**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation Discussion [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Brutus2099Brutus2099 Posts: 52

Everyone was equally affected but Kabam continues to insult us with tiered compensation? Utter rubbish. But typical....

We can't give a new player an entire 5-Star and 1000 6-Star shards. We scale rewards because we have a progression plan for the entire game.
    Maybe not but uncollected and cavalier should have got same.
  • DBagzDBagz Posts: 15
    I do think we should all get a 4 star cull obsidian as well. Arena was down too. Others we should be content with the rest of the rewards.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    I didn't receive any compensation? I got my rewards that I wasn't able to claim. I playing when they shut it down for emergency maintenance.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Nevermind, I had to restart the game. Sorry
  • HSenpaiHSenpai Posts: 92

Thank you Kabam. Compensation was amazing :)
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    edited November 2019
    I get what all of you are saying about the compensation package reflecting current level of gameplay. However in my opinion they should have set up the Compensation packages based on average ranking in the AQ and war rating. Those were the areas affected. I realize another compensation package will be coming later on down the road having to do with these and that's good to hear. but the maintenance still affected everyone in my alliance in the exact same way and we all play on the same alliance quest map and the same war map yet everyone in my alliance got different compensation packages based on story mode progression. How is this fair if we are all up against the same level of difficulty concerning group game play content?
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Good job this time with compensation Kabam, I was expecting this as a whole so whatever we get for Wars is icing on the cake
  • Pudge008Pudge008 Posts: 39
    Not happy with the Karnak I pulled lol but happy that the compensation felt fair to me. Like that we received some 6 star shards and all the potions and revives. Overall rating for the compensation is a A-. Would like to have seen some gold in there or some battle chips because of lost arena time but overall good job.
  • Fusions33Fusions33 Posts: 3
    It affected all players and alliances the same it should not be tiered based on rank. It’s ridiculous. I have one account Cavalier and one Uncollected. My Uncollected account was not affected any less than my Cavalier.
    If you received less than Cavalier submit a ticket and maybe they’ll rectify it.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Well done very please with this and how you handed it out based on overall game progression to make the rewards comparably to what was lost for folks.

Won’t please everyone but was balanced with how the game is outline in progression.
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 284 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Felt okay with it til I opened an extremely worthless 5* Falcon that’s now sig 40 ...........🤦🏼‍♂️ It’s like receiving a present with a whoopie cushion or flaming pile of poo in it.

I wish RNG would be removed from all forms of Compensation. Pretty disappointing that even with Cavalier status, I see others pulling top tier champs while I pull straight garbage that adds practically no value to my roster.

Although the gesture is appreciated, as stated, I don’t feel RNG should play a role in compensation.
  • DaRealMcCoyDaRealMcCoy Posts: 11
    jsmitty57 said:

Yeah i agree that anyone playing longer than a year should have gotten the same. I dont have resources to make cav. But ive been IC for over a year or so. I feel pretty left out by these rewards since cav is still relatively new... I disagree with the newer guys getting the same but people who have been playing for a long time should have all gotten the same rewards.

+1000%! I'm UC & my thing is remember that pretty solid 3-month Summoner Appreciation calendar? Arguably that was compensation/incentivizing for performance issues in the game at that time. EVERYONE had access to that & it included a sizeable chunk of 5* shards AND like 700 6* shards! It's rather absurd to shortchange people based on their completion of content that just came out earlier this year!

I was pretty geeked when I saw in the in-game message, but this thread quickly showed me that the game managed to stick it to me once again...
  • Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    Thank you Kabam for very nice compensation.
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    I got this

Also got 1000 more 5 star shards (forgot to click the screenshot)

And i got this guy

Happy enough(though the champion is not a god tier, but certainly kabam gave a huge surprise to me & many others 😂
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Glad I push for cavalier in second account last week because of the full t2a in the monthly calendar.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    If you had 9 hours to play, you could've been doing the next story quest available to you in line after the last one you completed. So naturally, part of the potential rewards you missed out on should be based on how far along you are in the story quests. Quest rewards after the Collector are better than the ones before. And rewards in Act 6 Chapter 2 or 3 are better than those in Chapter 1.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    For me, I totally accept the compensation!! 😄
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    Got this as a compensation on alternate account

And then pulled this guy

I am at 8.1k 5 star shards,hence didn't open a 5 star, but i am happy
  • heirDEZheirDEZ Posts: 132 ★★
    These compensations are weak.. only meant to benefit whales. Ugh this classism disgusts me..
  • IronMaiden66IronMaiden66 Posts: 40
    I enjoyed the rewards very much but the one thing I am disappointed about is not getting better rewards as conquerer than those who are proven.. Uncollected and Cav got different rewards and I feel like those who are conquerer just get roped in with proven all the time and don't get anything additional. Pulled 4* luke cage and I'm getting closer to another 5* so I'm not complaining. Just curious as to why conquerer never get more than proven.
  • Jester123 said:

DNA3000 said:

I get what all of you are saying about the compensation package reflecting current level of gameplay. However in my opinion they should have set up the Compensation packages based on average ranking in the AQ and war rating. Those were the areas affected. I realize another compensation package will be coming later on down the road having to do with these and that's good to hear. but the maintenance still affected everyone in my alliance in the exact same way and we all play on the same alliance quest map and the same war map yet everyone in my alliance got different compensation packages based on story mode progression. How is this fair if we are all up against the same level of difficulty concerning group game play content?

Nothing is absolutely fair. Your way, we'll have filler accounts in a masters alliances gets a ton of compensation, while a Cavalier player in a chill alliance gets a 3* crystal. Personally I think that's worse.

Plus, I don't consider AQ (I'm setting aside AW as that's going to be handled separately) the only noteworthy impact. It probably wasn't even the largest hit. AQ fights were fixed first, and AQ timers were reduced. That wouldn't make everyone whole, but it almost certainly made a lot of alliances whole, and those who were impacted were not impacted by as much as the downtime duration would suggest. Meanwhile we had people looped in content, losing fights, or just plain stuck unable to grind arena like they normally did. It was arena fights that were restored last and experienced the longest outage: some people could have lost basically their entire grind day. For people on the bubble, it could have cost them 5* shards (the rank changes between the two cycles that week suggest scores were depressed somewhat around the 10% cutoff).

A lot of areas of the game were affected in different ways, but we're not going to get hand crafted compensation for every single one of them. We need a proxy for them, and progression title is a better one than AQ ranking. It isn't perfect, but it probably correlates to overall game reward earning rates better than AQ rank, or prestige or rating which is how it has been done in the past.

At the end of the day, it comes down to this. We've done this both ways, with compensation packages being the same for everyone, and tiered. Way more people complain about flat than tiered. And that's pretty easy to explain: this is a progressional game. People who can't handle tiered rewards probably don't stick around long. The game self-selects for players who believe tiering is fair. So the people who think tiering is unfair are always going to be the minority.
    That’s a very interesting comment, kabam decide on how they do compensation by how much we moan. Thats good to know
    That is an interesting comment. But I didn't say that. What I said is that in games like this, the players who feel tiering is fair are going to be the majority, just out of self-selection. Game developers don't always do what the majority of their players say. But when it comes to subjective things like "what's fair" they do listen to what the majority of players' perspective is, because there's no objective definition of fairness that can absolutely guide them in situations like this.