**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fantastic and Doom Invasions! (Updated Nov 4th)

Comments

• Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★
    This is such fantastic news! A big thank you. I’m excited to jump in and make sure I don’t miss a day playing the side quests now.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Just popping in to say kudos to the Kabam team for updating the rewards, it was desperately needed. Also, while you're in there examining rewards, maybe take a look at UC rewards which have also gotten stale. Thanks!
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Kudos to kabam for this response to player feedback
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Ok this really puts a smile on my face.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

Even so with the rewards being slightly buffed i still aint doing the side quest. I like to spend less time on the game rather then spend more of it. I already am bored as it is and this aint gonna make me go unbored

Just stop playing then. Find something you like to do more. Why are you complaining over here likes it's Kabam's responsibility to entertain you.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    Really really nice Kabam. Thank you.
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    (Part of me thinking that this leads to a new era that rank 4 5* will be the norm and rank 3 6* will be new height.).
  • Wayde0wilsonWayde0wilson Posts: 53
    Thanks kabam, now I will do them( or atleast try to, if they aren't hard),I do have one question and I read the description but wasn't able to understand that are there any champ requirements?
  • NoobGamingNoobGaming Posts: 4
    Thanks kabam for the good rewards!
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 383 ★★
    Could anyone calculate the total rewards? 😄
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    Awesome update to the rewards! Thank you for listening to us. I can confirm that the excitement needle has in fact moved and that the rewards definitely seem worth the time and effort now. Again, THANKS!
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Very pleasantly surprised by these upgraded rewards ! Credit where it's due, this type of decision will help restore faith in you Kabam, no doubt about that. First step in the right direction ? Hopefully :)
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    Ya done good.👍
  • cowgirlup80cowgirlup80 Posts: 111
    Thanks for the update Kabam. It's very much appreciated. If you could tone down the energy use a little bit, that would make this side quest stellar. Thanks again.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Im sorry if I missed it but am I locked to a side for the event and unable to switch?

Im sitting on 12 T2A and really unsure what to do because more 5* shards might snag me someone worthy of the T2A I already have but more T2A helps broaden the roster for variants/5.3 onwards etc.
    edited November 2019

Im sorry if I missed it but am I locked to a side for the event and unable to switch?

Im sitting on 12 T2A and really unsure what to do because more 5* shards might snag me someone worthy of the T2A I already have but more T2A helps broaden the roster for variants/5.3 onwards etc.

You don't technically "get to choose" which sides you are on. They alternate daily. So you will be on Fantastic 4's side one day and the Dr. Doom the next, which means you will get to earn both rewards.
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    Thanks KABAM!
    This is great news. The first time in a while the side quest is interesting and seems worth the effort. Thanks for listening.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    edited November 2019
    Great quests this month I see:-)
  • Now that I've seen the difficulty level of the invasions, I think it was definitely a good idea to bump the rewards. They would have been wildly too low. At the current levels, about triple what they were initially, the event is probably a bit generous, but not outside the range of reasonable rewards. Anything between two and three times the original rewards would have probably been fine.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Nodes are heavy but quest doable. All depends of choosing right champs to the right nodes.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Now that I've seen the difficulty level of the invasions, I think it was definitely a good idea to bump the rewards. They would have been wildly too low. At the current levels, about triple what they were initially, the event is probably a bit generous, but not outside the range of reasonable rewards. Anything between two and three times the original rewards would have probably been fine.

Yeah I think this sums it up very well. I wish it was 0 energy because I'll need it for act 6.3 next week but the increase in rewards definitely make it worth it.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★

You don't technically "get to choose" which sides you are on. They alternate daily. So you will be on Fantastic 4's side one day and the Dr. Doom the next, which means you will get to earn both rewards.
    Thanks!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    To add on my above comment,

I believe doing the following will alleviate the “tedious-ness” of this event.

- Instead of 3 Paths, remove 1 and have 2 paths.
    - Remove 1-2 fights per path.
    - Keep one path as it is now (for example, the rightmost path).
    - On the other path, have an incoming node from the boss that boosts attack / health and additional nodes (in essence it’s combining the removed path with the remaining one).
    - Increase the energy consumption to 2 per tile (keeping the total energy use constant, if that’s a concern)

This way, players with less stacked rosters can go for completion and get some rewards, while end game players can enjoy the challenge of relatively harder content, but without the tediousness of it (which takes away the fun).
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

- On the other path, have an incoming node from the boss that boosts attack / health and additional nodes (in essence it’s combining the removed path with the remaining one).
    - Increase the energy consumption to 2 per tile (keeping the total energy use constant, if that’s a concern)

This way, players with less stacked rosters can go for completion and get some rewards, while end game players can enjoy the challenge of relatively harder content, but without the tediousness of it (which takes away the fun).

Agreed. Last good non-tedious side-event was probably Nick Fury's intel. After that, they have been relentless in pushing long boring slogs as side events.
    On the plus side maybe this will help us rack up fights faster through the month...? Not that the community wide event is all that rewarding.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Haji_Saab said:

xNig said:

Agreed. Last good non-tedious side-event was probably Nick Fury's intel. After that, they have been relentless in pushing long boring slogs as side events.
    On the plus side maybe this will help us rack up fights faster through the month...? Not that the community wide event is all that rewarding.
    I’m sure the community event milestones aren’t a big concern. As what Miike already mentioned, 250m is what the community does in a slow week.