**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Corvus be taking damage to the bleeds from Caltrops

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
Taken Corvus into War and fought on one of the Caltrops nodes, thinking he'd be taking no damage from the bleeds as long as Glaive Immunity is active...surprisingly though he was indeed taking damage.

Is this intentional?

Comments

• Options
    Here we go again
  • Options
    Wayde0wilsonWayde0wilson Posts: 53
    I am having same thing, I was fighting in aq map 5 path 1 section 2 with corvus and he was taken bleed damage, even though I had 20 charges
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Taken Corvus into War and fought on one of the Caltrops nodes, thinking he'd be taking no damage from the bleeds as long as Glaive Immunity is active...surprisingly though he was indeed taking damage.

Is this intentional?

What other nodes were you fighting on? Do you have a video?
    Nah no video I'm afraid, nor was I keen on risking taking a screenshot in the middle of the fight to show the damage numbers popping up.

Caltrops was the only relevant node, I'd dash back eventually to avoid a special, thinking he'd be immune, but was surprised to see the damage pop ups start flowing up. Fortunately it didn't wind up killing me but I thought it odd.
  • Options

Here we go again

??

Has someone raised this before, or is it a "Kabam has broken something again" thing?
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Here we go again

??

Has someone raised this before, or is it a "Kabam has broken something again" thing?
    Do you know how many people complain about these kinds of things in alliance war? Lol. We'll help you figure out what happened though.
    LOL all good. I don't play high-tier war and don't generally hit bugs like this - if it is indeed a bug. I'm just glad it didn't cost me the fight
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Is this intentional?

What other nodes were you fighting on? Do you have a video?
    Nah no video I'm afraid, nor was I keen on risking taking a screenshot in the middle of the fight to show the damage numbers popping up.

Caltrops was the only relevant node, I'd dash back eventually to avoid a special, thinking he'd be immune, but was surprised to see the damage pop ups start flowing up. Fortunately it didn't wind up killing me but I thought it odd.
    What node number was this?
    Node 38. Centre-right path (#6), last node in the second section. Tier 8
  • Options
    Just fought an Iceman in the same War and he was correctly not taking damage from Coldsnap...
  • Options
    AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    Could it be from deep wounds mastery from opponent? Just a hypothesis. But anytime you would dash back and bleed proc you would take direct damage from the mastery since opponent starts with more health than you do. Not necessarily bleed damage but direct damage due to bleed activating.
  • Options

Could it be from deep wounds mastery from opponent? Just a hypothesis. But anytime you would dash back and bleed proc you would take direct damage from the mastery since opponent starts with more health than you do. Not necessarily bleed damage but direct damage due to bleed activating.

Possibly - but I'm fairly certain that DOT floating numbers were continuing after it had procced
  • Options
    AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    @PantherusNZ ok. Just throwing an idea out there most people wouldn’t think of. If it was constantly ticking down then I would assume a bug. Least you didn’t die.
  • Options

@PantherusNZ ok. Just throwing an idea out there most people wouldn’t think of. If it was constantly ticking down then I would assume a bug. Least you didn’t die.

Oh for sure mate, not discrediting your idea at all, and I freely admit I was putting most focus on the fight itself as I'd already died once and wasn't keen to repeat it this war :smile:
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    And who were you fighting against on that particular caltrops node that you had a problem with?
  • Options

And who were you fighting against on that particular caltrops node that you had a problem with?

Good point. Red Hulk. I considered that it was his incinerate followup damage but I'm pretty sure damage was flashing up when he wasn't hitting me
  • Options
    Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Probably the incinerate damage from Red Hulk I’d say
  • Options
    CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    edited November 2019
    @Wayde0wilson

I'm assuming you are leaving out the information that you were fighting against Void. In which case you weren't talking bleed damage, you were taking damage from Void's Intimidating Presence. I.e. he causes additional damage for every debuff of you.
  • Options

Probably the incinerate damage from Red Hulk I’d say

Yep that did occur to me after someone asked but I'm fairly sure the damage numbers were flashing up when he wasn't attacking into me. I need to try and replicate it to be sure.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★

This is a good theory.

Remember: Corvus isn't actually immune to bleed. He takes no damage from bleed debuffs.
    He does take bleed damage in other forms; so Nightcrawler's Deep Wounds works fine against him; as do Goldpool's passive bleeds.

The Deep Wounds Mastery where you lose % health is certainly a possible explanation.

On the other hand, it may be a bug; as there's another post here about Corvus bleeding in Map 5: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/165185/corvus-taking-bleed-damage