**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do You Feel Like Kabam Listens To Player’s Suggestions

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
The title says it, do you guys feel like Kabam listens to us?

Do You Feel Like Kabam Listens To Player’s Suggestions 104 votes

Yes
18%
CoatHang3rTendersquadTerraMityAntSavio444NiteAndDaeZuko_ILCDarthPhalHmmIKONTheSpicyKnightLeoCruzLormifEtjamaJollyHawkredm4nDPXFistheGOATNik_860SettlersofCatan 19 votes
No
72%
Vdh2008RagamugginGunnerSnakeEyes69clcubingMagicBentonWorld EaterTimone147Spity68Saiyanbelli300MrLalowJwallace25KerayZAlex13369Benny_CucumbersSpicyslicerMyradralCropDuster16wegnerkJayBird_IsTheWord 75 votes
I don’t care if they do or don’t
9%
Haji_SaabDemonzfyreOrcDovahkiinRamadaBatsiiNopedroooWoogieboogieMidnite93Mother_FlerkenFeroX_the_fat_hering 10 votes

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Sometimes
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    No
    Haji_Saab said:

They look at data more than the forums or Youtube

So they dont listen to players? Also data without context is very misleading.(its happening with swgoh and its a giant mess right now)
  • Yes
    Lately yes but overall not really.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    They do. They don't act on them regularly which I'm fine with bc the majority of the playerbase hasn't got a clue

They've acted on some fairly large ticket items though which demonzfyre highlighted quite a few of.
  • plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    It is a business. In business, you can't make everyone happy and there are profits that need to be made. People in this game get upset even when they are given free stuff and while digital, all items do have a monetary value attached. People are entitled to their opinions and as such there won't be a time where everyone agrees.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Yes
    I feel like they listen but take a little while to act it. Better late then never i guess.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Yes

Haji_Saab said:

So they dont listen to players? Also data without context is very misleading.(its happening with swgoh and its a giant mess right now)
    That is not the same thing. You are conflating listening with doing what the players want. If they did what the players want every day of the calendar would be a 6* crystal. they have to balance what the players want with the need of the game, and the best way to do that is to set goals and look at the data. the data is contextualized by the goals they have, be it player logins, kills, progression what not.
    Yes
    Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

What is swgoh?
    star wars galaxy of heroes.
    Yes
    Agentk said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

That is not the same thing. You are conflating listening with doing what the players want. If they did what the players want every day of the calendar would be a 6* crystal. they have to balance what the players want with the need of the game, and the best way to do that is to set goals and look at the data. the data is contextualized by the goals they have, be it player logins, kills, progression what not.
    Yes but when the majority of the community is dissatisfied with the events it’s not exactly good
    Like kabam need to do something either by adding more celebrity events or boss rushes regularly or adding a cavalier difficulty for endgame players
    Except you dont know the majority of the community is dissatisfied. all the people on the forums and reddit and the like make up less than 1% of the community, we are the vocal majority. They can tell if the playerbase is upset by looking at the statistics and see how they are being affected at the time. And to be honest I am pretty sure a new difficulty will come after act 6s progression.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    No
    Only when they absolutely have to.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I never thought there would be a day when I voted yes, but I really feel like they're listening more lately. Look at the Champion Balancing Updates (the champs after 3 months thing). Several of us (including me) said that it was stupid. My main point was to get it right the first time and take more time to test them in the first place. Now they've stopped balancing the champions and are taking more time to test the champs. They've finally updated the calendars (even though I'm Conqueror and got a downgrade), but a lot of people, especially Cavalier are getting it a lot better. I really do believe that they're trying lately, just dropping the ball on some things like this next side quest coming out. But hopefully they listen to us and do a great job on Doom. All of us have been begging for a Godly Mystic.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    I don’t care if they do or don’t
    Agentk said:

Lormif said:

Haji_Saab said:

Yes but when the majority of the community is dissatisfied with the events it’s not exactly good
    Like kabam need to do something either by adding more celebrity events or boss rushes regularly or adding a cavalier difficulty for endgame players
    The majority of the community would still be upset if they gave us 6* crystals every other day. The expectations of the community are sky high which is normal but impacts perception of whats actually good or not.
  • DJ_JokesDJ_Jokes Posts: 13
    No
    Etjama said:

I never thought there would be a day when I voted yes, but I really feel like they're listening more lately. Look at the Champion Balancing Updates (the champs after 3 months thing). Several of us (including me) said that it was stupid. My main point was to get it right the first time and take more time to test them in the first place. Now they've stopped balancing the champions and are taking more time to test the champs. They've finally updated the calendars (even though I'm Conqueror and got a downgrade), but a lot of people, especially Cavalier are getting it a lot better. I really do believe that they're trying lately, just dropping the ball on some things like this next side quest coming out. But hopefully they listen to us and do a great job on Doom. All of us have been begging for a Godly Mystic.

But if they exclude a group like Conqueror from adequate rewards they are still being myoptic and catering to only some of the feedback / players. The current scheme gives everyone the same rewards from completion of act 3 once to being able to complete act 5.2 once. Act 3 arguably you can complete in the first 30 days relatively easily (going up against 2.5k heroes). How long then does it take you to get to Act 5.2 (going up against 20K heroes) if you haven't played the game for years already? If you are going to implement a tiered rewards system the rewards for each level should be comparable to content and equally good or bad across the board. Right now Conqueror gets you access to Master level monthly quests and nothing else. Uncollected gets you epic a new calendar and better everything else. What is the point of even having a Conqueror achievement if you don't get an across the board increase over Proven? All in all I think the calendars are appropriate for the content level, but excluding Conqueror breaks the "fairness" of the system and makes the whole effort a major fail.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes
    DJ_Jokes said:

Etjama said:

But if they exclude a group like Conqueror from adequate rewards they are still being myoptic and catering to only some of the feedback / players. The current scheme gives everyone the same rewards from completion of act 3 once to being able to complete act 5.2 once. Act 3 arguably you can complete in the first 30 days relatively easily (going up against 2.5k heroes). How long then does it take you to get to Act 5.2 (going up against 20K heroes) if you haven't played the game for years already? If you are going to implement a tiered rewards system the rewards for each level should be comparable to content and equally good or bad across the board. Right now Conqueror gets you access to Master level monthly quests and nothing else. Uncollected gets you epic a new calendar and better everything else. What is the point of even having a Conqueror achievement if you don't get an across the board increase over Proven? All in all I think the calendars are appropriate for the content level, but excluding Conqueror breaks the "fairness" of the system and makes the whole effort a major fail.
    Yeah, I'm Conqueror as I mentioned and feel like I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, but I think all-in-all they're trying.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Yes
    To an extent. Im pretty sure the number of suggestions far outnumber the number of staff they have. They also have to sift through stupid suggestions, suggestions average players think are good but in reality are bad, troll suggestions, suggestions that are great but difficult to implement, etc...all while having to analyze their data, create new ideas, and actual programming. And this isnt even taking into account potential disagreements amongst the developers/management at Kabam.