**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Alliance Quest Modifiers

Comments

• Echo'ing the Honor Point Peak Milestone chart, note that Map-7 all 5 days, all 3 groups, using different Master Level buffs each day, adds up to the 42,000 in chart below...

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    Could someone confirm whether Honor Points is only earned on a fully completed 100% Map (individually per BG) instead of just Boss Kill but not 100% ??

And also that (conversely), the Bonus Points within AQ maps are bonus points for each individual fight (and thus those points do NOT need to be on a completed map) ?? (and then for example the Map-7 day-1 (1 BG) Master buff rewarding 2,400,000 Points is a cumulative of all of the individual fights within Map-7) ??

Or are Bonus Points ALSO only rewarded for a fully completed 100% BG ?? (Meaning that knowingly extra partial BG's on a lower alliance should not even bother with the buff, only those BG 's that normally can do 100% should apply them ??)
  • In the "ALLIANCE QUEST MODIFIERS: HONOR AND BONUS POINTS BREAKDOWN" post, in the AQ week example, I believe there is a typo on day 4. It seems like it should be Map 5 and not Map 6. If it were Map 6 with repeated buff it should be 2200 points correct?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    If we want maximum points:
    Can we choose the same modifier each day? Or do we have to run all 5 modifiers in 5 days?
    Is each modifier worth the same amount of bonus points? Or is one modifier worth more points than another?

Basically my question is what do we need to do to get maximum bonus points/rewards?
  • Gregdagr8 said:

Can we choose the same modifier each day? Or do we have to run all 5 modifiers in 5 days?
    Is each modifier worth the same amount of bonus points? Or is one modifier worth more points than another?

Basically my question is what do we need to do to get maximum bonus points/rewards?

To maximize points, you need to use the hardest level modifier, on the hardest map, and use a different one each day.
  • Gregdagr8 said:

To maximize points, you need to use the hardest level modifier, on the hardest map, and use a different one each day.
    So, saving harder maps for later in the week will get you more points overall than doing the easier map later in the week if that makes sense.
  • Could someone confirm whether Honor Points is only earned on a fully completed 100% Map (individually per BG) instead of just Boss Kill but not 100% ??

And also that (conversely), the Bonus Points within AQ maps are bonus points for each individual fight (and thus those points do NOT need to be on a completed map) ?? (and then for example the Map-7 day-1 (1 BG) Master buff rewarding 2,400,000 Points is a cumulative of all of the individual fights within Map-7) ??

Or are Bonus Points ALSO only rewarded for a fully completed 100% BG ?? (Meaning that knowingly extra partial BG's on a lower alliance should not even bother with the buff, only those BG 's that normally can do 100% should apply them ??)

Both Honor Points and Bonus Points are earned for Completing the Map. That means that as long as you take down the Boss, you get to claim those points.
  • In the "ALLIANCE QUEST MODIFIERS: HONOR AND BONUS POINTS BREAKDOWN" post, in the AQ week example, I believe there is a typo on day 4. It seems like it should be Map 5 and not Map 6. If it were Map 6 with repeated buff it should be 2200 points correct?

My mistake! Fixed that now! But I'm glad to see that you understood it!

My mistake! Fixed that now! But I'm glad to see that you understood it!
    It did take a minute, but I got there! I noticed it actually because I was trying to explain it a little more visually by circling the reward each day on a screenshot and it just didn't quite line up one way or another
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Miike, could you maybe re-post the images here again then (since what I did on previous page is now slightly out of date).

And, does Bonus Points clarification you provided mean that if we have an extra “Partial” BG that is just for extra AQ series points but never has enough to get to boss, then that BG should basically ignore applying the Modifiers to that BG ?? Since you said Bonus Points (as well as Honor Points) are only given (per BG) that gets a Thanos Kill in that BG.

(unless that partial BG just wants some extra challenge anyways, without extra points)
  • Thanks Miike, could you maybe re-post the images here again then (since what I did on previous page is now slightly out of date).

