**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hey Kabam, how about a simple in-game e-mail heads-up next time?

How the extended emergency maintenance affected me (& others, surely):
- 2 Arena streaks lost
- AW unfairly won (not a complaint from me but surely a complaint our opponent is entitled to)
- loads of expiring items lost before I had a chance to sell
- quest energy wasted
- alliance and solo objectives ended while under maintenance before well could hit next milestone
- lost progress in quests

Other ways the emergency maintenance affected others:
- AW not started in time
- Pots/Revs/Boosts wasted
- many other ways, I'm sure

The issue that sparked the emergency maintenance is small compared to what we players have lost as a result.

A simple in-game notice1-hour in advance would have enabled a good deal of players to prep against all of these issues. You wouldn't be dealing with all this vitriol & cries for compensation.

A simple in-game e-mail 1-hour in advance would enable players & officers to:
- use up quest & AW/AQ energy & wrap up paths so progress not lost
- move in AW/AQ now rather than later, take out boss where possible now rather than later resulting in fewer unfair wins/losses
- wrap up arena matches so streaks aren't lost
- sell items before they expire
- push to hit 1 more milestone in time
- start AW
- save Pots/Revs/Boosts for when they can be used

It's not all about me. I'm just using myself as an example of what many players have lost.

I'm looking at my in-game e-mail history and there's nothing there nearly as important as a maintenance warning would have been.

Comments

• I’m sure they’re aware of the effects this has had on people, and I’m sorry it hit you and many others as it did. An email would‘ve been nice, but due to the pressing nature of these issues, I’m positive it was a better move to shut down ASAP without warning as to mitigate the damage players could do to themselves
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Fights suddenly started not counting as complete all over the place. How could players have completed their started progress if the fights didn’t count?

I got stuck in the epic daily at the Annihilus boss. Beat him and he didn’t count, then i got disconnects every time i tried to enter and try again.

You can’t give a heads up on emergency maintenance. That’s why it’s called an emergency :smile:
  • AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★

It was an emergency maintenance due to a bug where arena fights wouldn't register and in all quests, it would make you redo the fight over and over. We are all flustered about it. There are alot of posts and a giant merged thread about the problem. Emergency maintenance can't really warrant a 'warning'

Exactly. They handled this emergency maintenance in an extremely professional way. To ask for a warning is just being unrealistic
    If they gave us a warning, we'd have an hour if garbage fights and resets anyways. We weren't able to make progress because of the bugs so making us play with it and delaying the repair would be stupid lol
  • OzymandasOzymandas Posts: 80
    Don't know why my experience was different than others', but it was.

I 100% the Fantastic side quest, no issue. Then I took down a mini in AW. I was back on the map and had to fight him again. (I attribute this to the bug.) I did, then I progressed to boss & took him out. AW complete. Then I grinded arena for about an hour with no issues. Had lunch, opened game again, found it was down. It was down for about 8 hours, I was back in 12, and that's when I tried arena and streaks were lost.

I'm on iOs if that makes a difference.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

It was an emergency maintenance due to a bug where arena fights wouldn't register and in all quests, it would make you redo the fight over and over. We are all flustered about it. There are alot of posts and a giant merged thread about the problem. Emergency maintenance can't really warrant a 'warning'

Exactly. They handled this emergency maintenance in an extremely professional way. To ask for a warning is just being unrealistic
    If they gave us a warning, we'd have an hour if garbage fights and resets anyways. We weren't able to make progress because of the bugs so making us play with it and delaying the repair would be stupid lol
    How do you expect them to warn you about something they don't expect to happen? Just like how a fire in your house won't tell you "hey bro, I'm going to set your house on fire in an hour, faster take your valuables and evacuate".

How do you expect them to warn you about something they don't expect to happen? Just like how a fire in your house won't tell you "hey bro, I'm going to set your house on fire in an hour, faster take your valuables and evacuate".

Of course I'm not suggesting a warning before there's an issue (your fire), but a warning before taking game down for maintenance. To use your analogy, give me a chance to leave the burning building before blasting me in the face with a firehose.

• Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    The glitches started a little after 6 they brought the game into emergency maintenance before 7
    The only way they could have sent out a 1 hour warning is with a fortune teller.

The glitches started a little after 6 they brought the game into emergency maintenance before 7
    The only way they could have sent out a 1 hour warning is with a fortune teller.

No, it was first brought down around noon EST. It was back up for some period before it was brought down again.

And what did it solve? Arena still unplayable. Streak still lost.

You're argument is that Kabam can't give a warning because they don't know they're going to shut down their game?

Besides in-game e-mail they have the ability to warn players in-game with a pop-up message, an orange banner message at the bottom of the screen & other ways, I'm sure. Maybe an hour isn't feasible but even 30 minutes or whatever would be better than what we got: 0.

Something to the tune of "ATTENTION SUMMONERS: EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE WILL COMMENCE IN APPROXIMATELY 30 MINUTES DUE TO UNFORESEEN ISSUES. DURATION UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. GAME DATA MAY BE LOST SO ACT ACCORDINGLY".

