**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rulk

CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
Just pulled a rulk , he is in my team for sure as I have a domino, but still I wanted to know how good he is without any synergy, any idea?

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Rulk doesn’t need synergy, the synergy trio is mostly for domino, massacre becomes easier to use and rulk gets a slight boost, but nothing major
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Rulk doesn’t need synergy, the synergy trio is mostly for domino, massacre becomes easier to use and rulk gets a slight boost, but nothing major

Rhulk is pretty nice with She-Hulk though.
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    @Colonaut123
    It is not physical damage.
    His attacks do physical damage as well as energy damage. The heat charges increase the power of the energy damage.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    He's especially great against mystics
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

@Colonaut123
    It is not physical damage.
    His attacks do physical damage as well as energy damage. The heat charges increase the power of the energy damage.

@XxLoganTDCxX
    No, that changed with his buff.
  • Options
    DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    That is strange that they made it physical and not energy damage. It even shows in red like energy damage usually does. I guess it would not effect his damage output to much just depends on resistance certain champs have to what damage (physical vs energy)
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DarthHaas said:

That is strange that they made it physical and not energy damage. It even shows in red like energy damage usually does. I guess it would not effect his damage output to much just depends on resistance certain champs have to what damage (physical vs energy)

I think red just means direct damage
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bleed isn't and dont think degen is energy damage either.
  • Options
    Thnx guys for such a great response
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    @Worknprogress Those are DOTs or Damage over Time
  • Options
    DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    @Hellow Thanks! makes sense now!
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Rulk is decent, especially vs mystics and opponents with energy based attacks like havok. He's also great for that new freez burn node.

The bad part is only sp1 has some use, sp2 and sp3 are disappointing. May want to throw sp2 by the end of the fight to heal block damage, but it means longer fight instead of using sp2 twice, wich boosts damage and makes block damage lower. I use my r2 6* rulk for almost everything and happy so far. No high rank domino
  • Options
    Aleor said:

Rulk is decent, especially vs mystics and opponents with energy based attacks like havok. He's also great for that new freez burn node.

The bad part is only sp1 has some use, sp2 and sp3 are disappointing. May want to throw sp2 by the end of the fight to heal block damage, but it means longer fight instead of using sp2 twice, wich boosts damage and makes block damage lower. I use my r2 6* rulk for almost everything and happy so far. No high rank domino

Thnx