And, does Bonus Points clarification you provided mean that if we have an extra “Partial” BG that is just for extra AQ series points but never has enough to get to boss, then that BG should basically ignore applying the Modifiers to that BG ?? Since you said Bonus Points (as well as Honor Points) are only given (per BG) that gets a Thanos Kill in that BG.

(unless that partial BG just wants some extra challenge anyways, without extra points)

What he updated didn’t change the chart.

To your modifier point, that is what it seems. If you can take down the boss, you don’t get the points.
  • Dr_PhysicoDr_Physico Posts: 58
    The question was already raised, but haven't found an answer so far:
    Are the Honor Reward Milestones peak milestones or cumulative? E.g., if my alliance collects 6000 Honor Points in one AQ week, all we get is 4x T4CC fragment crystals or would we get the cumulated from the 5 lower milestones 18k T4B fragments too?
  • Oh, sorry, thought you caught a problem in chart, but was you saw was probably just a problem in their initial Description Example (??)

And, was hoping that added modifier buffs would have meant that every node would be giving extra fight points toward AQ score (instead of just giving a lump sum bonus for each completion)
    edited November 2019

Are the Honor Reward Milestones peak milestones or cumulative? E.g., if my alliance collects 6000 Honor Points in one AQ week, all we get is 4x T4CC fragment crystals or would we get the cumulated from the 5 lower milestones 18k T4B fragments too?

Would have to be PEAK Milestones. Those increments from one to the next are too small to reward ALL of them in succession. (I’m assuming)

• HiddenelementxHiddenelementx Posts: 25
    edited November 2019

Would have to be PEAK Milestones. Those increments from one to the next are too small to reward ALL of them in succession. (I’m assuming)

So for the example they give it is for one BG for a week, if all 3 BG’s do the same you would get 3x those points

So the example is 7800 points for that BG for that week. The alliance would have 23,400 points in that example. Which would be milestone 10
    edited November 2019
    Those Honor Milestone levels (see top one of 42,000) is across all 3 BG's, and is an end of Series Milestone. The chart on how to earn them is per each BG (so x3 if complete all 3 groups if doing the same map/buff, else add up from 3 different rows for the 3 BG's)

The other Bonus Points chart would be per BG as well.

(wish all 3 charts would have ended up on same “page” instead of being split across page 2 and 3) 😀
  • For the bonus points I believe that would mean an alliance running all map 6, in all BGs, with different modifiers each day, would get 54 million additional points over the week. Assuming map completion of course. That’s huge!
  • For the bonus points I believe that would mean an alliance running all map 6, in all BGs, with different modifiers each day, would get 54 million additional points over the week. Assuming map completion of course. That’s huge!

Yep, that's what I calculate too.
    And 33,000 Honor Milestone (Tier 14 Peak).
  • Aqwa81Aqwa81 Posts: 15
    Some of those are really bad examples. By they make it sound like it’s just for extra rewards. But that’s not the case. Extra means above or on top of what your are already getting. Not. If you don’t do this you will get less then you are now before they add the extra points. Therefore not really making it optional if you don’t want to lose your ranking.

The aw example was also a poor example. Of course if you don’t place right your gonna lose. But they arnt saying. If you place this guy here you will get extra points. Or something like that. Aw is aw. Aq is no longer aq. They just made all kind of changes to aq. It seems like just as we get use to a change. They add other elements to something they already changed again.

