**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Sinister post SP3 unresponsive to heavy charging

Comments

• SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    It's still broken. Any update?
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    SantaGulk said:

It's still broken. Any update?

Still broken but hopefully they’ll fix him in the new update.

I just tested the him again and the issue persists
    So,

On the early bug fixes for 24.1 you are introducing Sinister labs, yet this bug is not fixed?

Can we get clarification on this (it literally ruins him) on why this hasn’t been addressed?
  • The team is still looking into this and we will update everyone here once more information is available tot share.

The team is still looking into this and we will update everyone here once more information is available tot share.

Disappointing that it’s taken many many months to fix this. It’s quite unfair my Sinister is maxed out R5, had so many resources poured into him

I’ll submit a ticket and possibly follow up with a phone call
    Update on the ticket - this is in some sort of bug queue and is awaiting some kind of resolution

It’s been an excruciating process to get info on this but Kabam says they’re working on it with no date.

Thanks to Carlos from Kabam
    Okay, it’s been 7 months since this started and now Kabam responded to me and I’m going to start a holy war.

Firstly, watch this video:

https://youtu.be/aKqEJBPbNKE

Okay. So here’s the sequence of events:

On April 2, 2019 i sent a ticket to Kabam. I told them the problem and they said they’ll fix it. Multiple back and forth emails and they ended up fixing an issue that caused a champion to dash in after an SP3 expired.

Then, this champion started behaving in the way my video shows WHICH IS A BUG - CLEAR AS DAY.

I have been assured it was to be fixed. 23.3, 24.0, 24.1, 24.2, 24.3, and now 25.0 and no fix.

At one point they sent me 1500 units because they kept messing up.

Then a bunch of alliance potions

Then a bunch of other stuff.

Yesterday they said he’s working as intended. THEY CONTRADICT WHAT IS WRITTEN IN HIS ABILITIES and is a clear bug.

They offered me 3100 units and a rank down ticket.

Okay. So now I’m passing it on to the community because it’s a farce. Not only that - it’s been 7 months. How negligent must you be to not understand the game mechanics of your own game, and then you offer one person a Rank Down Ticket?

Again, here’s the video. Watch it. It’s a bug.

https://youtu.be/aKqEJBPbNKE

Kabam, you’re wrong. So wrong.
    Can other people try this and see if it works for them? Then please say what device you’re using.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    so I watched your videos and read your post. A couple of things.

1) It does not contradict his abilities.

His abilities state when you charge a heavy he pauses these debuffs. The problem here is not that it is not pausing the buffs while charging the heavy, it is that you cannot charge a heavy after a sp3. The ability to charge a heavy after an sp3 is not in the sheet anywhere.

2) This is not a Mr Sinister thing, this is an input thing. I took domino into rol as well just to see if she could start charging a heavy after an sp3, either directly or via a dash back, and she could not either.

it is possible they have heavies turned off after an sp3 for some reason, maybe they have all queued inputs disabled for a period of time and all you can do is timed inputs, of course I dont know all the info about queued inputs and dont know what are all the queued inputs. I can upload the video for domino once it gets done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuuvuzPK6Fs
    Thanks Lor

Then hopefully they fix it. Some people report being able to do it.

What phone do you use? Masteries?

Again this is 7 months now and I feel as if they put zero effort into it

Thanks Lor

I don’t use a phone I use a 3rd gen iPad Pro 12 inch, with standard suicides build
    Lormif said:

Thanks Lor

I don’t use a phone I use a 3rd gen iPad Pro 12 inch, with standard suicides build
    Ok. I have an 8+

You cannot charge after an SP3. Some people with 11’s both can and can’t do it.

Mastery issue?
    Many people are both reporting they can and cannot do what we’re trying.

I’ve:

Reset my masteries
    Changed my masteries
    Deleted and reinstalled game
    Played signed in and out

Nothing works for me. I feel like Kabam isn’t doing their due diligence. So why are some people able to do it and others cannot?

Can anyone else try?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Ok for me, I have to throw a light attack immediately after the sp3, then charge the heavy. The light will whiff, but the heavy will work properly after

Ok for me, I have to throw a light attack immediately after the sp3, then charge the heavy. The light will whiff, but the heavy will work properly after

You can’t go into a heavy after the sp3? There’s a stun debuff active (parry) right?
    so I played around more with it, with quake. She is a great champ to test it with because after her sp3 she starts with a lot of distance so you dont get a boot to the face when it does not start

What I found was you cannot queue the inputs during the sp3, if you do so all you will do is run torwards the opponent. What you have to do is queue it immediately following the sp3, and even then it will take a second to start charging, I took some steps forward before it started charging. I think this is why some people "can do it", not device or talents, but specifically WHEN they do it. It will be hard to test with anything but quake because everyone else will get a boot to the face when they do it, or sinister if they are able to pull it out.

So the question I would ask first is WHEN.

Done queue during the special, queue after, and what do you see.

We know that some inputs are paused for a brief time after a special attack, like you cannot immediately throw another sp after the opponent throws a special, my best guess is that heavies fit into that category as well.

