantaged then we can talk.
  • Options
    Mninobody said:

@Lormif sounds like you are trying to educate however you have the wrong information. Damaged sense adds 2100 attack, which inside the formula translate to damage. The formula itself translates directly to additional damage. That is what attack is for lol. And your point a rank 2 because it’s a rank 2 should have more damage than a 5/65? How many champs do you have at 5/65 and rank 2? That rank has zero to do with the equivalency in damage. My rank 2 Ghost does less first medium crits than Blade at 5/65. So that comparison is irrelevant.

I have several at both, my r2 6* elsa for example has more attack than my r5 5* domino......
  • Options
    Mninobody said:

@Lormif well if you don’t know that a champions star, level and rank does not relate to if they have higher damage or attack to different champs then good luck with your mcoc life. Nothing more to discuss.

lol so you are tellingme that my rank 1 5* level 1 GG with 907 attack will have the same attack if I rank him to level 5 (907), or if I get him as a rank 1 level 1 6* (2335)? What if I took the goblin to level 10 (2487)

So yes, all 3 of things directly affect damage and attack (via the calculation) If you did not realize they relate then good luck with YOUR mcoc life.
  • Options
    Mninobody said:

@Lormif sounds like you are trying to educate however you have the wrong information. Damaged sense adds 2100 attack, which inside the formula translate to damage. The formula itself translates directly to additional damage. That is what attack is for lol. And your point a rank 2 because it’s a rank 2 should have more damage than a 5/65? How many champs do you have at 5/65 and rank 2? That rank has zero to do with the equivalency in damage. My rank 2 Ghost does less first medium crits than Blade at 5/65. So that comparison is irrelevant.

2,100 more attack does not equate into 2,100 extra damage. You’re forgetting factors like crit, crit damage, armor, and resistances.
  • Options

• Options
    That specifically says she is an Offensive burst champion for all of you that call her utility. Obviously, she is more utility bc her offense does not reflect her info whatsoever. But as you can see, she was built to be an offensive burst champ...
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    And for the record, I will never use suicides but I still love CV. I just feel like her damage should be taken up to reflect her info. That is all. She’s my favorite Mystic and one of my favorite champs. A gentleman said to list 5 that hit harder:
    Sparky
    Corvus
    Cull
    CapIW
    Ghost
    Emma
    Almost all of the Hulks
    And I’m sure there are more I’m just not listing. The only point I have been trying to make is that her damage should be on par with her info, that’s all. Especially when she IS listed as an offensive burst champion. This should be reflected in all aspects of her fighting. Not just the Hellfire curse.
  • Options
    I do agree that she has a ton of utility though. With her different immunities she is just great against any champ with immunities or who cause bleed, poison, or incinerate. An extremely versatile champ to say the least. It just makes me wonder why she is listed as offensive burst in her info along with other numbers that are clearly not reflected in the way she is used and her damage output. Regardless of those issues, I still love her as a champ bc she is amazing. Even without suicides.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Gr81 said:

That specifically says she is an Offensive burst champion for all of you that call her utility. Obviously, she is more utility bc her offense does not reflect her info whatsoever. But as you can see, she was built to be an offensive burst champ...

Tags are not always indicative of the roles they truly play.

Ghost is most certainly offensive burst in most people’s eyes.

While Hyperion can be a defensive tank, more people utilize him as offensive burst/damage over time.

Sparky also way more utilized as an offensive burst champ, not defensive.

I actually like KG, but seriously? Who are we kidding here.

I’m willing to bet money more people use Venom as an offensive damage over time champ than a defensive tank.

You can’t go based solely off tags because they’re not really accurate. She should’ve been tagged more as control counter, not offensive burst as she cannot go toe to toe with any of the “defensive tank” champs like Hyperion or Venom.