**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War Enlistment Should Not Be a Thing Anymore

Can we all agree that the AW matchmaking solution of enlistment is a failure. Even before the recent glitch it forces everyone to have the same start time which sucks for some people in different time zones. I personally know that I've started matchmaking before and none of my officers canceled it but somehow we weren't enlisted. Also, officers have lives also, if they miss a matchmaking window, they're screwed for the whole season.

Before enlistments, you had some top tier alliances colluding to not match each other, but that is a relatively small number of alliances it effects... I say let them play dirty and the community will shame them. If kabam wants to fix that, only let the top 30 alliances able to match each other and if they don't start matchmaking early, they risk not finding a match.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    they used to not have this and you could enlist and get matched anytime you wanted to. People hated it because it lead to wars that were way unbalanced because you were matched with who enlisted at the same time you did in addition to the cheaters which people pushed kabam to fix. the cheaters done care about public shaming.
  • Options

Why cant we have peace in the battlerealm?!?

• Options
    18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    Lormif said:

they used to not have this and you could enlist and get matched anytime you wanted to. People hated it because it lead to wars that were way unbalanced because you were matched with who enlisted at the same time you did in addition to the cheaters which people pushed kabam to fix. the cheaters done care about public shaming.

Yes, I remember. I don't think people hated it as much as people hate this. There were only a few random unbalanced match ups. If you remember, even when they started enlistment they were having unbalanced matches. If you take out the option of P1/Master teams matching P3 it wouldn't be unbalanced. And yes, I mean war ranking, not war rating...that would also solve the issues of shell alliances. The cheating only effected the top 1% of alliances...I don't really care if who wins the top 3 spots....I'm sure there is still some cheating that's going on up there anyway.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    18sae56 said:

Lormif said:

Yes, I remember. I don't think people hated it as much as people hate this. There were only a few random unbalanced match ups. If you remember, even when they started enlistment they were having unbalanced matches. If you take out the option of P1/Master teams matching P3 it wouldn't be unbalanced. And yes, I mean war ranking, not war rating...that would also solve the issues of shell alliances. The cheating only effected the top 1% of alliances...I don't really care if who wins the top 3 spots....I'm sure there is still some cheating that's going on up there anyway.
    dude under the last system the forums were flooded every week complaining about uneven matchups.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Enlistment is great. Better option than before. Although maybe have options for how many wars you want to be auto enlisted in. And also as you aren’t in placement phase let people join to be able to place in war.

Auto enlist - 1 war
    - 2 war
    - 3 wars
    - entire season (could be 1-12 wars pending what’s left)

Then your officers can customize the enlistment.

The times we all get matched are fine. People will always get screwed up depending where they live in the world. Impossible to make everyone happy.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    When I saw the thread headline, I thought it was going to be about we should have have auto enlist (ie default to previous war’s enlistment choice) rather than having to enlist each war. But then I read the post.

Short answer—enlistment is WAAAAAYYYY better than matchmaking. I’m sorry you have issues with time zones—might need to rebalance your bgs or maybe swap out some players that don’t work. Matchmaking was awful. Top allies purposefully avoided fighting each other by letting others know when they matched so it would be safe for the next to start matchmaking, and so on. Enlistment is so much more fair than old system. My guess is you never had to deal with the unfair matchmaking to prefer that system.
  • Options
    18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    No, we did have bad match ups before...we were P3 and faced P1. But that was super rare. I'm just saying there's a better way to do this than force everyone to start at the same time. There are literally thousands of alliances that they should be able to find a close match up for everyone.
  • Options
    18sae56 said:

No, we did have bad match ups before...we were P3 and faced P1. But that was super rare. I'm just saying there's a better way to do this than force everyone to start at the same time. There are literally thousands of alliances that they should be able to find a close match up for everyone.

There used to be complaints about match making literally every week. Now, those complaints are rare. That's very strong evidence that the current system is generating fewer issues than before.
  • Options
    psychodadpsychodad Posts: 24

War shouldnt be a thing too.

I agree...what is it even good for?
  • Options
    psychodad said:

War shouldnt be a thing too.

I agree...what is it even good for?
    Absolutely nothing! 😂😂😂
    DNA3000 said:

18sae56 said:

There used to be complaints about match making literally every week. Now, those complaints are rare. That's very strong evidence that the current system is generating fewer issues than before.
    Agreed. While the Enlistment system isn't without its faults, it's far superior to the previous system of on the spot matchmaking. Overall, Enlistment seems to have done more good than bad. Nothing is perfect, but I'll take the better of 2 evils as it were.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Wars are ok. I'd wish they changed aq into enlistment or allow to finish last map in full 24 hours since it started, as because of time zone my aly usually has 6-7 hours less to do last day aq.
  • Options
    We appreciate the feedback and suggestion, but we moved away from that playstyle for Wars for a vast number of reasons mentioned by your fellow Summoners. We don't have plans at this moment to revert back.
This discussion has been closed.