**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Been demoted from leader? <MERGED THREADS>

Comments

• arowsell94arowsell94 Posts: 12

I changed my password and I will keep you guys updated if that helped but in the meantime I recommend everyone change your password

Lol that’s really unnecessary, they’ve said above that it’s been fixed.
  • JoshKauffmanJoshKauffman Posts: 1
    Hello. Me too. Quick fix appreciated, please.
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    This is totally crazy. We're in aq atm. What happens if the new leader kicks everyone? Makes no sense whatsoever!
  • ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    I had a bug where it said I wasn’t even in an alliance after I reset game it was back to normal but I wasn’t able to view my profile or view alliance events
  • Hi321Hi321 Posts: 0
    I was playing the game then out no where the dude called Grayfrost joins denotes me and becomes leader. How did he do that and how do I become leader again
  • SEMOletteSEMOlette Posts: 11

If you have been absent for a while, other people in the alliance probably contacted Support and asked that they promote someone else who is active up into Leader position.

FYI, in the upcoming change for November, Kabam will be doing this “Automatically” after a certain period of inactivity.

EDITED: just saw multiple reports, and Kabam saying investigating. But the FYI for future months still valid for any leaders who are absent for long time (but not sure Kabam has said “how long” that absence would have to be).

This doesn't work for me i was on the app when i was demoted and my officer was leader. Been on gor hours.
  • Aqwa81Aqwa81 Posts: 15
    Ya it would be real nice if someone that has an issue with their ally and just started kicking everyone. A lot of time a effort could have been lost. Very bad bug.
  • MokkieMokkie Posts: 95
    Same here. If the member who suddenly becomes leader and kicking people out. Kabam. You better be accountability for this stuff up!!!
  • Furious_1Furious_1 Posts: 1
    Happened to me too, I was off for all of about 45 minutes
  • Me too
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Colleen said:

I had a bug where it said I wasn’t even in an alliance after I reset game it was back to normal but I wasn’t able to view my profile or view alliance events

I had that happen too. Glad I didn't accidentally click the auto find an alliance option that popped up lol.
  • MazoosWifeMazoosWife Posts: 20
    Yeah I logged on and was demoted to member. 🙃
  • Con76Con76 Posts: 1
    Same problem been demoted to officer from leader not impressed kabam
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We are working toward getting the demotions fixed but this may take a bit of time. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this and will let everyone know as soon as we have any additional details.
  • DirtyDan99DirtyDan99 Posts: 8
    I was on when it happened to me
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    This happened to me too I’m leader and been demoted without warning then it’s switched to two other people as well.

Fix this ASAP please and recommend suspending the upcoming change if this is what it’s gonna be like.

Last week at start of war season it was the persistent charges now this so what’s going on guys?
  • Gunz BlazzinGunz Blazzin Posts: 7
    Same thing here. was demoted from leader and lowest ranking memeber was promoted Leader. was out of game maybe 1 hr didnt notice it til am officer brought it to my attention
  • QuantumTigerQuantumTiger Posts: 1
    This is ****. If people get kicked it could screw up war since placement started already. This needs to be fixed now. I'm an active leader and was demoted to member. One of my officers made leader. Now how do I get back to leader? Get promoted to officer and have leader and officers demoted so it "makes" me leader? I don't have time for this. Fix now compensate us for the inconvenience.
  • Oneeye1Oneeye1 Posts: 29
    I just noticed the exact same problem everyone else is having. Was logged off for a couple of hours since I was at work and I got demoted from leader to a member. I’m One-Eyed Salami. As you can see in these pictures leadership changed hands several times. Thank god that I can trust the person who ended up with the leader position.... I feel so so sorry for anyone that ends up with some troll as the leader of their ally. Someone could really do some damage here. How has this kind of stuff become acceptable??? As much money that so many people spend on this game... you’d think kabam would spend some of it to hire some professional coders. All we deal with are bugs nowadays. This one is game breaking... excuse me, “alliance breaking”....SMH

• MrGoudieMrGoudie Posts: 9
    This is major non officers are being promoted to alliance leaders?

In the middle of war placements and while AQ is on.

• h3rch3rc Posts: 7
    So apparently this is an inconvenience especially with aq/aw going on if you guy’s at kabam can put a rush on fixing this issue we would appreciate thanks
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    xKinksx said:

Please tell me yall are going to do emergency maintenance and fix this. Like this isn't good. What if the one made leader is a jerk and removes everyone or some ****?

I would actually consider this, and I don't say this lightly. Scrambling the leader role in lots of alliances across the game has the potential to be an exploit-class bug. Kabam is ultimately responsible for any bad thing that happens when they hand administrative rights for alliances to random players and if the problem can't be reversed quickly the culpability rises exponentially fast.

In my alliance I was demoted from leader and one of the most recent recruits was promoted. I don't expect anything bad to happen until the problem is resolved, but if it did I would hold Kabam explicitly and solely responsible for any losses or disruptions to any member of my alliance.
  • I have no idea what is going on but the game somehow kicked me from
    Being leader wats this about
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    This just happened to me, too. I was an officer, and now suddenly I'm the leader of the Alliance. No one did anything to make that happen.
  • How is it possible that i be demoted as leader of my own alliance by a random member. not even an officer? Can you please look into this. Alliance name is Tvbar
  • Gunz BlazzinGunz Blazzin Posts: 7
    get with the new leader. have them promote u back. i did with my team. im back as leader now. everything back to normal now
  • DjParkourDjParkour Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Its fixed now. At least for us.
  • UberBoneUberBone Posts: 36
    This happened to me too ... demoted me to member ... promoted random member directly to leader ... in that order

sorted it with help of member
  • I've been demoted from leader of my team to member!
This discussion has been closed.