**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are 6 star Champs Over hyped/ over rated

I think 6 star Champions are over rated considering the fact that a 5 star sig 200 is out performing them.

Let's face it to have a champ as 6 star and sig 200 you need to be a whale. A blue whale. Thoughts ....?

Comments

• Options
    Sure, most unawakened rank1 6-stars are not going to be as good as many rank 4 sig200 5-star. Just like how most unawakened rank3 5-stars aren't as good as many 5/50 sig99 4-stars. However, the 6-stars generally have higher ceilings of you can grind the materials to rank one up.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It depends on the champ, people know pulling a 5* aegon is going to have more immediate use than a 6*, but I’d rather have a 6* venom to a 5* venom at r4/r1
  • Options
    Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    6* champs are as good as 5* champs right now and they’re an investment for the future.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    It really varies based on the specific champ and their reliance on their sig ability and sig level
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I think 6 star Champions are over rated considering the fact that a 5 star sig 200 is out performing them.

Let's face it to have a champ as 6 star and sig 200 you need to be a whale. A blue whale. Thoughts ....?

why do you need a sig 200, a lot of champs such as corvus does not even need to be awakened, and only few really need a sig 200. Most of the reasons people sig out to 200 is for prestige. As for if they are overrated, no. A 6* rank 1 is roughly equivalent to a 5* rank 4, but without needing to rank them to rank 4. It is therefore easier if you get a god tier 6* to take him to a usable state in endgame. A rank 2 6* is roughly equiv to a rank 5 5*, with people starting to get close to ranking to r3 their 6*s they will be seen as the future.
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Nope that adrenaline mechanic is a life saver
  • Options

Sure, most unawakened rank1 6-stars are not going to be as good as many rank 4 sig200 5-star. Just like how most unawakened rank3 5-stars aren't as good as many 5/50 sig99 4-stars. However, the 6-stars generally have higher ceilings of you can grind the materials to rank one up.

Agree. But in the current state of game most champs we get from 6* crystals are trash. The one that is a God Tier for eg Ghost, Thing, Aegon, Void, Omega etc. Most of them need a very high sig to be as effective as their 5 star version. As a budgeted spender I don't see my self having a sig 100+ 6 star anytime soon.

I have lost the excitement of opening 6 stars, that too after a month's wait. Just my point of view.
    Only 5 god tier champs need a high sig level, OR, namor, aegon, void and caiw, the other 12 either just need to be awakened, or can work without being awakened at all.
  • Options
    Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    Depends on the champ, i would be happy to find a 6* that is good unduped or at low sig ability, i would be not so happy to find a 6* that needs high sig ability. I would be so sad to find a trash champ, such as my last 6* crystal, where i found magneto. However, i have 3 6* that i almost constantly use: VTD, Ghulk and duped gamora. I can't really say that all 6* champs are ovverrated, some of them are pretty good right now
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

When you say 6* champs are over rated, how rated do you think they are now?

Not sure if your trying to Mock or being funny. :/ Either way go Kick Rocks if you got nothing to do with the post. SMH

That's a pretty defensive response to a valid question. When you say 6* champs are over rated, you are asserting that everyone else is valuing them higher than they are supposed to. But it is worth asking the question whether your guess as to how valuable everyone else thinks they are is actually correct.

For example, I consider them valuable, but only to a point. They are excellent arena fodder. They are a great way to get a champ immediately at rank 4, which is great for defensive placement and for mid-tier attacking champs. They are not as good as 5* champs when it comes to champs that need to be awakened or have high sig, because it is far harder to do that with 6* champs than 5* champs. They are also much more expensive to rank up. And I think my opinion is near the median opinion of most higher level progress players. I don't find that to be overvaluing the champs.

I don't see a lot of people saying that 6* champs are overwhelmingly better than 5* champs, except in one scenario: where the player already has an excellent 5* roster and they have the ability to get a lot of rank up resources, and are primarily ranking them up for the future. Which is a reasonable option for players at that high level of progress and resource earning.

