**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Alliance Quest Modifiers

Comments

• Ok, thanks for clarifying all BG's were Wins. 😀

(just helps out Kabam in knowing what they should be looking at, whether a bug, or mistaken understanding of points method).
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    It looks like its always bg3 that is incorrect.

Does anyone know if bonus points are added at the end of the map upon completion or a small amount per fight? I ask because our bg1 and bg3 have the same points per fight but incorrect point modifiers indicated. I wasn't sure if it was just a visual error
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

For those ppl above... @Undecidednoob , @Frosty , @Worknprogress

Did your BG3 actually defeat Thanos 1st day ??

It looks like MAYBE the entire spreadsheet of Bonus Points is entirely on an individual BG basis ?
    For BG1 (assuming they cleared), the next day's potential Bonus Points (if doing a different Modifier for day-2) will move to the 2nd column.
    But for BG3 (assuming that group failed to complete Thanos), might be that BG3 is still stuck on the 1st Column Points List, because they had yet to have a Completion.

And so might also mean that each BG is totally independent of any other BG as far as what is considered a “different” Modifier each day.

Yes we explored 100% all 3 groups
  • Hey there, would anyone who is seeing a battlegroup get different points be able to share the information requested in this thread?
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Hey there, would anyone who is seeing a battlegroup get different points be able to share the information requested in this thread?

Bg1 Day 1 Brute Force
    Day 2 Special Delivery
    Points 2.7 million bonus

Bg3 Day 1 Hurt Locker
    Day 2 Dismay
    Points 1.8 million

Both groups cleared entire map day 1
    Bg2 ran heroic modifiers on map 7
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    General question..
    If I did bane on map 5 day 1, each BG would get 800 points for completion.
    Now day 2 say I did hurt locker, still map 5, that would now be 1200 points per BG.
    Now day 3 comes and we do hurt locker again in map 5, does that now count as 1200 points again or back to 800?

Also, say instead of repeating hurt locker on day 3, we instead do soft gaurd (heroic) on map 5, does that drop to 700 points or count as 1400 points?

Just trying to get clarity around this so we can play appropriately to get the desired milestones without making it overly complicated.
  • UndecidednoobUndecidednoob Posts: 7
    edited November 2019

Hey there, would anyone who is seeing a battlegroup get different points be able to share the information requested in this thread?

Day1: BG1 - BG2 - BG3: All 3 Map 6, Modifier Debuff: Bane
    Day2: BG1 - BG2 - BG3: All 3 Map 6, Modifier Debuff: Brute Force

• @Frosty , Bonus Points are added after Completion of a BG. They are not on a per-fight basis.

Although, I wonder if maybe some of the Modifier Buffs do indeed noticeably increase the opponent PI Rating (and thus the individual Points for each fight), in addition to the Bonus Points gotten afterward.

For example, a couple in the Normal Tier (+40% Armor, and 40% Crit Resistance) those buffs might affect actual PI Rating of AQ nodes (??) and as such might give a bump in Points per node, separate from the final Bonus Points for completing map.

Most of the higher Modifiers don’t look like things that would “across the board” increase attack/health/resistance of nodes, so they may not have much of a “per-fight” effect.

@Frosty , Bonus Points are added after Completion of a BG. They are not on a per-fight basis.

Although, I wonder if maybe some of the Modifier Buffs do indeed noticeably increase the opponent PI Rating (and thus the individual Points for each fight), in addition to the Bonus Points gotten afterward.

For example, a couple in the Normal Tier (+40% Armor, and 40% Crit Resistance) those buffs might affect actual PI Rating of AQ nodes (??) and as such might give a bump in Points per node, separate from the final Bonus Points for completing map.

Most of the higher Modifiers don’t look like things that would “across the board” increase attack/health/resistance of nodes, so they may not have much of a “per-fight” effect.

Miike said early on that they dont affect PI
  • We did all Map-4, but a mix of “Feats of Power” and the lower “Opportunist”, and there was a very slight difference in the PI values of opponents on the maps that used each buff.

Very small, but it was a difference (not sure if that difference resulted in any small amount difference in fight points).

The other 2 Buffs I mentioned earlier seem to be a couple that might actually have an impact on PI, because they are permanent Armor/Resistance type of buffs that I think normally is the type of thing that gets used to determine PI. (???)

But I agree, the main focus of the Buffs are NOT to award any increase in PI/Rating or fight points, the main focus is for awarding Bonus Points on top of what you normally get for a map.
    Neotwism said:

@Worknprogress Believe it or not, Miike has been wrong in the past.

You dont say? I also haven't noticed any difference personally
  • Mase1127Mase1127 Posts: 60 ★★
    Question: is everyone else able to select different modifiers per BG? I tried to start ours today with a BG1 map 5 no modifier, bg2 map 6 with Hurt locker and a BG3 map 7 with no modifier.

When I applied the modifier to BG2 it assigned it to all 3 BGs. I then tried to remove the modifier from BG3 and it removed it from all 3. Is this working as intended?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    Current HONOR Points NOT VISIBLE on main AQ Screen. Needs to be added similar to where current Prestige and Event Score (AQ Points) are listed.

