**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cyclops a villain?!?!

Can someone explain to at what point in the Marvel Universe has Cyclops ever been a villain?!?! πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Read his bio
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 534 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Avengers vs X-Men story line. See RoninMan's spoiler.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 β˜…β˜…β˜…

90's Cyclops (Blue outfit that we know from the 90's cartoon) is the regular, good, Cyclops.

Xavier School Cyclops is from when he just went "screw it", hooked up with Emma Frost and went full douche :smile:

Pretty much that. We can also take into account the time Cyclops was possessed/merged with Apocalypse for a time. When he was unbonded, he was a little different, much more douchy (for lack of a better word), so the seeds were sowed long before the AvX story, but it would seem that bonding with the Phoenix Five was the catalyst that pushed him from douche to psychotic killer.

• KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    He was basically Magneto Jr.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2019

90's Cyclops (Blue outfit that we know from the 90's cartoon) is the regular, good, Cyclops.

Xavier School Cyclops is from when he just went "screw it", hooked up with Emma Frost and went full douche :smile:

-insert best scene in any x-men movie here-
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Lormif said:

TBAG4DAYS said:

TBAG4DAYS said:

Can someone explain to at what point in the Marvel Universe has Cyclops ever been a villain?!?! πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚

If you just read the bio you would have saved yourself from a lot of embarrassment
    Sorry but there are more important things in life to me than not knowing all the storylines of the entire marvel universe πŸ˜‚!
    Ok, well then next time don't try to correct kabam on something you know next to nothing about.
    Moving the goal post, his comment was in relation to you saying he should feel embarrassed for being wrong. There is nothing wrong with being incorrect.
    I was not saying he should be embarrassed, I was just vaguely suggesting that you do more research into something before assuming that it's a problem. Anyways, the mods are probably gonna remove this soon enough.
    When did the OP ever suggest there was a problem? From what I’ve read OP was just incredibly shocked Cyclops was ever a villain and asked why.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I have never, ever noticed this until now. Has it been this way from the beginning?
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,416 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

TBAG4DAYS said:

Yeah I know he killed Xavier, but while being possessed by the Phoenix force... so if that’s the basis for him being tagged a villain why isn’t Phoenix tagged a villain?!?!

Jean Grey was possessed by the Phoenix force
    After the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas in the comics, there was a storyline where the Phoenix Force returned and bonded with multiple X-Men - the ones I know of off-hand are Cyclops, Colossus and Magik. This triggered the Avengers v X-Men (AvX) storyline where the Avengers demanded the Phoenix Force be relinquished and "managed" while the X-Men demanded they be allowed to handle it themselves.

The series drew a lot of criticism for the way it handled various characters - especially Cyclops.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_vs._X-Men_(Event)
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    phil56201 said:

TBAG4DAYS said:

Yeah I know he killed Xavier, but while being possessed by the Phoenix force... so if that’s the basis for him being tagged a villain why isn’t Phoenix tagged a villain?!?!

Because it's just regular Phoenix. That outfit and name could go along with the late 90's as well, when she re-adopted that outfit and codename.
    I would imagine we would need a Dark Phoenix to assume the villain responsibilities of that character, as that was the incarnation that committed those atrocities.

We literally have had phoenix and dark phoenix in the game lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Primmer79 said:

phil56201 said:

TBAG4DAYS said:

Because it's just regular Phoenix. That outfit and name could go along with the late 90's as well, when she re-adopted that outfit and codename.
    I would imagine we would need a Dark Phoenix to assume the villain responsibilities of that character, as that was the incarnation that committed those atrocities.

I found a video of Seatin taking on Dark Phoenix in the X-Men event from so long ago he was still filming from his bedroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZOjd0n_HA
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

Primmer79 said:

phil56201 said:

TBAG4DAYS said:

I found a video of Seatin taking on Dark Phoenix in the X-Men event from so long ago he was still filming from his bedroom.

Oh yeah I remember doing that EQ sucks they really just used her for one EQ then threw her in the bin same with the project X wolverine
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,416 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    IIRC that was just a palette-swap; for all intents and purposes it was just Phoenix with node buffs
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

IIRC that was just a palette-swap; for all intents and purposes it was just Phoenix with node buffs

That's my recollection as well, but it was long enough ago I'm not 100% sure. But technically, she was in the game.

Also, I thought flagging a post with a math calculation was weird, but someone seems to have a lot of expiring disagrees and is now disagreeing with, among other things, a video. I suspect it's because I took a break from the forums when I was in Japan and they had nothing to flag for a week. I didn't realize how important my posts were to some people's lives. Now whenever I see that flag, I'll think of those poor souls, desperately waiting for me to give them something to flag, and I'll imagine bringing a smile to their face for a few seconds and brightening their day. Because what is the community for if not to add that ray of sunshine.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

DNA3000 said:

Primmer79 said:

phil56201 said:

TBAG4DAYS said:

Oh yeah I remember doing that EQ sucks they really just used her for one EQ then threw her in the bin same with the project X wolverine
    I think that month made a lot of people mad because a lot thought we would get them as playable characters, but KABAM was like β€œnah fam NPC only”
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 β˜…β˜…

DNA3000 said:

Primmer79 said:

phil56201 said:

TBAG4DAYS said:

I think that month made a lot of people mad because a lot thought we would get them as playable characters, but KABAM was like β€œnah fam NPC only”
    Don't forget about Jessica Jones when Luke cage first came out but even then we didn't even get to fight her
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Let’s just add ice Phoenix and call it a day
  • MassapealMassapeal Posts: 143 β˜…
    At the start of this year, didn't Kabam say some previously unplayable characters would be added to the collection? Next month is Silver Surfer and 2 others...