The very few saying that 6* champs make 5* champs obsolete seem to be the marginal exception, and not the rule. So overall, I don't think 6* champs are overvalued by the playerbase. I think they are valued about as much as they should be.
    I will question your statement about ranking up, to get to rank 2 is cheaper than to take a 5* from 1-5 which is equivalent.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

Facts
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    It really depends on the champ. My 6* symbiote supreme does everything I need him too plus he isn’t tapped out yet after pumping my resources into him. For example if I had chosen to ru my 5* ss once I have the resources for r3 6* ss the 2 I would have used on a 5* ss would basically be lost in the sense of that champ getting any stronger. It really truely depends on the champ and how reliant they are on there signature ability and signature levels.

In short if you have a good 6* take them up. If not wait til you do and keep ranking up the champs that will help you get there
  • Options
    Lormif said:

I will question your statement about ranking up, to get to rank 2 is cheaper than to take a 5* from 1-5 which is equivalent.

I should not have said "expensive." The rank 1->2 upgrade for 6* champions requires fewer T5B than the rank up for 4->5 for 5* champs, and that can often be the constraint that limits the total number of rank 5/rank 2 champs you can have. If you have a lot of them, splurging on a rank 2 isn't a big opportunity cost. But if you don't have many, funneling T5B into rank 2s can end up costing you in having fewer rank 5/2 champs overall, which is a near term bottleneck to roster strength.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

I should not have said "expensive." The rank 1->2 upgrade for 6* champions requires fewer T5B than the rank up for 4->5 for 5* champs, and that can often be the constraint that limits the total number of rank 5/rank 2 champs you can have. If you have a lot of them, splurging on a rank 2 isn't a big opportunity cost. But if you don't have many, funneling T5B into rank 2s can end up costing you in having fewer rank 5/2 champs overall, which is a near term bottleneck to roster strength.
    @DNA3000 your arguing with someone who said Most champs dont need dupe to be good
    I wasn't arguing: I accept his claim that I erred in saying the rank up costs were more expensive. That's not strictly speaking correct, so that's a fair criticism. I should have said the rank up costs for 6* champs include more of a resource more likely to be a bottleneck for top-end rank ups.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

@DNA3000 your arguing with someone who said Most champs dont need dupe to be good
    Except I never made that claim, I stated most GOD TIERs dont need to be at MAX SIGNATURE LEVEL to be good. If you cannot read please just top. I explicitly stated that the others need just be duped or nothing at all.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

John757 said:

Facts

I get it, I'm Guilty. The threads ain't for people with 12+ five star R5s. The way we look at the game is way too different. And yes we are a minority.

But everyone is correct in their prospective.
    I retract my meme and now believe the worst posts ever belong to the guy who keeps posting asking if specific characters should be in the game and makes a poll for it. He wins worst posts ever
  • Options
    John757 said:

John757 said:

Facts

I get it, I'm Guilty. The threads ain't for people with 12+ five star R5s. The way we look at the game is way too different. And yes we are a minority.

I retract my meme and now believe the worst posts ever belong to the guy who keeps posting asking if specific characters should be in the game and makes a poll for it. He wins worst posts ever
    I'll take a dozen of him over the "Uncollected is a cash grab because I can't beat it eight minutes after its been released" guys.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

John757 said:

John757 said:

Facts

I'll take a dozen of him over the "Uncollected is a cash grab because I can't beat it eight minutes after its been released" guys.
    I'll take a dozen of that then the "Why is spiderman still evading venom on a buffet path" guy
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    It really depends. A 6* R2 sig 1 Sentinel, Proxima, Nick Fury will do much more for you than a 5* sig 200 version of these champions. Mainly due to the adrenaline mechanic.
  • Options
    FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    My 6* duped R2 Domino disagrees 😂
  • Options
    Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    edited November 2019
    I will take maxed out 6* Iron Patriot over any 5* champs any day any where.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yeah idk man, my 6* 2/35 Captain Marvel seems pretty deserving of her hype... 👀