Basically what they are doing is making it look like your getting better rewards for doing things that are harder. Which is turn will make you use more potions and revives. Revives arnt easy to come by. You can get what. 3 a week. Buy one and if your ally scores high enough in SA you can get 2 there. They are just finding smarter ways to get your to use more resources. Classic kabam. And like everything else. If your a long time player in a top ally. Your rewards continue to claim so much higher and fast with much more needed resources the. The middle tier. To get to the top tier is next to impossible unless your a whale. The reward gap is way to big. Would it really hurt to close that gap a little and let then main core of your players feel like they are getting Adequate rewards for the time and work they put in? Top tier players don’t have to do anything. Yet 1 single aw season gets them more then all my game play for the month. They have to do what 60 fights to earn a 6* and a half 2 or 3 5*s t2a and t5 and t4 and t4cc. If they rewarded the players that put the time into the game more. They might be more likely to play even more because they will have more stuff and champs to rank up. I spend a month or 2 trying to get a champ to rank. Then when I do. I still don’t have the needed resources. Top ally’s just need one aw season cycle and they are good to go. Plus it’s not like most of them are playing fair anyways. Most of them are cheating and being rewarded. Kabam knows yet still rewards them. Takes the fun out of the game and just proves all arnt equal. Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Way to throw us a bone and make it look like your helping ya out.
  • Aqwa81 said:

Basically what they are doing is making it look like your getting better rewards for doing things that are harder.

AQ modifiers offers a way for alliances to better customize the difficulty of their map running. As a result, some alliances will do better and some less well, and that will change rankings across all alliances. But for every alliance that goes down, another must go up: that's a given when it comes to rank rewards. Meanwhile, practically every single alliance can at least do trivial modifiers some of the time and increase their overall point total, which will increase their peak milestone rewards no matter what anyone else does. That's an overall win for players. Basically, across all alliances the rank rewards Kabam hands out are the same, while the peak milestones and new honor rewards go up overall. And the increases aren't just concentrated solely on the top alliances either: even very low alliances can benefit from the system, so the benefits are spread throughout the playerbase.

And this doesn't even factor in the fact that for many alliances this won't even come with any real noticeable increase in difficulty. There's only seven maps, with dramatic difficulty changes between them. The odds of any one alliance being at just the right strength to make one particular map just right for them is low. The vast majority of alliances are either running a map that's way easy for them, because not every member can comfortably jump up to the higher map, or they are stretching many members to do a high map because they don't want to drop all the way down to the next lower map. For these alliances, AQ modifiers would allow them to significantly improve their rewards without actually incurring more noticeable or meaningful difficulty. If you're doing map 4 because map 5 is too hard, your choice is to jump up to map 5 and force all your alliance members to spend to keep up, or stay at map 4 and have your strongest players sleepwalk through the map. Now, you have a third choice. You can run map 4 with modifiers. This gives more points and thus more rewards than just running map 4, but can be substantially cheaper to most of your players than running map 5.

Overall, this is a huge player-centric win. You can increase difficulty and rewards in a much more fine-tuned way than jumping maps, which means many alliances will do that and get more rewards for no more expense. And you can actually decrease difficulty without costing as much rewards, by dropping down a map but then reapplying modifiers. This allows alliances to "take a break" from high difficulty without losing as much rewards as before. Only the most competitive players in the most competitive alliances, and idiots, are going to push the system to its limits and end up costing themselves more resources than they gain from using the system. If you do that, that's on you.
  • Jack0312Jack0312 Posts: 198 ★★
    Hello Kabam,

With this announcement I have 3 questions :
    1) For the honor rewards : will we get all the milestones OR just the highest rank ?
    2) For the bonus points : for a map7, day1, with a master global node, will we get 2,4M for the 3 groups or 2,4M for each group ?
    3) Will these points allow us to reach higher milestones ? For a full map7 alliance, with 5 different global nodes, it is an increase of 24M (or 72M, depending of your answer for the last question)... This is a huge increase, but where are the next milestones ?

In my opinion, this will make alliances to prioritize AQ and to abandon AW because they don't worth the effort anymore if you don't increase the rewards for AW too.

Thx for the answers (and I hope to get my rewards for the last season very soon ;) )
  • Seems to be on its “Coming Soon” countdown a day too early. See other threads about AQ starting a day early.
  • Are the honor milestones peak milestones?

