**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best champs for the collector

I've been stuck on 5.2.6 for quite a while and I was wondering what champs are good for the collector

Been saving units for a while but not so keen on spending them all

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Show your roster
  • Woah! Buy him/her a drink first why don't you.
  • Zizi1002Zizi1002 Posts: 99
    edited November 2019
    Lvernon15 said:

Show your roster

Sorry, games on mantanance
    Edit: now back up

• Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    Generally speaking you are likely to die relatively quickly and often when fighting the collector first time round (due to a combination of unblockable specials and Bane). It’s all about minimising the number of deaths, and you do that by hitting him with your roster once you’ve reach him, and then by reviving the individual champ that you can cause the most damage with before dying. Hulk was a classic choice because he’d generate extra fury when on low health. But any champ who hits hard and fast will do. As a bonus try a champ who can passively evade his specials. Sparky is good for that, and more recently Spider Gwen after the buff is good for that because she is guaranteed to evade his specials.

There’s no need to spend units though. Just get to the third milestone of the daily 22h events each day to farm lvl 1 revives, and look out for extra lvl 1 revives on the EQ paths. Once you’ve got a decent stash of those, roll on in and take him down.

Generally speaking you are likely to die relatively quickly and often when fighting the collector first time round (due to a combination of unblockable specials and Bane). It’s all about minimising the number of deaths, and you do that by hitting him with your roster once you’ve reach him, and then by reviving the individual champ that you can cause the most damage with before dying. Hulk was a classic choice because he’d generate extra fury when on low health. But any champ who hits hard and fast will do. As a bonus try a champ who can passively evade his specials. Sparky is good for that, and more recently Spider Gwen after the buff is good for that because she is guaranteed to evade his specials.

There’s no need to spend units though. Just get to the third milestone of the daily 22h events each day to farm lvl 1 revives, and look out for extra lvl 1 revives on the EQ paths. Once you’ve got a decent stash of those, roll on in and take him down.

Thank so I went in with a team of Blade, Thing, Starky, Hypiron, Havok, darkhawk
    Would you say that's good or needs improving.

P.S. all 4* except dark hawk(5*)
  • Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    Zizi1002 said:

Thank so I went in with a team of Blade, Thing, Starky, Hypiron, Havok, darkhawk

If you went in with that team I’d say you need to share the secret of how you took six champs into a quest.

But in all seriousness, those champs are fine. I’d probably ditch DH, simply because you’re never going to get to his SP3 against the collector, which is what you need to dish out some serious damage. Hyperion and Thing are also very good, but you may not last long enough to inflict a lot of damage with them. Blade might be your best option. Ideally I would take Sparky up to 5/50 and lean on him given that he’ll start with 3 poise charges due to Blade being there. But fundamentally, that’s a decent set of champs. If you have the skill to get to the collector with them, you should be able to take him down.

• KARAKUURIKARAKUURI Posts: 14
    tips for 5.2.4? I'm using 5* CG 4/55 awakened, 5* Killmonger 3/45, 4* starky max, 4* archangel max awakened, and 4* magik max awakened.

Zizi1002 said:

If you went in with that team I’d say you need to share the secret of how you took six champs into a quest.

But in all seriousness, those champs are fine. I’d probably ditch DH, simply because you’re never going to get to his SP3 against the collector, which is what you need to dish out some serious damage. Hyperion and Thing are also very good, but you may not last long enough to inflict a lot of damage with them. Blade might be your best option. Ideally I would take Sparky up to 5/50 and lean on him given that he’ll start with 3 poise charges due to Blade being there. But fundamentally, that’s a decent set of champs. If you have the skill to get to the collector with them, you should be able to take him down.

Makes sense I was thinking of champs I use and sometimes swap
    DH and havok thanks for the info tho
  • S_GrungiS_Grungi Posts: 69
    Currently at 5.2.6. Ran suicide mastery to get past 5.2.5. CG was my mvp. Used 6 revive 20%

• S_GrungiS_Grungi Posts: 69

Finally became uncollected. The collector wasn’t as hard as I thought he would be. CG did all the heavy work. Cost me a few revives no units
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I beat him with 5/50 Hyperion. I'd just figured out how to intercept with his sp1
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    18 revives with spidy and collector is down for sure