As for my mysteries, nothing special, suicides with one point in despair, defense up to 1 in coagulate, and proficiency 16 with 3 points in pacify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le2dPtotNUg&feature=youtu.be
    Lormif said:

so I played around more with it, with quake. She is a great champ to test it with because after her sp3 she starts with a lot of distance so you dont get a boot to the face when it does not start

What I found was you cannot queue the inputs during the sp3, if you do so all you will do is run torwards the opponent. What you have to do is queue it immediately following the sp3, and even then it will take a second to start charging, I took some steps forward before it started charging. I think this is why some people "can do it", not device or talents, but specifically WHEN they do it. It will be hard to test with anything but quake because everyone else will get a boot to the face when they do it, or sinister if they are able to pull it out.

We know that some inputs are paused for a brief time after a special attack, like you cannot immediately throw another sp after the opponent throws a special, my best guess is that heavies fit into that category as well.

As for my mysteries, nothing special, suicides with one point in despair, defense up to 1 in coagulate, and proficiency 16 with 3 points in pacify.

Some people are showing videos of them immediately being able to hold the heavy following the SP3.

It’s very polarized as to being able to and not. I used to be able to do it and now it’s the way it is. Kabam told me it’s fixed. It’s not.
    edited November 2019

Lormif said:

Some people are showing videos of them immediately being able to hold the heavy following the SP3.

It’s very polarized as to being able to and not. I used to be able to do it and now it’s the way it is. Kabam told me it’s fixed. It’s not.
    my original thought was that you were trying to queue the heavy during the sp3 like block or a dash, if not I appologize. if you are trying to do it after wards than I have been able to consistently do it. I failed a couple times trying to get the timing down because of the lockout, but then I had it.

How many points do you have in parry?

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

my original thought was that you were trying to queue the heavy during the sp3 like block or a dash, if not I appologize. if you are trying to do it after wards than I have been able to consistently do it. I failed a couple times trying to get the timing down because of the lockout, but then I had it.

3 in parry. But I have been playing with the masteries trying to see if it’s a mastery issue

Honestly, the fact that we’re troubleshooting and Kabam didn’t figure out the issue for the last 7 months is the bigger issue

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

3 in parry. But I have been playing with the masteries trying to see if it’s a mastery issue

Honestly, the fact that we’re troubleshooting and Kabam didn’t figure out the issue for the last 7 months is the bigger issue
    Not necessarily, this thread has morphed majorly.

I just tested it on my xs max, what is your complete talent tree, I will replicate it and test it and see if it works on my devices, if so then you can borrow someones xs max and see if you can get it to work on it. If so it may be something related to the hardware on your phone.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Not necessarily, this thread has morphed majorly.

I just tested it on my xs max, what is your complete talent tree, I will replicate it and test it and see if it works on my devices, if so then you can borrow someones xs max and see if you can get it to work on it. If so it may be something related to the hardware on your phone.
    Thanks buddy

I’m going to see if that works. I just did it on my kid’s iPad. Same result for me.

Will try my wife’s phone
    The people who can do it aren’t hitting the heavy before the SP3 activation.

Try this:

Parry and immediately charge heavy. Let Sinister release the heavy on his own. As soon as the heavy is over activate SP3 (the stun debuff should still be active)

The SP3 animation will run its course

Then - when the animation is over, immediately try and pause the debuffs by charging a heavy attack. That’s two attempts to charge a heavy attack.

Try this:

Parry and immediately charge heavy. Let Sinister release the heavy on his own. As soon as the heavy is over activate SP3 (the stun debuff should still be active)

Then - when the animation is over, immediately try and pause the debuffs by charging a heavy attack. That’s two attempts to charge a heavy attack.

Can not do it
    Lormif said:

Try this:

Can not do it
    That’s the bug
    Can’t do it with quake either unless I light first,
    Lormif said:

Can’t do it with quake either unless I light first,

I think this is good for examina the reason of the bug

It’s not a phone issue. It’s real
    It worked this way before, I don’t understand the issue here now. Can a Kabam moderator give his or her thoughts?
    edited November 2019
    Here,

In this video I can’t even pause the debuff - not finish the heavy and then when I come out of the SP3 the heavy charging is not allowed or not possible until the debuff expires. As soon as the SP3 expires I’m trying to hold a heavy and can’t until AFTER the parry expires

https://youtu.be/2Me58XwW-cg
    So here’s the issue. You can only charge a heavy one time surrounding the SP3. Before or after but only one time.

If you start charging it prior - whether it’s Quake/Sinister whoever, you can’t come out of the SP3 and charge again (even if the heavy didn’t complete and strike - just charging does this)

Kabam shut off the ability to charge a heavy attack whenever there is no Special 3 animation if you do it once.

In the case of Quake, her charging the heavy is critical. It doesn’t even have to land, charging it is important.

In the case of Sinister, he needs it to maximize the soul leech. Offensively.

So all other basic abilities, to include light and medium attacks, evades dash back and blocks can be utilized multiple times around the SP3 but a heavy charge only once?

Please fix it
  • XJonesXJones Posts: 40
    Fluffy Pig is right and is not crazy. Good detective work. It needs fixing.

My Mr. Sinister has maxed resources (time and money) and this “bug” keeps him from being able to use his heavy As Intended: his Heavy has two functions: to BOTH charge and pause buffs: if he can’t do both CHARGE and then PAUSE, then how can SP3 be as effective AS ADVERTISED.

Fix It or Rank down tickets please. I think the She-Hulk fix broke Mr. Sinister.