**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

COUNTERS for PSYCHIC THORNS in WAR

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
I am new to high tier war so If you people could point out all kind of champs who can do this
I think best is Emma frost right? NO idea who else would work maybe magneto and scarlet witch?

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Havok, Domino, Dorm, IMIW can work too.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Human torch is another, symbiote supreme as well
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    Try spamming M.O.D.O.K. heavy after parrying for incinerate damage and then use his special 1 after power build-up. Rinse and repeat.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    I use Sentinel and just stay on his special 1, it usually heals more than any damage I've taken
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Repto23 said:

I use Sentinel and just stay on his special 1, it usually heals more than any damage I've taken

You can spam his heavy as well. I've done that before on thorns.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I do that path and switch between Brie Larson, Sym supreme or quake depending on who is placed.
    Some use namor, HT or Omega red.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    are energy attacks always non-contact? I was under the assumption that contact vs non-contact was a seperate category from physical vs energy attacks.
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118
    Stealth suit spiderman. His regular combo has 2 different non contact hits. As well as his heavy also having 2 non contact hits...
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

are energy attacks always non-contact? I was under the assumption that contact vs non-contact was a seperate category from physical vs energy attacks.

No
    Energy and non contact are different. Last I checked magneto still takes damage.

Non contact would be like Yondu hitting with his arrow, domino using her gun or anyone else who hits without their firsts/arms making contact with the enemy.

Where as physical vs energy damage are mainly to allow for different types of resistances to work in different ways
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Patchie93 said:

No
    Energy and non contact are different. Last I checked magneto still takes damage.

Non contact would be like Yondu hitting with his arrow, domino using her gun or anyone else who hits without their firsts/arms making contact with the enemy.

Where as physical vs energy damage are mainly to allow for different types of resistances to work in different ways
    that's what i thought. so why champs who make a physical contact with energy damage (ex: human torch) are not taking thorns damage?

if energy damage doesn't make contact, they shouldn't take reflected damage from Electro.
    if it does make contact, they should take damage from psychic thorns.

i don't know if it's a bug or just wrong description of the node
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Use starky and heal with sp 2.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Psychic thorns you heal as well with non contact special
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Hype spamming SP 1 works. Blade works depending on who the defender is. You can parry/bleed for power and then spam SP 2. Better options have already been listed.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Imiw is actually great for it. MLLLL combos. Throw in sp1 as well. No problem, usually walk out of that section with a yellow bar.