**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hidden end game God tier champs .

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Since someone else already mentioned Psylocke, I'll go in a different direction: Kingpin.

He's a champ you can use for certain fights - not all by any means - but if you choose fights and opponents wisely, he can completely crush them.

It's all about debuffs; and Kabam is in a phase of producing new champions at the moment who inflict multiple debuffs at a distance; which is a problem for many opponents, but not KP: Aarkus, Annihilus, Captain Marvel Movie, Man-Thing, Clare Voyant, Stealth Spidey, Invisible Woman, Mr Fantastic...

Kingpin: secretly crushing the bosses of Uncollected monthly EQ, and Fantastic and Doom Invasions today!

Not without The Hood/Joe Fixit synergy. His rage mechanic is too unreliable. So yeah, Annihilus might not be the one who does the obliterating...
    I get that. You're right that 50/50 isn't reliable enough to deal with damaging debuffs. But in situations where you can easily seek out eight debuffs, then they're all gone, whether he converted them to Rage or not. Very easy against Annihilus, Clare Voyant, Aarkus, Invisible Woman... Mr Fantastic's whole schtick is inflicting non-damaging debuffs and using them to drive his Evade. Kingpin sounds perfect to me.

So, like you say: at 50/50 odds, I'm not recommending taking him on a Biohazard lane, even with Joe Fixit/Hood. But there are a lot of nodes he works wonders on. Next time you're doing Uncollected EQ and cursing the Empathic Lock, Spectre or Short Burst Lockdown paths; spare a thought for Kingpin who's taking it all in his enraged stride.

My personal favourite node: Special Lock 1. Turns up in Act 5.2 a few times. A lot of champs might struggle with Special Lock. Kingpin... not so much. Try him out and you'll see what I mean.

He's absolutely situational, and he'll never break the top tier. But is he way better than people think? I'd say, yes.
    I didn’t know he could break some of those nodes. So it acts like a tenacity. Appreciate the insight on this.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Red Hulk ... absolute powerhouse

I been using my red hulk, but not quite sure what the rotation is. I feel like I never get the crits with him. Does he do well on freezer burn?
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    TASKMASTER

I’m ranking my guy to r5 soon. Currently he’s at r4 sig 120. He’s one of the best Havok counters. Blocking the hell out of everything (just don’t get hit by special).

only wrong nodes are force of will and debuff immunity to him. He relies on debuffs.
  • Options
    Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    Gwenpool for me. Yes she is appreciated but not as much as she is deserved. She is beyond god tier with so many utilities.
  • Options

TASKMASTER

I’m ranking my guy to r5 soon. Currently he’s at r4 sig 120. He’s one of the best Havok counters. Blocking the hell out of everything (just don’t get hit by special).

only wrong nodes are force of will and debuff immunity to him. He relies on debuffs.

Interesting. I been in the hunt for a taskmaster. Starting to realize how much AAR you need in this game.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

TASKMASTER

Interesting. I been in the hunt for a taskmaster. Starting to realize how much AAR you need in this game.
    His AAR is broken though. You never reach 100%. He is my 2nd and 4th 5* I pulled but on the R2 bench ever since.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    There are many underated champs. Everyone focuses on the most recent additions or the "god tier" champs and there are many champs that just get shelved. I would agree Psylocke is one and quake. I think sometimes we let others form our opinions and attitudes about specific champs without finding out ourselves. "Everyone says this...it must he true!" I have such fun smashing my way through aqs with my 4 star hulk but few would make that choice for map 4...we let the bloggers and the video personalities influence us way too much!
  • Options
    Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Neotwism said:

@Manyoofs I think it has to do with ppl actually spending time and learning the lesser used champs. When u get several 5* champs a month it's hard to learn all their abilities and skills. That's why tier lists like Seatins is popular. Ppl just go by what they hear instead if learning everything about a champ. Because 6* champs take longer to get ppl spend more time trying to learn them and figure out a use for them. Champs like Doc Oc have been in the game a while now. It's not been till recently that the community has started hearing about his usefulness. Psylocke is a good champ. She just takes more work to learn than most of the other champs that are popular like Magik for power control.

Doc oc was my second 5* years ago and he still sits on my squad now you know how to use him right he’s a great champ 👍🏼

• Options
    SpielernameSpielername Posts: 132
    Mordo against champs with a few buffs. They just melt
  • Options
    Galandriel79Galandriel79 Posts: 40
    Texas_11 said:

Aleor said:

No such thing as hidden god tier, some champ are just bad. Some are ok, but god tier champs are just better, that what brings them in god tier. Wich is why I have fun always when they something about balance like "100% chance in 1 of 3 mods to stagger will make symsup op" and then release dr.doom, who can stagger anytime. You can use those ok champs, but most likely will prefer god tier if given a choice.

Take psylocke. She can't stop power gain, wich is when you need power control champ. Her sp2 power lock same as magik's, but you get Lee's power when hit your opponent. Magik is simply better in any scenario except when your opponent is debuff immune maybe

So, on this conversations proves my exact point. It seems you don’t understand Psylocke mechanics. Everytime Psylocke drains someone she actually gets a full bar of power . So why is magik better? Because that’s all you have seen? Or because you never played with Psylocke.

Point number one : Everyone prefers the better champ. This actually reinforces my thoughts that people think if you don’t have a certain champ you can’t complete content , which leads to frustration. There are over 150 something odd champs in the game, I’m certain there are options we don’t even look at and that’s why I created this post .

Point number two: I’m not actually talking about obvious trash champions like diablo or Luke Cage etc. I’m talking about real counters to some of these crazy nodes , and we think only one champ could take it out.

