**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Censoring A-D-D-I-C-T-I-O-N

XJonesXJones Posts: 40
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Why would the forum remove words like A-d-d-I-c-t-I-o-n from it’s forums?

I’m a long timeF2P player and eventually spender! Downloaded the game Day One.

...but also interested in this subject of why people play video games ...sometimes compulsively. Myself included here.

For example, I buy crystals I know are bad deals...and I promise I will never do it again...and then I do.

It’s not stupidity. I don’t feel tricked by Kabaam. I don’t believe in luck.

It’s almost just become a habit.

So Why is the A word Something to hide?

I don’t think I’m alone here and it’s an issue important to the community.

For real.

Does Kabaam have a program in place for people who can’t stop playing?

Seems kinda weird to me, as a psychology student studying video games and neuroscience to want to censor my previous poll about spending habits....

Sorry if it’s triggering many of us deal with compulsive spending habits...

But if the company only knew what they were doing....

Please be transparent.

Comments

• XJonesXJones Posts: 40
    Ok lol ...still .... Watch this post go bye bye
  • AmytGAmytG Posts: 36
    _ASDF_ said:

The spacing of your posts is incredibly frustrating to view and your sentence structure is equally frustrating. Make sure to take some communication classes lol.

I mean yes, but if you can get past the odd spacing, the question is a valid one.
    edited November 2019
    Right. I get it good feedback

Next time one long, equally confusing paragraph.
    New at this. Long time player, first time forum-er. Thanks for feedback.

I will ask again: why is addiction censored on forums?

I’ve also noticed removal of gambling and gamification.

How would people describe their compulsive spending (time or money) habits in this game?

Thank you for reading!
  • AmytG said:

_ASDF_ said:

The spacing of your posts is incredibly frustrating to view and your sentence structure is equally frustrating. Make sure to take some communication classes lol.

I mean yes, but if you can get past the odd spacing, the question is a valid one.
    The question is a valid one in an academic setting. This is not an academic setting. Here, this question very quickly becomes a discussion surrounding the motives other players have in how they spend their time and money. And that tends to quickly lead to problems.

If you think this is a question of censorship, you can try to have this academic discussion on the reddit. You won't be censored, but odds are pretty good you won't be having an academic discussion either.
  • The word Addiction is not blocked by our Profanity filters. In fact, you used it in your last reply :tongue:

However, this is not the place to talk about this stuff. This forum is about Marvel Contest of Champions. Bigger topics like this are better suited to other spaces.
This discussion has been closed.