Sorry for the late response! The Honor Milestones are Peak milestones.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike what happens if you mix heroic and master buffs within a BG? Am I correct that a group running 6-5-5 heroic all 5 days ends up with 29,000?
  • TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike what happens if you mix heroic and master buffs within a BG? Am I correct that a group running 6-5-5 heroic all 5 days ends up with 29,000?

I think maps 655 all 5 days, with a Heroic buff (ie, Heroic #1 buff) across all 3 BG's day-1, then next day doing a different ie Heroic #2 buff in all BG's, etc, etc (going thru all Heroic buffs)...
    Looks like comes out to 36,000 (16k, 10k, 10k).

Question would be what if you do different Heroics on days 1-4, and then say a Master buff on day-5, do you get the Master Row Points from Column 1 for that day-5, or Master Row Points from Column 5 ?? Is it based on being the first time you do one of the Master Level (so points are from column 1), or the fact that you are doing a 5th different unique buff (albeit this time from Master) during day-5 (so points would be from column 5) ??
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Correct me if I'm wrong but those who run and complete 3 BGs per day will get faster the points and will need to do something like this:

SITUATION A

Day1 - BG1 - master buff 1
    Day1 - BG2 - master buff 2
    Day1 - BG3 - master buff 3

Day2 - BG1 - master buff 4
    Day2 - BG2 - master buff 5
    Day2 - BG3 - heroic buff 1

Day3 - BG1 - heroic buff 2
    Day3 - BG2 - heroic buff 3
    Day3 - BG3 - heroic buff 4

Day4 - BG1 - heroic buff 5
    Day4 - BG2 - normal buff 1
    Day4 - BG3 - normal buff 2

Day5 - BG1 - normal buff 3
    Day5 - BG2 - normal buff 4
    Day5 - BG3 - normal buff 5

Would the above have more points than this: (?)

SITUATION B:

Day1 - BG2 - master buff 1
    Day1 - BG3 - master buff 1

Day2 - BG1 - master buff 2
    Day2 - BG2 - master buff 2
    Day2 - BG3 - master buff 2

Day3 - BG1 - master buff 3
    Day3 - BG2 - master buff 3
    Day3 - BG3 - master buff 3

Day4 - BG1 - master buff 4
    Day4 - BG2 - master buff 4
    Day4 - BG3 - master buff 4

Day5 - BG1 - master buff 5
    Day5 - BG2 - master buff 5
    Day5 - BG3 - master buff 5
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    NoOnexRO said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but those who run and complete 3 BGs per day will get faster the points and will need to do something like this:

SITUATION A

Day1 - BG2 - master buff 2
    Day1 - BG3 - master buff 3

Day2 - BG1 - master buff 4
    Day2 - BG2 - master buff 5
    Day2 - BG3 - heroic buff 1

Day3 - BG1 - heroic buff 2
    Day3 - BG2 - heroic buff 3
    Day3 - BG3 - heroic buff 4

Day4 - BG1 - heroic buff 5
    Day4 - BG2 - normal buff 1
    Day4 - BG3 - normal buff 2

Day5 - BG1 - normal buff 3
    Day5 - BG2 - normal buff 4
    Day5 - BG3 - normal buff 5

Would the above have more points than this: (?)

SITUATION B:

Day1 - BG2 - master buff 1
    Day1 - BG3 - master buff 1

Day2 - BG1 - master buff 2
    Day2 - BG2 - master buff 2
    Day2 - BG3 - master buff 2

Day3 - BG1 - master buff 3
    Day3 - BG2 - master buff 3
    Day3 - BG3 - master buff 3

Day4 - BG1 - master buff 4
    Day4 - BG2 - master buff 4
    Day4 - BG3 - master buff 4

Day5 - BG1 - master buff 5
    Day5 - BG2 - master buff 5
    Day5 - BG3 - master buff 5

points are calculated by battlegroup, so the second setup would net more points.
  • Map modifier said "Coming Soon" for me. I couldn't see them or set them. Not sure if I was supposed to restart game client or not; another officer started while I was trying to figure it out.