**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will I receive a ban?

TeamMeanGreenTeamMeanGreen Posts: 37
edited November 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
I have spent well over $1,000.... probably thousand(s), but plan on contacting apple for a refund on my latest purchase.

I purchased the advanced mastery booster pack, and invested into the inequity mastery which values at 2,200 units... only to find out afterwards that this is a mastery which had been admitted by kabam themselves that “ it is not working as intended.”

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63603/inequity-status#latest

They had their development team create a fix for it nearly two years ago, announced to launch it live, and then cancelled the fix hours before it was set to go live.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63603/inequity-status#latest

This Happened January of 2018, and they have ignored the issue every time it has come up since.

I spent hard earned money on the carb cores, waisted units rearranging masteries, and most importantly was ignored as an unhappy customer.

https://forums.prlaycontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/169539/please-acknowledge-this-known-issue#latest

I have heard gossip, and received in game mails about the subject, so I am curious to know... Do they ban over small refunds?

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    When did you buy the Carbo Cores and unlock Inequity ? If you just did that, then “maybe” you could request help thru Official Kabam Support for a refund of the Units and roll-back of the Cores and Mastery. Or maybe at least re-issuance of the Cores (and re-locking of Inequity) for you to use the Cores elsewhere in mastery.
    But you will NOT get a refund of the purchasing of the Units, as Units could still be used elsewhere in game.

If you did that a while ago, then no, nothing will be done.

And if you seek refund thru Apple/Google, that will result in a penalty by Kabam, and you will go into “Negative” Unit status until you repurchase that amount of Units again.
  • TeamMeanGreenTeamMeanGreen Posts: 37
    edited November 2019
    I didn’t realize that the mastery was broken until after I had purchased the advanced mastery booster pack for USD, and already “wasted” the cores on the inequity mastery- which I later learned on google that the definition of the word itself is “a lack of justice.” How fitting lol.

What would whole heartedly please me would be the game developers fixing this bug which they have already acknowledged, and told players that they will fix.

My confidence that they will do so however is very low, so yes if they are unwilling to do the work on the mastery. I would definitely! like to have a refund on the money that I was willing to work for.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    Apple won’t release your info so kabam can’t dock you. That being said if you knew it was broken and it was confirmed not sure there is much you can do. Now if you bought a bunch of boosts to complete content and the following day said boost was cut by 70% I’d say you have a fair claim.
  • Oops I accidentally posted the same forum link twice in the first comment. Below is a statement announcing the cancellation of their fix for the acknowledged bug.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/45077/upcoming-bug-fix-inequity-mastery-updated
  • plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    I feel as if you should have perhaps researched mastery that cost those resources prior to unlocking and using those masteries. Just as I would expect someone to research a champion before ranking them to a level that could be cost prohibitive. Just my opinion.
  • TeamMeanGreenTeamMeanGreen Posts: 37
    edited November 2019
    This is something that seriously needs to be pushed for! It has the potential to offer a %36 reduction to incoming attack!!

That is a large amount, ... but it really isnt when you stop and realize that kabam has increased their defender’s attack ratings by %500 in act 6
  • Apple won’t release your info so kabam can’t dock you.

If you ask for a refund Apple can do one of two things. They can simply hand you back your money, essentially as a refund from the App store itself. That doesn't get back to Kabam, but that is also rare. They can also reverse the transaction. This does get back to Kabam, because while they technically aren't informed of the identity of the person asking for the refund, they implicitly know which account got which transaction, as long as they kept records of which transaction went to which account.

Which Kabam currently does, because they now have a policy of locking cash and unit purchases of any account that executes a transaction of this type. See: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/145848/policy-change-for-refunds.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

It is pretty disgusting that the general consensus in this community is:
    we are a fool if we believe that any aspect of this game will work as advertised.

Reddit has a more chill community haha. You should check it out. But yeah, I think it's pathetic how Kabam handles some situations. They should at least say in the mastery description that it's broken.
  • A lot of people are probably opening up this link thinking that I might have cheated, or found an abusable exploit which is why I am absolutely positive a moderator has also read this forum post.

I’d love to hear your opinion on the situation mr. moderator!
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,721 ★★★★★
    Might as well put in a support ticket probably your best chance at getting a reply
  • tidusx2jrtidusx2jr Posts: 182 ★★
    @TeamMeanGreen you won't get banned for a refund, however this is where it gets tricky, what kabam will do is lock up your units and hit you with a penalty of negative units. I just went thru this myself. The only way you can get rid of the negative units, start to be able to earn any units again and unlock being able to make any purchases (either with units or usd) is to purchase a box of units kabam has in the units store. My account was hit with a negative of 5,996 units for something that was Kabam's fault and not my own but I ended up having to spend 60 bucks to fix the problem regardless..
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

It is pretty disgusting that the general consensus in this community is:
    we are a fool if we believe that any aspect of this game will work as advertised.

You haven't played this game long enough it seems.. if you had.. you'd know that's pretty much the case.. that's why i stopped spending money on it a while ago..
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Apple won’t release your info so kabam can’t dock you.

If you ask for a refund Apple can do one of two things. They can simply hand you back your money, essentially as a refund from the App store itself. That doesn't get back to Kabam, but that is also rare. They can also reverse the transaction. This does get back to Kabam, because while they technically aren't informed of the identity of the person asking for the refund, they implicitly know which account got which transaction, as long as they kept records of which transaction went to which account.

