**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upgrade your Daily Login Calendar this November!

Comments

• Fishman46Fishman46 Posts: 4
    New calendars are a joke for those who have not reached uncollected. I’m grinding to get through act 5 and can’t do it without upgrading my small roster of 5* champs and you go and take away a good source of 5 star crystals from us. Thanks for nothing.
  • DJ_Jokes2DJ_Jokes2 Posts: 6
    WTH? I’m conqueror and the email I get clearly says that I’m given then proven calendar but will be upgraded when I advance to the next level - which I did as Conqueror. So where is my new calendar? You know the one that actually helps me advance?
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    Still a lot of worthless days.
    11 days that give you nothing but a tiny amount of gold.
  • AugenesburgAugenesburg Posts: 7
    This new monthly calendar is not good at all for lower level players. I totally agree that at higher progress in the main campaign. You should be rewarded for that. But if you are not uncollected. You are totally screwed. You don't get any 5-star shards at all. The older calendars we're just fine.there should have not been anything changed. For player that are below uncollected. Those are my thoughts. What does everybody else think?
  • __QB2018____QB2018__ Posts: 14
    For Conquerors, this calendar is the equivalent of getting socks for Christmas ! MEH
  • Gold crystals are upgraded in new login calendar.

As a Cavalier, i see uncollected Gold crystals which offer 15k minimum gold.
    Nice addition.

Just hopping they upgrade Uncollected Gold Crystals, uncollected PHC, Uncollected Arena Crystal to Cavalier
  • Rasta11Rasta11 Posts: 12
    is this the advanced calendar?? No 5* shards ?? By finishing act4 and busy with act 5 you get the same rewards as those who finished act 3 yet the players who get a step above act4 ( uncollected, cavalier) get bigger rewards why get they bigger rewards for finishing a act and conquerors not ?? Not fair getting Kabamed our 5* shards are gone yet to wait longer to get a new 5* champ . Thanks for the upgrade

• Even after becoming uncollected, 4 stars are currently more useful to me than 7.5% of a 5 star crystal.
    You don't NEED 5 stars to become uncollected..In my opinion, this was a good upgrade. It could have been better but still it is in no way "A slap in the face"

I just became UC and I don’t open 5 stars, I got almost 6 5*crystals.
    5 stars only become interesting if you can rank them r4, otherwise 4 stars are stronger because of dupe/sig.

4 stars are awesome, people need to get their priorities straight if they want to progress. 4 stars and arena are the heart of the game. 4 stars are relatively easy to get and there are at least 20 champions who are insane to play and another 30 who can rip through content.

So about 1/3 of the champions are awesome and are easy to get, have fun people, be salty when it counts.
    Fishman46 said:

New calendars are a joke for those who have not reached uncollected. I’m grinding to get through act 5 and can’t do it without upgrading my small roster of 5* champs and you go and take away a good source of 5 star crystals from us. Thanks for nothing.

You’re grinding through act 5?
    It’s just two paths dude, two paths to be uncollected.

• Even after becoming uncollected, 4 stars are currently more useful to me than 7.5% of a 5 star crystal.
    You don't NEED 5 stars to become uncollected..In my opinion, this was a good upgrade. It could have been better but still it is in no way "A slap in the face"

I just became UC and I don’t open 5 stars, I got almost 6 5*crystals.
    5 stars only become interesting if you can rank them r4, otherwise 4 stars are stronger because of dupe/sig.

I'm sorry wait. Did you just say you don't open 5 stars because they are only interesting if you can r4 them? How do you know if you have anything r4 worth if they are sitting in a crystal? You worked for those 5*, why not open them and enjoy them, even if they have to sit on the bench for awhile.

• It’s not about worthiness of the champ, it’s about resources . To go to 5*r4 you need 12 t4b, 7 t4cc, 16 t1alpha and 4 t2 alpha.

What I am trying to say is, you have to recognize where you are in the game, if you cannot max out a 4 star to become uncollected, what are you going to do with a 5 star?

A 5 star is not a magic ticket.
    If you still are collected, 4 stars are more beneficial for your account. 5 stars are for endgame content and if you are still in act 3 or act 4, you’re barely mid level.
  • MyradralMyradral Posts: 154
    L.A.M.E.

This is best you could come up with??? Every month I hope that something interesting comes out. - but it is the EXACT SAME THING.