That's all I'm suggesting. This is what most online games do and it doesn't take a whole lot of effort.
  • So you wanted them to leave the game up and running (but not playable for the most part) for an additional period of time before they brought it down ?

Just on the off-chance that maybe someone might be lucky and be able to do something in a broken game before leaving ?

And I’d like my electric company to send me mail in advance of a downed wire causing my electric to go out too, lol.
    They shut it down as soon as they realised how big the problems were because people were wasting revives and other resources and they wanted to stop that happening as soon as possible.

And no the game didn’t go down until almost 7 GMT. The glitches didn’t start until the daily mission refreshed at 6 GMT.

• PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    You do realize how unrealistic your request is right?

They shut it down as soon as they realised how big the problems were because people were wasting revives and other resources and they wanted to stop that happening as soon as possible.

And no the game didn’t go down until almost 7 GMT. The glitches didn’t start until the daily mission refreshed at 6 GMT.

If you saw the message "ATTENTION SUMMONERS: EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE WILL COMMENCE IN APPROXIMATELY 30 MINUTES DUE TO UNFORESEEN ISSUES. DURATION UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. GAME DATA MAY BE LOST SO ACT ACCORDINGLY" in-game, wouldn't you stop using revives & other resources?

And 7:00 GMT is 2:00 ET, btw
  • Neon_BlakkNeon_Blakk Posts: 12
    True dat. Respect. Chillin like a villian mofos.
    Yes I know the time zone difference that’s why I said you’re wrong the game didn’t go down anywhere near noon EST and there are plenty of screenshots from players to prove it. I was running the arena right up until 1pm EST and running the daily event after that.

And yes I’m sure plenty of players in a close war or AQ would think it was worth risking a few glitches to try and steal a few more points if a warning like that came up. Which would mean they lost more to the glitch and complained more, as well as giving them an unfair advantage over people who listened to the warning. All in all it makes much more sense to just shut down the game.

You’re request is unrealistic and would cause more problems than it would solve.
    Lots of things you guys don't seem to get:

1) This isn't a complaint thread. I'm offering a partial solution for NEXT TIME. As I point out in the thread title. Because there will be a next time just as sure as there have been past times. If I wanted to complain I'd be harping on consolation.

2) Of course I don't expect a warning before the game has an issue. I expect a warning before the game is shut down. Because for me, and I can't be the only one, I didn't have the same problems you did. And if I'm missing what you're saying, I've got to say, your analogies are way off.

3) Everybody didn't experience the same issues. Whether it's due to the device used, which device update you're on, what time you entered arena - I don't know. So while YOU may not have been able to do much with an advance notice, others would have.

And that's about all I have to say on this. Cheers, lads.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Personally I’m said ther done a good job why keep the game in a unplayable state it can cost revies you probably didn’t get back because of that.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

Could you please warn us all one hour in advance the next time you're going to post another thread like this ? So that we can prepare for a good laugh. Thanks.

More like if could he warn us one hour in advance before making a post like this, so that we know we are going to lose 30 seconds of our lives reading utter nonsense.
  • jcville_chojcville_cho Posts: 23
    Um. It's called "emergency" for a reason.
  • If they gave everyone a warning when they realised that the game was having issues without immediately shutting it down it would have given others like you (who wasnt having game issues) a chance to have an advantage over people like me (who was having significant issues with the whole game). It was in everyone's best interest that it was closed for maintenance immediatly. What your saying is that the flooding building should not been evacuated immediatly because some could swim and others couldn't??? Unfair. I think they handled it accordingly.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited November 2019
    How about kabam just fixes 5HIT before they release new content next time. You would think a bizzillion dollar company should be able to do that. This is all bush league ****
  • Ozymandas said:

Lots of things you guys don't seem to get:

1) This isn't a complaint thread. I'm offering a partial solution for NEXT TIME. As I point out in the thread title. Because there will be a next time just as sure as there have been past times. If I wanted to complain I'd be harping on consolation.

2) Of course I don't expect a warning before the game has an issue. I expect a warning before the game is shut down. Because for me, and I can't be the only one, I didn't have the same problems you did. And if I'm missing what you're saying, I've got to say, your analogies are way off.

3) Everybody didn't experience the same issues. Whether it's due to the device used, which device update you're on, what time you entered arena - I don't know. So while YOU may not have been able to do much with an advance notice, others would have.

And that's about all I have to say on this. Cheers, lads.

You realize they NEVER give a warning about emergency down times right?....
  • There isn't really a way to predict Emergency Maintenance, hence the word 'emergency'. We are always truly sorry whenever we have to jump into it, but at times we don't have a choice and it needs to happen right then. We will at times post something here, but we realize that doesn't help folks who don't check the forums often and therefore that message pops up in-game saying we're in Emergency Maintenance.

I totally get how frustrating this can be, but there isn't really any way to actually predict when these moments are going to happen.
This discussion has been closed.