Make some more room below those by consolidating the 3 different sections of Rewards into a single Rewards button (would still be able to view any of the 3 types of Reward Milestone progress, same as it currently does once you go into that).

-OR- just add the actual current Points onto the Rewards Milestones progress (instead of just showing you “which” Milestone you are currently at).
    ** Oh, and same could be done for ALL EVENTS in game, like 3-day Completion, etc, once you hit top Milestone there is currently nowhere you can actually see what your Points are (for those who are looking to hit a certain (ie.) 20% Rank level above what mnormal top Milestone level is. If actual current Points are added to Milestone Display, then we’d be able to see it.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Why didn't they make a video showing how to correctly select the modifiers? Apparently after selecting one it gives the |Continue" button to start the AQ before selecting the other 2.
  • Why didn't they make a video showing how to correctly select the modifiers? Apparently after selecting one it gives the |Continue" button to start the AQ before selecting the other 2.

On the screen where you select each MAP you want to play on for that BG, is where you would go into the Modifier Button and select which Modifier FOR THAT BG MAP. Do that BEFORE hitting NEXT to move on to the next BG.

The final CONTINUE is once all 3 BG's are set (Maps and Modifiers). If you haven’t set the Modifiers by that time, go back to the individual BG Selection screens before finalizing.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Our alliance still cant even turn modifiers on! Still says coming soon even after the officers restart the game. Cmon kabam get it together!
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Our alliance still cant even turn modifiers on! Still says coming soon even after the officers restart the game. Cmon kabam get it together!

I think this is a polite way of the officers telling you they don't want to do them.
  • Recap of Known Issues...

Some alliances still saying “Coming Soon”, can’t select Modifiers ...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/169252/umm-the-aq-modifiers-still-say-coming-soon#latest

(for those that can) BG3 not showing same Bonus and Honor Points on 2nd day as BG 1/2 ...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/169488/aq-modifiers-not-paying-the-same-points#latest
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Greetings Summoner,

The challenges of our Alliance Quests continue to evolve and change! Starting November 15th a new feature will be coming to Alliance Quests!

Alliance Quest Modifiers

Alliance Quest Modifiers are optional Buffs that Alliance Leaders and Officers can add to Alliance Quest Maps to increase their difficulty, and earn bonus rewards for completing the Map.

Alliance Quest modifiers are meant to act as a stepping stone for mid-tier Alliances to graduate to higher difficulties, and give higher-tier Alliances new content to engage with.

How do they work?

When an Alliance Quest Event is running, Alliance Leaders and/or Officers will have the option to select a Global Buff that will affect all encounters on the Map. They can choose a Buff for each Battlegroup that is participating.

An Alliance will always have the option to not choose a Global Buff, however they will surrender any bonus Points they would have gained from participating in this feature.

There are three tiers of Buffs: Normal, Heroic, or Master. Normal Buffs are best suited for Maps 1-3, Heroic and Master for Maps 4-7.
    Each tier contains 5 Buffs, enough for one Buff per day of an Alliance Quest series. You can look forward to more Buffs being added in the future.

These Alliance Quest Modifier Buffs increase the difficulty of the Alliance Quest Map, but Alliances are rewarded with ”Honor” and earn bonus Points when completing Maps with these Buffs selected.

Honor and Bonus Points?

Honor Points are Points that Alliances gain from completing Maps in Alliance Quest Events when they have chosen an Alliance Quest Modifier. Using a Modifier that you haven't used this week will earn your Alliance more points each Quest. Additionally, the higher difficulty Map you run, the more points the Modifiers will earn.

The greater variety of Modifiers you use throughout the series, the more Honor Points you will earn. To reach the highest Honor Milestones, you’ll need to use all 5 Alliance Quest Modifiers throughout the series on Map 7.

Bonus Points are additional Points an Alliance earns for choosing Alliance Quest Modifiers that go towards Rank Rewards.

The Buffs

Normal:

