**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Petrify debuff not stopping Doom's Aura of Haazareth

EzioAuditorrreEzioAuditorrre Posts: 31
edited November 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I tried using Shehulk's petrify debuff from SP2 to stop Doom's Aura from activating, it does not seem to be working. I haven't tried using petrify from other champs yet.
Shehulk's slow debuff works perfectly to stop the Aura from activating.
Can one of the devs comment on this interaction please.
Included a video below.

https://youtu.be/nASNNGY7Wf4

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019

I tried using Shehulk's petrify debuff from SP2 to stop Doom's Aura from activating, it does not seem to be working. I haven't tried using petrify from other champs yet.
    Included a video below.

According to the spotlight it does not stop it from activating, it reduces the potency by 115%, which means it will turn it into a very minor dot and power drain.

100% chance to Petrify the opponent, reducing the Potency of Power Gain and Regeneration effects by 115% for 15 seconds.

Lormif said:

Included a video below.

According to the spotlight it does not stop it from activating, it reduces the potency by 115%, which means it will turn it into a very minor dot and power drain.

100% chance to Petrify the opponent, reducing the Potency of Power Gain and Regeneration effects by 115% for 15 seconds.
    Bro, its Dr doom's spotlight that says aura of haazereth will not trigger when under a slow or petrify debuff lol
    not everyone has read dooms spotlight that thoughtfully, my mistake.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Included a video below.

I agree that this seems to be a bug, and i think this was a bug that kabam could have easily tested for and prevented.
    Or use thing against dr doom, thing literally counters every single ability dr doom has hahaha
    edited November 2019

Or use thing against dr doom, thing literally counters every single ability dr doom has hahaha

Except incinerate from SP2.

Void is another excellent counter, who inflicts Petrify and is incinerate-immune. Not shock-immune, though...
    true, minus the incinerate haha. And as the OP pointed out, petrify doesn't work as intended yet, so will have to see how fast it gets fixed haha.
    Enough, lormif at least admitted his fault. Lets not bring any more negativity to this thread or otherwise this thread which is legit gets shut down and the issue remains unresolved.
  • Hey there, we passed this along to the rest of the team to look at.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

Hey there, we passed this along to the rest of the team to look at.

Just FYI, I tried Void this morning in Duels; and he seemed to be working fine then.

For the players (@Championcritic @Lormif) just to let you know: whilst the Petrify debuffs did work, FOTV doesn't work even though it has the 'properties' of a Petrify debuff.

Just FYI, I tried Void this morning in Duels; and he seemed to be working fine then.

For the players (@Championcritic @Lormif) just to let you know: whilst the Petrify debuffs did work, FOTV doesn't work even though it has the 'properties' of a Petrify debuff.
    at the risk of being incorrect again in the same thread, that is probably intentional. FOTV has the effects of it, but it is a different debuff all together. It will probably require the debuff named petrify, just like passive/active effects.
    edited November 2019

Hmm, tested with void too, weird that his petrify manages to stop the aura as intended but she-hulk petrify does not. As for FOTV, i agree with @Lormif and i expected it to not stop aura cause even though FOTV has the properties of petrify, it is still not by definition a petrify debuff.
  • Hey there, we passed this along to the rest of the team to look at.

Hmm, tested with void too, weird that his petrify manages to stop the aura as intended but she-hulk petrify does not. As for FOTV, i agree with @Lormif and i expected it to not stop aura cause even though FOTV has the properties of petrify, it is still not by definition a petrify debuff.
    Was Void's slow debuff on Doom as well when you tested it. Because let's say when he has slow and petrify both on him, you don't exactly know which debuff stopped it from activating.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Was Void's slow debuff on Doom as well when you tested it. Because let's say when he has slow and petrify both on him, you don't exactly know which debuff stopped it from activating.
    Well, technically speaking it is an Agility debuff (so same effect as Slow minus reduced Unstoppable), but it has the same icon as Slow.
  • The team pushed out a fix that should resolve this issue. You may want to restart your game if you have not already though.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    Still not working for me, using a max sig Cap IW with a tech on the team and he has petrify applied, but still activates the aura
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Yeah doesnt seem to work with cap but worked with void. I'll upload some vids in a minute
    https://youtu.be/DS5McXZ8ao4

https://youtu.be/jSY6ysMHvZU

He doesnt get it with void until FotV clears the petrify
  • The team pushed out a fix that should resolve this issue. You may want to restart your game if you have not already though.

Yup, it is working perfectly right now with Shehulk's SP2 petrify, haven't tried it with Cap IW yet, but will do soon.
    Thank you so much.

The team pushed out a fix that should resolve this issue. You may want to restart your game if you have not already though.

Yup, it is working perfectly right now with Shehulk's SP2 petrify, haven't tried it with Cap IW yet, but will do soon.
    Thank you so much.
    Still doesnt work with cap. Those vids were made after their post and after re starting the game
  • https://youtu.be/DS5McXZ8ao4

https://youtu.be/jSY6ysMHvZU

He doesnt get it with void until FotV clears the petrify

We'll let the team know so they can take a look.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    While doing eq I played against him with caiw has a petrify on him but was still getting countered when using caps heavy attack. Is this intended? I read through the abilities and it appears that should only happen while his aura is active but aura should not be active with a petrify right?
  • DecksieDecksie Posts: 33
    I’ve just tried using CapIW in the EQ and his petrify isn’t stopping the aura from activating.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

The team pushed out a fix that should resolve this issue. You may want to restart your game if you have not already though.

Still gaining the aura with CapIW petrify debuffs on him
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Beardo's Petrify isn't stopping the Aura on the final DOOM boss for me either.
  • I just checked as well, Cap IW's petrify not stopping the Aura.
    Agentk said:

Will there be compensation for this can’t get epic 100% on my mini because of this

Its not like you absolutely need the petrify/slow method to beat dr doom lol. With normal attackers you just gotta wait out the aura.
  • chaos_bruhchaos_bruh Posts: 181
    Is the Bug Fixed With CAIW and Doom's Aura ?? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit