**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What have you done on your alternate account that you wouldn't have done on your main account?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
Many of us have alternative/backup accounts that we play with when we're out of energy, or just fancy a change. Mine is at Proven level, with just a few five star champs (only three so far), is unlikely to dupe them, or to pull 'God Tier' champions from basic crystals. Given this, when Kabam gave us a 5* Awakening Gem recently and I got a Tech Gem, I decided to Awaken this none-too-popular Champion, since doing so would actually make him at least a bit useable:

Actually, Vulture synergizes really well with my other top champs on this account (Venom and Darkhawk), and I'm finding him surprisingly fun; so no regrets so far. But obviously if that had been my main account, I'd have saved the gem for someone like Sparky or Darkhawk. So, I thought it might make an interesting thread to ask: what have you guys done on a backup account that you wouldn't have done on your main account? Why? And how did it work out?

Comments

• Dethgawd119Dethgawd119 Posts: 14
    I started collecting 2*s on my second, which is something I would never normally do.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    On my second account i used a 5* science gem on og hulk simply cos i like hulk
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

On my second account i used a 5* science gem on og hulk simply cos i like hulk

Plus og hulk has a nice synergy with thor rags that gives him a 6 second indestructible when he reaches 20% health
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★

Many of us have alternative/backup accounts that we play with when we're out of energy, or just fancy a change. Mine is at Proven level, with just a few five star champs (only three so far), is unlikely to dupe them, or to pull 'God Tier' champions from basic crystals. Given this, when Kabam gave us a 5* Awakening Gem recently and I got a Tech Gem, I decided to Awaken this none-too-popular Champion, since doing so would actually make him at least a bit useable:

Actually, Vulture synergizes really well with my other top champs on this account (Venom and Darkhawk), and I'm finding him surprisingly fun; so no regrets so far. But obviously if that had been my main account, I'd have saved the gem for someone like Sparky or Darkhawk. So, I thought it might make an interesting thread to ask: what have you guys done on a backup account that you wouldn't have done on your main account? Why? And how did it work out?

I feel like people hate on vulture too much definitely not the best champ but he is really good for what he is made for which is power control and probably one of the better power controllers out there.(plus he looks cool and pretty some to play with)
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    R4 Rulk, r4 Gwenpool, r4 unduped Magik

R3 Angela, R3 Modok and R3 Spidergwen

and then a bunch of 5/50s BW, Og Thor, HT, Mephisto, Cull, and Phoenix..... The other r4s like Domino, Starky, Quake and Doc oc i would r4 and in the case of Quake and Domino would R5 on my main account if i could get them but havent gotten them there.

Has definitely been fun to get them on my second account which is my free to play account, I do UC EQ completion on the 2nd account every month and some other stuff here and there as well as map 5×5 AQ so its a nice chill kind of thing compared to the constant monthly content grind of my main account with heroic to UC exploration, daily arena milestone grinds and whatever other side content is out at the time, as well as story mode.

I Stopped after 5.2 on side account and havent had a chance to finish much else story wise there, i honestly cant imagine how much you would have to play to go full tilt on 2 different accounts. Plan on doing a completion run through 5.3 and 5.4 soon but dont see myself ever doing exploration anytime soon. If a fun quick side quest like the recent one all the youtubers designed pops up ill do it on my side account but just dont have the time for the longer stuff..... Anyway thats my life story, ty
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

So, I thought it might make an interesting thread to ask: what have you guys done on a backup account that you wouldn't have done on your main account? Why? And how did it work out?

Interesting question. On my main, I generally open basic 5* crystals, except for the once every two week discount featured from the sigil. My thinking is that losing one third of my 5* crystals to shoot for featured costs me too much in 6* shards from dups. But on my second account, I've been opening only featureds. On that account 5* shards come much more slowly, and thus the issue of the numbers game for 6* shards from dups is less important than having a greater shot at getting newer champs in that account.

Its worked out fairly well over time. I get duds, but I also get the occasional great pull. The two best 5* champs in that account right now are VTD and Thing, so can't complain.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    I don’t buy crystals and I don’t rank up champs unless I absolutely need them in my second account.

Actually grew this account so well that it’s better than some mid tier profiles. Got a 6* R2 Domino, R5 Hyperion, R4 capiw, aegon, iceman, sparky, rulk, dormammu, magik, thing, Frost and Angela.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Watch T2A and T4B expire because the inventory can't hold them and I really can't be bothered taking another account to lvl 60 or go after UC.

I log in, maybe claim the daily crystal then log out. The only time I actually play is if there are alliance related events that need numbers, gold realms or the very, very occasional Map 3 run.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★

I feel like people hate on vulture too much definitely not the best champ but he is really good for what he is made for which is power control and probably one of the better power controllers out there.(plus he looks cool and pretty some to play with)
    Yeah, he's better at Power Control than I'd thought. It's a bit tricky getting the hang of his Raptor Strikes; but I've come to learn the value of using them after a parry, then using an SP1 Siphon debuff to gain the Chitauri Energy for repeated Strikes.

Nice this thread finally caught a few replies after drifting for a few days!