• +45% Armor: The Defender gains +45% Armor Rating from the start of the fight
    • Sadist - 1: This Defender gains +10% Attack for each Debuff on them.
    • Opportunist - 1: This Defender gains +10% Attack for each Buff on them.
    • Physical Resistance 40%:The Defender gains +40% Physical Resistance Rating from the start of the fight
    • Plagued Mind -1: Attacker's Power is drained every 30 seconds.
    Heroic:
    • Soft Guard - 1: Each Blocked attack reduces Block Proficiency by 2%, up to a maximum of 80% reduction.
    • Feats of Power: When the Defender is above 1 Bar of Power, gain a Fury Buff. When the Defender is above 2 Bars of Power, gain a Precision Buff. When the Defender is at 3 Bars of Power, gain a Cruelty Buff.
    • Role Reversal: The Class Relationships on this Node are reversed.
    • Optimist: Gains Fury, Armor Up, and Health Steal as long as they remain below 25% HP.
    • Pessimist: Gains Fury, Armor Up, and Health Steal as long as they remain above 75% HP.
    Master:
    • Brute Force: If the Attacker hasn't landed a hit in 6 seconds they begin to Degenerate, losing 100% of their total Health over 30 seconds. Landing a hit removes the Degeneration and resets the timer. The strength of this Degeneration is affected by Class Relationships. (150% over 30 seconds with Class Dis. and 50% over 30 seconds with Class Adv.).
    • Dismay: Whenever the Attacker loses their highest achieved Combo in a fight, they gain a Degeneration Debuff that deals damage every second equal to 10 times the lost Combo.
    • Hurt Locker: Using the same type of Special Attack twice in a row gives the Attacker a Delayed Blast charge for {2} seconds which may be removed by landing a Heavy Attack. If the Blast expires, the Attacker takes {1}% of their Health as direct damage.
    • Bane: Whichever Champion lands the first hit will place a Curse on the opposing Champion which deals {1}% of their current Health as Direct Damage per second. Whenever a Champion with the Curse strikes the other Champion or if the Curse has been on the same Champion for {2} seconds, it passes to the other Champion.
    • Special Delivery: The Attacker begins the fight with {0} Combo charges which are lost with each landed basic attack. Launching a special attack resets the charges & if all charges run out, the Attacker suffers Degen equal to {1}% of the Defender's attack rating over {2} seconds and then the charges are reset.

Honor Milestones
    The Top Honor Milestone can only be earned by using all 5 Master Alliance Quest modifiers in a single series on 5x Map 7.

Alliance Quest Modifiers are a completely optional addition to Alliance Quests, and will be available on November 15th, as well as an update to the Glory Store and Rank Rewards, and an update to many Alliance Quest Mini-Bosses! More information on those are coming soon.
    Question: Are the bonus points added after the last round ends and not realtime to the daily total? I saw a reference to the bonus impacting your rank rewards, so I am hoping that's why our daily score does not seem to reflect the bonuses we've achieved. Just checking. Thanks.
  • Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    This **** is beyond frustrating. You’re forcing alliances to complete 5 days of this stuff to stay on top of the leaderboards.

Simple fix, leave this option, within the alliance only as side mission, etc. don’t force us to do this for extra bonus points. These SHOULDNT affect the leaderboards at all.
    Bryan_85 said:

This **** is beyond frustrating. You’re forcing alliances to complete 5 days of this stuff to stay on top of the leaderboards.

Simple fix, leave this option, within the alliance only as side mission, etc. don’t force us to do this for extra bonus points. These SHOULDNT affect the leaderboards at all.

They're not THAT bad so far. Thanos with bane was annoying. That's really the only one I see being a real pain though. Any alliance near the actual top of the leader boards should be able to handle them pretty easily
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Whats going on ?
    2nd day Also bug on points bonus 😠😠😠
    Please Don't Advertise broken game to the world ...

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    So what’s going to be done for those who experienced the bugs this week and consequently won’t be able to rank as high? Are you going to do an AQ compensation too? It’s not our fault you failed to implement this correctly.
  • JF79JF79 Posts: 2

Jaded said:

These will make OR so much harder.

Omega red is gone by the 15th. Not that the new mini boss won’t also be a problem. But omega red won’t see these.
    True. Wondering how hard of a champ they replace him with. Or need some pretty specific counters. I'm hoping the new boss has a better all around counter then DarkHawk.
    Yes cause darkhawk is horrible in my opinion. I have his as a 5* hero and I never use him due to how he is. Coulda done a better job making him for sure
  • Regarding an ally's current HONOR POINTS total not being visible anywhere during the AQ Series, what do people think of maybe the following...

*** IDEA... Turn the Honor Points into another type of Ally Event (on the EVENTS tab) like AQ Completion Event is. Would just be a Peak Milestone Event though. There you would be able to track your Honor Progress, and award you the Honor Milestone upon finish of AQ Series.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★
    Unless I've missed it, we've still not had confirmation that we will be getting compensation for this bug. Can we get some clarification on this? my alliance's potential score has been greatly impacted by this and we're not going to get anything from the honour rewards as we're still unable to select modifiers several days in!
  • Regarding an ally's current HONOR POINTS total not being visible anywhere during the AQ Series, what do people think of maybe the following...

*** IDEA... Turn the Honor Points into another type of Ally Event (on the EVENTS tab) like AQ Completion Event is. Would just be a Peak Milestone Event though. There you would be able to track your Honor Progress, and award you the Honor Milestone upon finish of AQ Series.

I think there's two problems with this verses just adding the honor points to the AQ screens. The first one is that it forces players to look in two different places for this information, and that's kind of annoying when it happens (for example, the only way to see arena rank is in the stash, not in the arena itself, but conversely you can't see points scored or tier awarded in the stash either unless you have the rewards memorized). The second one is a timing issue: if everyone starts AQ at different times, that could make that alliance event a little more tricky to set up (it might require more code, with more potential for bugs to creep in, relative to adding a point tally in the interface).