L.A.M.E.
  • TBKlannTBKlann Posts: 68
    All we are getting from complaining about the calender is put down talk from upper tier players who aren't affected by it and just look for a reason to say "get better". This has affected a lot of players and if we don't voice our concerns then it just gets looked over. Let them nerf a few God tier champs and the uppers will lose their minds, we've already seen that go down, and kabam listened eventually. What's wrong with those who are not uncollected complaining when they basically "nerfed" our calender. All this talk about "your better getting more 4* champs" is funny seeing all the complaints I read of people saying upper calender didn't get enough 6* shards. Not mentioning the conqueror class just got left out completely.
  • DJ_JokesDJ_Jokes Posts: 13
    edited November 2019

It’s not about worthiness of the champ, it’s about resources . To go to 5*r4 you need 12 t4b, 7 t4cc, 16 t1alpha and 4 t2 alpha.

Ranking a 5* to r3 gets you an equivalent hero to a r5 4* and takes less resources overall. With how difficult resources are to get, why would you ever take a 4* to r5 unless you are forced to because of lack of 5* availability due to things like the new calendar and not letting conqueror level into Epic.

The bigger issue is that kabam is effectively saying that taking out some 3K heroes to get through Act 3 is worthy of a new calendar (which realistically you can do in the first 6 weeks of playing), but you don't need another better calendar to help you until you can take out what like 14 20K heroes in Act 5.2. Seriously?

And remember, this will likely be the template for all calendars going forward - so say goodbye to a Holiday calendar or special event calendars that help conqueror's advancement.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    Is the only difference between UC and Cavalier the last 3 days?
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Once again kabam shafts the players who need the good items the most.. It doesnt even seem worth it to login daily anymore now that the 5 star shards are gone..
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Typically I'm pro player but in this case the people that are Cavalier worked hard to get there and it isn't that hard if you're ready. So you have every opportunity to receive those rewards and the people that have been playing for 4 years had to beat most of these quests with much lesser rosters and youtube solutions out there. Just become Cavalier.

Now if you're saying the calendar could be better gold wise or add some sig stones I agree with that.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    TBKlann said:

All we are getting from complaining about the calender is put down talk from upper tier players who aren't affected by it and just look for a reason to say "get better". This has affected a lot of players and if we don't voice our concerns then it just gets looked over. Let them nerf a few God tier champs and the uppers will lose their minds, we've already seen that go down, and kabam listened eventually. What's wrong with those who are not uncollected complaining when they basically "nerfed" our calender. All this talk about "your better getting more 4* champs" is funny seeing all the complaints I read of people saying upper calender didn't get enough 6* shards. Not mentioning the conqueror class just got left out completely.

There is a difference though. Not that I agree with the complaints about not enough 6* shards (hey I wouldn't complain about more but I'm fine with what's there as well), but the difference is you aren't playing any content while uncollected that actually requires 5*s through gates or even difficulty. Cavalier players are playing content where 5 and even 6* champs are required to even take the path.
  • DJ_Jokes said:

It’s not about worthiness of the champ, it’s about resources . To go to 5*r4 you need 12 t4b, 7 t4cc, 16 t1alpha and 4 t2 alpha.

Ranking a 5* to r3 gets you an equivalent hero to a r5 4* and takes less resources overall. With how difficult resources are to get, why would you ever take a 4* to r5 unless you are forced to because of lack of 5* availability due to things like the new calendar and not letting conqueror level into Epic.
    I took my 4 stars to rank 5 to become uncollected.

It’s simply where I am at in the game, probably take a year or more to become cavalier, as it should be. In the mean time I got all these awesome duped 4 stars which I have so much fun to play with.

I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I choose 4 stars over 5 stars until I am ready to take the next step.

• BloodshedzBloodshedz Posts: 45
    I became uncollected today. Nov 1st.
    I know i have to wait for dec for the change but where is my new uncollected calendar?
    Thought it was seperate from monthly calendar.
    Can someone help me?
  • DJ_JokesDJ_Jokes Posts: 13

It’s simply where I am at in the game, probably take a year or more to become cavalier, as it should be. In the mean time I got all these awesome duped 4 stars which I have so much fun to play with.

I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I choose 4 stars over 5 stars until I am ready to take the next step.