Curious on your take ! Thanks

just so you know LuKe CAge is one of my go to champs. Def takes care of morning star and his exhaustion limits power gain and limbo. Like you said - If you don't play with a champ you don't know
  • Options
    Galandriel79Galandriel79 Posts: 40
    I've also started playing with Ebony Maw - loving the abilities - takes a little work to understand but her ability to make people miss 100 percent of the time when timed right is a game changer as well as debilitating debuff and others.
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Aleor said:

No such thing as hidden god tier, some champ are just bad. Some are ok, but god tier champs are just better, that what brings them in god tier. Wich is why I have fun always when they something about balance like "100% chance in 1 of 3 mods to stagger will make symsup op" and then release dr.doom, who can stagger anytime. You can use those ok champs, but most likely will prefer god tier if given a choice.

Take psylocke. She can't stop power gain, wich is when you need power control champ. Her sp2 power lock same as magik's, but you get Lee's power when hit your opponent. Magik is simply better in any scenario except when your opponent is debuff immune maybe

So, on this conversations proves my exact point. It seems you don’t understand Psylocke mechanics. Everytime Psylocke drains someone she actually gets a full bar of power . So why is magik better? Because that’s all you have seen? Or because you never played with Psylocke.

Point number one : Everyone prefers the better champ. This actually reinforces my thoughts that people think if you don’t have a certain champ you can’t complete content , which leads to frustration. There are over 150 something odd champs in the game, I’m certain there are options we don’t even look at and that’s why I created this post .

Point number two: I’m not actually talking about obvious trash champions like diablo or Luke Cage etc. I’m talking about real counters to some of these crazy nodes , and we think only one champ could take it out.

Curious on your take ! Thanks

just so you know LuKe CAge is one of my go to champs. Def takes care of morning star and his exhaustion limits power gain and limbo. Like you said - If you don't play with a champ you don't know
    Actually !! I completely butchered “Luke Cage” I actually know how good he is. Don’t know why I even dropped his name lol. I’m just so use to calling him trash it just happens.

Luke Cage is a beast! My apologies
  • Options
    Rap said:

There are many underated champs. Everyone focuses on the most recent additions or the "god tier" champs and there are many champs that just get shelved. I would agree Psylocke is one and quake. I think sometimes we let others form our opinions and attitudes about specific champs without finding out ourselves. "Everyone says this...it must he true!" I have such fun smashing my way through aqs with my 4 star hulk but few would make that choice for map 4...we let the bloggers and the video personalities influence us way too much!

I agree with that 100% , I think it’s because high damage numbers = god tier.

KT1 actually does a good job of breaking the cycle.

I am so exhausted of seeing “ T1 gameplay “ and then it’s just a Corvus or ghost. It’s not very interesting and already thousands of videos out already. I really miss idealistl and still appreciate Swedah.
  • Options
    Not a knock to YouTuber s , because they have to get views. I just feel like for the most part the content that has been created has been pretty stale . Examples of content that has changed up the staleness of it :

Brian Grant : itemless run
    KT1- Fun But impractical
    Darkzodiac- champ analysis and breakdown
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★

Since someone else already mentioned Psylocke, I'll go in a different direction: Kingpin.

He's a champ you can use for certain fights - not all by any means - but if you choose fights and opponents wisely, he can completely crush them.

It's all about debuffs; and Kabam is in a phase of producing new champions at the moment who inflict multiple debuffs at a distance; which is a problem for many opponents, but not KP: Aarkus, Annihilus, Captain Marvel Movie, Man-Thing, Clare Voyant, Stealth Spidey, Invisible Woman, Mr Fantastic...

Kingpin: secretly crushing the bosses of Uncollected monthly EQ, and Fantastic and Doom Invasions today!

Not without The Hood/Joe Fixit synergy. His rage mechanic is too unreliable. So yeah, Annihilus might not be the one who does the obliterating...
    I get that. You're right that 50/50 isn't reliable enough to deal with damaging debuffs. But in situations where you can easily seek out eight debuffs, then they're all gone, whether he converted them to Rage or not. Very easy against Annihilus, Clare Voyant, Aarkus, Invisible Woman... Mr Fantastic's whole schtick is inflicting non-damaging debuffs and using them to drive his Evade. Kingpin sounds perfect to me.

So, like you say: at 50/50 odds, I'm not recommending taking him on a Biohazard lane, even with Joe Fixit/Hood. But there are a lot of nodes he works wonders on. Next time you're doing Uncollected EQ and cursing the Empathic Lock, Spectre or Short Burst Lockdown paths; spare a thought for Kingpin who's taking it all in his enraged stride.

My personal favourite node: Special Lock 1. Turns up in Act 5.2 a few times. A lot of champs might struggle with Special Lock. Kingpin... not so much. Try him out and you'll see what I mean.

He's absolutely situational, and he'll never break the top tier. But is he way better than people think? I'd say, yes.
    Amen
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

Texas_11 said:

TASKMASTER

His AAR is broken though. You never reach 100%. He is my 2nd and 4th 5* I pulled but on the R2 bench ever since.
    how broken? i didnt get that
  • Options

Mordo against champs with a few buffs. They just melt

I pulled a 5* as my 4th and I'm surprised he isn't as bad as he seems. His power gain give you reliable access to his special attacks, only his Fury is hard to get & keep up.
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

TASKMASTER

how broken? i didnt get that
    There have been a few threads in this forum that demonstrate that.
  • Options
    I just realized mordo ability accuracy can’t be reduced either. Also thinking he is good for every phase of the champion boss 6.2. Didn’t know his SP2 reduced Regen.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    Domino
  • Options

Domino

:/