Which Kabam currently does, because they now have a policy of locking cash and unit purchases of any account that executes a transaction of this type. See: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/145848/policy-change-for-refunds.
    It is very rare for apple to charge this back, while apple has becoming increasingly difficult to gain refunds they have and continue to with hold any tracking information. Hence why you have only seen google play store accounts get docked, of all the refunds I have seen none of those that have been docked are on iOS device, this is one of the great things about apple. Not saying they couldn’t but it is extremely rare and not something they fuss over. Kabam needs apple way more than apple needs them.
  • In other news... Deep wounds, assassin, mystical dispersion, and suicides, are all extremely common masteries because most people realize how helpful they are...

Does anyone realize how helpful Inequity has the potential to be?!? Obviously it can’t be used by everyone because it requires inflicting 6 debuffs to reach its full potential, but it offers a -36% decrease in incoming attack!!!! No more taking thousands of hitpoints in block damage!!
  • @plpkok Actually I am waiting to see what the ten “new powerful masteries” are that will be coming soon.
    Maybe it is just me, but I don't feel bad for anyone making a purchase that was specifically named as not working. Not just in this game but in all aspects. You're an adult, research before you make purchases or deal with the consequences. I won't buy any item of cost/value without looking into it first.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

In other news... Deep wounds, assassin, mystical dispersion, and suicides, are all extremely common masteries because most people realize how helpful they are...

Does anyone realize how helpful Inequity has the potential to be?!? Obviously it can’t be used by everyone because it requires inflicting 6 debuffs to reach its full potential, but it offers a -36% decrease in incoming attack!!!! No more taking thousands of hitpoints in block damage!!

I feel like someone that knows this much about one of the masteries and seems to do research given your initial post, would've done some looking around or confirmed with your alliance before investing. That's just me though.
  • I didn’t though. I read the masteries with carb cores on hand available to spend, and when I read that I could reduce incoming attacks by 36% by applying 6 debuffs I jumped all over it, because that plays right into my favorite character. CapIW. It is super easy to apply 6 debuffs with him.
    Look at the positive, you have learned a life lesson. Do your research or deal with what you get. This will save you money in the future.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

I didn’t though. I read the masteries with carb cores on hand available to spend, and when I read that I could reduce incoming attacks by 36% by applying 6 debuffs I jumped all over it, because that plays right into my favorite character. CapIW. It is super easy to apply 6 debuffs with him.

At most if you ask for a refund, Kabam will dock your account into the negative for what you refunded in units. You can only buy your way out of that hole. Honestly, I get that the mastery might have some issue with it, but I don't think it's fair if you get a refund and don't get docked either. More so if you haven't even submitted a support ticket first. It's very possible that if the mastery is that broken, they'll reverse what was done. You seem to want to skip right past that because you found out it was broken. You need to follow the proper steps.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    edited November 2019

I have spent well over $1,000.... probably thousand(s), but plan on contacting apple for a refund on my latest purchase.

I purchased the advanced mastery booster pack, and invested into the inequity mastery which values at 2,200 units... only to find out afterwards that this is a mastery which had been admitted by kabam themselves that “ it is not working as intended.” ...

There is no requirement that you pay in cash for unlocking Masteries, the Units needed are easily earned in game thru regular playing and progress. Or even if accumulated by buying Unit Paks, those are often filled with other valuable game items in addition to the Units.

The Masteries are even twice removed from any real money spent anyways. Your money bought Units which can be used for a lot of different things (but did you get anything else in the Units Pak that you also used elsewhere). Then Units were spend on Mastery Cores, which have also been available at no cost in a few selected in-game rewards areas over the years. And then the Cores were used to unlock a mastery, but they can be used for a whole lot of different Masteries. There is no direct one-to-one correlation of having to spend real money assigned to unlock a specific mastery, nor that the mastery in question is a requirement in order to unlock some additional game content or quests.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

When did you buy the Carbo Cores and unlock Inequity ? If you just did that, then “maybe” you could request help thru Official Kabam Support for a refund of the Units and roll-back of the Cores and Mastery. Or maybe at least re-issuance of the Cores (and re-locking of Inequity) for you to use the Cores elsewhere in mastery.
    But you will NOT get a refund of the purchasing of the Units, as Units could still be used elsewhere in game.

If you did that a while ago, then no, nothing will be done.

And if you seek refund thru Apple/Google, that will result in a penalty by Kabam, and you will go into “Negative” Unit status until you repurchase that amount of Units again.

Wow... is that true. That they issues penalty to players like that? That feels... wrong!
    They should be open to solve this directly with the customer, by somehow letting him invest the same amount of cores in another mastery or something like that. If you purchase something to unlock a function in the game, that it turns out does not work as advertised, that should make you eligible for a refund, or a reasonable compensation. You cannot feel that it is reasonable to require that the customer goes to the games forum, looking for information on the mastery, and check for indication that it isn't working as intended beforehand.
    I believe the key word here is customer, and whether the company behind the game looks after their customers. Because we are not only players, we are customers also, and all of the revenue from this game comes from customers in one way or another.
  • Dna3000 provided the forum link describing the policy change higher up in the thread.
This discussion has been closed.