5* Featured Arena - what does it take to get the champ?

I saw someone mention in a thread recently that in order to get the 5* featured champ from arenas, the top grinders typically go through their 6* roster, and then just refresh 3 of them over and over and over using units.

So if my math is correct, and if a top tier 5* featured champ goes for 60M, and the average 6* champ brings in, what, 70k points... that's ~850 fights x 20 units to refresh each... that's 17k units.

Do the top arena grinders really spend 17k units to get champs? am I missing something?

Comments

• ImmortalImmortal Posts: 297
    17k units is the easy method. That method is most relaxing … and very expensive.

Otherwise, at 2 mill rating, to even grind to 65 mill + means grinding for 64-66 hours out of 72 hours.

After the grind...you feel physically sick... zombie-like … its not a good feeling.

P.S. Spending 17k units though is still cheaper than spending it on the crystals.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 294 ★★
    Immortal said:

17k units is the easy method. That method is most relaxing … and very expensive.

Otherwise, at 2 mill rating, to even grind to 65 mill + means grinding for 64-66 hours out of 72 hours.

After the grind...you feel physically sick... zombie-like … its not a good feeling.

P.S. Spending 17k units though is still cheaper than spending it on the crystals.

So grinding every 6*, 5* and 4* basically over ~4-5k?
    what do you mean over 4-5k? 4-5k units?
    4-5k champ score
    6 ★ R1 = 65K
    5 ★ R3+ = 30K
    4 ★ R5 = 11k

Immortal said:

6 ★ R1 = 65K
    5 ★ R3+ = 30K
    4 ★ R5 = 11k

Sorry - I meant the prestige score. ie. you'll get a deathmatch if you use too low a champ.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 9,507 ★★★★★
    People going for a champ hit every round they physically can, like Brian grant can hit around 50 million before spending units, and they refresh arena boosted 5 stars that are cheaper to refresh and give more points per unit used
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 552 ★★★
    Last year I tried for IMIW 4* when he came in for the first time... Grinded crazy to get to 13 mil and missed him in short margin... That's when I decided... No more going for a champ when they are announced
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,460 ★★★★
    I grinded 81.3mil for guilly 2099 and did not use this method. I could put up about 50mil in 3 days without units. I used about 7k units and 5* boosts to get the rest of the points. Even without the 5* boosts, 5* give more points per unit but you do twice the fights compared to 6*. Unless you are fine with spending a lot of units, you need a deep roster: 15+ 6* and 100+ 5* and some 4* to run with the R1 5* to have a comfortable grind to get the 5*. I overshot a bit but I knew I would get her with my score.
    what rank are the 100 5*? that's a hell of a roster
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 4,928 ★★★★★

Why yould you do arena just buy cav crystals you have pretty much 100% chance to get the champ in 9k units as a 5*. I know I always have. Plus it saves you time.

Not even remotely true. There have been many times I've dumped far more units than that and never got them
  • More units than I care to use
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★

Why yould you do arena just buy cav crystals you have pretty much 100% chance to get the champ in 9k units as a 5*. I know I always have. Plus it saves you time.

As a cav crystal you have a 1% chance to get him per crystal, at 30 crystals you are at no where near 100% chance to get him. I spent 1200 bucks on guilly 2099 before I got her as a 5* or better, even that was not a 100% chance, I got lucky.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 6,575 ★★★★★

Well then you rng definitely good I’m blow away 6k unit witout gets anything good most 3 star 3 5 star punisher kk and KM
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 398 ★★★

Wrong.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,460 ★★★★
    @Caino1023 i had 48 R1 5*, the others are about evenly spread out from R5 to R3. I have 108 total 5*.
  • It only takes the small price of your body, soul, and happiness. So quite cheap all things considered...
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 357 ★★★
    As already been said the feature arena is for vet type players in the main.

Unless u have 100+ 5* and minimum 15-20 6* then it is going to cost huge amounts. I don’t have time but run 15m in arena just using my 6* and r5/r4 5* in little over 2 days.

But doing 65m+ plus means running all 110 5* champs 3 times a day and the boosting and refreshing
    edited November 2019
    ya, you either have to pay for a deep roster in advance, or pay with units to refresh...

Took me 66 hours to grind to 71 mill. Spent about 300 units... deep roster is definitely required ...

54 6*
    144 5* r3 +
    10 r5 4*...

My 6* roster is pretty sad though. Almost all unawakened ...

Awakened ones are like ebony maw and diablo lololol