I did not mean to say you were wrong, or to pile on. We all have different play styles and the game forces decisions as you progress - which I enjoy as a part of the game. My comment was intended to be only about your reference to the resources regarding upgrading a hero. I was just trying to point out R4 of a 5* is nice, but it is not the equivalent of a r5 4*, and the resources need to get a to r5 are more than the 5* equivalent. I realize I got kind of aggressive in my wording about that, for which I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be attacking your choices in any way.

As I said, my concern is that Kabam has chosen to simply ignore the achievement of Conqueror as deserving any improved rewards over the completion of Act 3. Which in terms of game timeline is a very early completion point. Completing Act 4 is much more difficult, and getting from there through 5.2 is another big step in effort and time commitment. So it is disproportionate to get better rewards after Act 3 and then not again until 5.2.
  • No no, you’re right. 4*r5 and a 5*r3 are about the same. I personally prefer 4 stars for dupe/sig, but if someone chooses the 5 star with future progress in mind, yeah sure. I just feel like most people overlook 4 stars, so I make a case for that.

And yes, meastro is the first real milestone I think. They could have handled that better
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    edited November 2019
    I became Cavalier this week. I became UC about 6 months ago.

I just focused on getting to Cavalier for most of this year. I never fully explore UC monthly, I just do one pass through it. I do try to do most of the monthly side quests. I fully explored Road to Labyrinth around the same time I became UC, but never did labyrinth of legends or realm of legends. I've just been focused on doing one single path through Act 5 and Act 6 to get to Cavalier. So the important point there is that my free potions are saved for that content. If other content is hard enough to require potions, I usually skip it. This week I finished the last 3 parts of Chapter 1 in Act 6 to get to Cavalier. Doing those three took opening 400 free four-hour crystals for potions. I have Blade 5/65, Ghost Rider 4/55, and Omega Red 4/55, all duped. Other than those, the other champs on my roster didn't seem to matter much for Act 6.

At this point, I would like to continue getting 5-star shards. Replacing those fully with 6-star shards is not ideal. There are plenty of 5-stars I'd still like to get for the first time (Hyperion, Magik, Stark Spidey, etc.) and several others I'd like to dupe. I have a 6-star King Groot and Omega Red, but they weren't what got me through Act 6. The duped 5-star Omega Red is better.
  • At this point, I would like to continue getting 5-star shards. Replacing those fully with 6-star shards is not ideal. There are plenty of 5-stars I'd still like to get for the first time (Hyperion, Magik, Stark Spidey, etc.) and several others I'd like to dupe. I have a 6-star King Groot and Omega Red, but they weren't what got me through Act 6. The duped 5-star Omega Red is better.

Although I don't think this is a huge issue, I do understand that this one is problematic for a segment of the playerbase that recently achieves Cavalier. I think one compromise that might work would be to replace the crystal shard crystals in the Cav calendar with grandmaster crystals, so that each month awards three GMCs.

What's the value of a GMC? Well, we can guestimate given the drop rates. There's a 82% chance of getting a 3*. Let's set that aside for now. There's a 15% chance of getting a 4* champ. Let's consider the 4* champ to be worth its duping value, so that's either 275 5* shards or 550 5* shards for a max dup. And then there's a 3% chance for a 5* drop. Let's value that at 10,000 5* shards.

If we take the max dup 4* case, then the value of a GMC is about 550 * 0.15 + 10000 * 0.03 = 382.5, or about 383 5* shards. So three GMCs would be worth about 1150 5* shards. That would be in the general ballpark of the 1250 5* shards that the UC calendar would average (1000 5* shards in 30 day months, and I'm assuming 1500 5* shards in 31 day months), plus the Cav calendar would still be awarding 6* shards as well.

It doesn't seem too off the wall, as Cav players are already getting one GMC a month from the weekly Cav calendar. And if the devs think it is too much, they could give GMC shards instead, so that the Cav calendar drops the equivalent of, say, two GMCs a month. And I don't think many Cav players will miss the crystal shard crystals this would displace.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    I love tier 2 alpha catalyst. The others are insignificant.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    1000 5* shards are really that important for cavalier? Don't think so.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Actually only getting 4* shards from being Proven at the end of the month is a downgrade from getting 5* shards and is just going to make it that much harder to advance in the game, this new calendar is a disappointment

I see the opposite, more regular 4* champions , 1 a month (instead of the 1-2 5* Per year you'd get with the old) will help you to tackle challenges sooner rather than later.
    Are you kidding me? In 2019 with 4* barred from Act 6 telling people that 4* tackle challenges later?
This discussion has been closed.