**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Removal of Thorns: a new case for rank down tickets

We have been told several times that we will only see rank down tickets in the event that a champion's effectiveness or abilities are diminished.

I ranked my 5* Ant-Man to r4 and has been a complete monster at thorns. In fact, it's why I ranked him up. He's otherwise a mostly average champion who I would be hard pressed to take to r3. With that said, the terms of your commitment to consider rank down tickets are met. By taking thorns out of aw, I now have a rather useless r4 and would love to take him down in order to have enough for the new 5* coming on board. I ask that you strongly consider this as there are other Champions that lose significant value because of this

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Changes to the Champ. Not a Node.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Lol that one is on you.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Changes to the Champ. Not a Node.

Basically, this.
    No point in giving RDT since there weren't made any changes to a champion or a class
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    *rank down tickets
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Crossbones is now getting kicked off my aw team. I bring him mostly for thorns and will fight electro with him if he's on poison but not anymore since no more thorns
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    Perhaps champion specific rank down tickets could be argued now, BW, Antman, colossus, luke cage and elektra are all champs I've seen people rank up for the sole purpose of being placed on thorns or taking on thorns nodes so I can see people being kinda salty since a lot of those champions aren't exactly top tier

RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Can you show where you have been told several times "that we will only see rank down tickets in the event that a champion's effectiveness or abilities are diminished."?

All I can find is stuff that relates to changes of the actual champions. Stuff like

"They are only for when a Character is adjusted to no longer perform the way they once did."
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/86120#Comment_86120

"Rank-Down tickets were only created for instances where we made changes to specific Champions, and would only ever be used in that manner again. "
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/93941#Comment_93941
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    Perhaps champion specific rank down tickets could be argued now, BW, Antman, colossus, luke cage and elektra are all champs I've seen people rank up for the sole purpose of being placed on thorns or taking on thorns nodes so I can see people being kinda salty since a lot of those champions aren't exactly top tier

Just ranked up Falcon for this reason..
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    swazi2015 wrote: »
    There should be a strong case also for having permanent RDTs available. Every player has a different style of playing, so why not always have RDTs available to rank up or rank down your hard earned champs at will?

It'll never happen. That's a game breaking change. Resources are rare and you need to rank up champs strategically. Having RDT available at will invalidates all of that. You could easily rank for prestige during AQ and rank down for quests/AW. It would throw the game out of balance and would invalidate the entire resource system.
  • While I am against rank down tickets in almost every scenario, the original post does have a point. If they had some kind of targeted rank down ticket option for champions that really shine on those nodes I'd probably agree it would be a good idea.

Tbh I am close to taking antman to rank 3 for the same reason, thorns aw defense
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93
    Gimli_SoG wrote: »
    While I am against rank down tickets in almost every scenario, the original post does have a point. If they had some kind of targeted rank down ticket option for champions that really shine on those nodes I'd probably agree it would be a good idea.

Tbh I am close to taking antman to rank 3 for the same reason, thorns aw defense

There was a time he was getting double digit kills. He's still usually getting 3-6 most wars. If thorns weren't around, there is no way I would have done this. I could live with him at r3, but would much rather have an r4 Hulk at this stage
  • JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    I agree with you, but mike also stated that there will be more poison type nodes, so he may still be useful
  • KevinFF1961KevinFF1961 Posts: 93
    I got poisoned by him once. I dropped my phone and he caught me. Enhanced poison is good for abomination and Green goblin
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I agree with you, but mike also stated that there will be more poison type nodes, so he may still be useful

Absolutely not. His poison dmg will heal people with willpower normally, so it's not going to be much better with 40% buff. Definitely not worth using there. He may still be viable on degeneration nodes I guess since he still takes awhile if you bring wrong champ, but I don't see how 3 RDTs would kill them at this point.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Hey! My 4*40 AM does like 17 damage a tick! ;) In AW, that would be like 28!!! Or some other easily ignorable #, since he has a hard time stacking Fatigue anyway
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    Nope. Enjoy your decision to take ant man to r4. I have a duped magneto who is also supposedly a "monster" on thorns. I never took him up bc I'm smart about t2a use... besides, no one believes you took up an ant man for thorns. That may be where you place him. You took him up bc your ally required you to r4 a 5* champ for prestige and he was your only duped champ. Now that you have better champs and got the benefit of the higher aq rewards, you want to undo that choice. Sorry. No dice. Ranks won't tickers should never have been available for 5* champs imo. Only 4* champs like witch, Thor, wolverine, strange--ie the ones actually nerfed.

Sorry but this is some real false logic in play here. You may not rank up an antman for thorns, but I know alot of other people who sure did. When they showed their champs and asked who to rank up, officer's quickly said "Antman..for thorn nodes". He was a popular champ for that node for many people. To say that no one believes this because you personally wouldn't do it is very silly and dismissive.

Then let me rephrase. Officers telling people to rank 4 ant man (assuming that is the issue) is really bad advice. I still standby my point. A lot of alliances require a rank 4 5* champ for prestige and that's who got ranked. And, a lot of extra rewards were had bc of that additional prestige. I get it. You don't like your 5* r4 ant man. I wouldn't either. But he still has some "value." Put him on a starburst node or degen node if they still exist.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    He could just be placed on the poison node not enhanced poison. I bring a champ that isn't poison immune for the poison node because I might get hit by 1 poison before I take down that defender so not much poison damage lost. Antman would take forever to take down
This discussion has been closed.