**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Planetary Boost and more...

Comments

• MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★

First it's OP then it's so meh that it's almost not even worth applying it. No tests on them is clearly the reason.

That’s what makes this one worse...there was a test...an invitational beta where users like Lagacy saw the broken boost, said nothing and then benefit when it goes live.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★

MattMan said:

Lvernon15 said:

To be fair it was pretty op, I got the havok boss down during my indestructible with cmm, I think the nerf is a bit severe though, make it 60% or something

If we're talking about fair, the fact that you got to go through that boss w/ the boost and most other can't is the real issue.
    Exactly. I can’t believe more people aren’t outraged by this

Most people don't know about it as they aren't entering 6.3 yet.. or don't think it affects them.. but that may change as more people get into 6.3 and realize how much of an advantage those who had this boost were afforded..

What I find sad about this though.. if the person streaming wasn't a well known you-tuber.. i'm pretty sure they would have been negatively affected.. I'm seeing more and more how changes are made to this game when only a certain few people complain.. regardless what the majority of the community want.. it's strange that they cater to BG so much and he doesn't even contribute any money to the game.. he wanted the map 7 costs changed.. that was done within a week of him making a video.. now he was complaining about this cosmic boost for 6.3.. the very next day it gets changed..
    Yup. Keep the Youtubers happy and keep the free advertising going
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    MattMan said:

Lvernon15 said:

To be fair it was pretty op, I got the havok boss down during my indestructible with cmm, I think the nerf is a bit severe though, make it 60% or something

If we're talking about fair, the fact that you got to go through that boss w/ the boost and most other can't is the real issue.
    Exactly. I can’t believe more people aren’t outraged by this

MattMan said:

First it's OP then it's so meh that it's almost not even worth applying it. No tests on them is clearly the reason.

That’s what makes this one worse...there was a test...an invitational beta where users like Lagacy saw the broken boost, said nothing and then benefit when it goes live.
    There were many more that also knew and took advantage. This was not very hush hush around the community from what I’ve been seeing and reading. Which makes it a true exploit, worse than those that ran a quest for a small revive an ungodly amount of times. The problem is so many people took advantage that you don’t see people complain because they don’t want docked. Or they don’t want there alliance hurt!
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    There will be additional legend titles given out. The regular, determined amount will still get there’s without the boost working.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    To be fair to the other beta testers for 6.3, the beta was ran over 2-3 days (on a weekend too) and it was impossible to test every single boost and every single buff.

I only had time to properly test 6.3.1 over that weekend and didn’t even know about this boost being so OP.

The bosses, however, were extensively tested by the other testers I believe, and were nerfed accordingly, like adding bleed vulnerability to medusa to make her much much easier.

• Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    SDP said:

I watched the stream. Lags had no idea until about three hours in. Even so, it was in the beta.

You really don't think that was all staged.. to make it seem like it wasn't known beforehand?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

SDP said:

I watched the stream. Lags had no idea until about three hours in. Even so, it was in the beta.

You really don't think that was all staged.. to make it seem like it wasn't known beforehand?
    Iirc he "coincidentally" found out about the boost when he just completed 6.3.3, which unlocks the boost.

From a logical point of view, it doesn't make alot of sense to go for the Legends run prior to the Cyber Monday offers. Idk. He's young, could simply be that he's more eager and impulsive than I am for the run.
  • Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
    @Kabam Zibiit Atlease some kind of acknowledgement would be appreciated. We have faith in the legit and competitive way of the game and when a significant percentage of player base can enjoy the cheesy way and others grind..its not fair!
  • Das_gi said:

I just think it’s BS that you let the whales, with the most diverse roster anyway, take advantage of a boost they already knew about from the beta and then change it for everybody else. And on top of that you already know that they will have the fastest times because of taking advantage of this boost and just consider them “bonus legends”. So they get the rewards for taking advantage of your mistakes and the rest of us just need to deal with the other ****?

How is this fair? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

It is not fair, in the same sense that when players attempt legends runs early and the content is bugged against them, they don't generally get compensation for the content being harder than it was intended to be.

It is a bad look, but absent any actual proof of deliberate wrong doing this appears to be just one of those bugs whose bell you cannot unring. That's the thing about bugs: not all of them can be entirely remedied.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    MattMan said:

SDP said:

There will be additional legend titles given out. The regular, determined amount will still get there’s without the boost working.

You’re missing the point. Why should some people have an easier time doing 6.3 than others? Why reward sketchy behaviour?

SDP said:

xNig said:

SDP said:

Iirc he "coincidentally" found out about the boost when he just completed 6.3.3, which unlocks the boost.

From a logical point of view, it doesn't make alot of sense to go for the Legends run prior to the Cyber Monday offers. Idk. He's young, could simply be that he's more eager and impulsive than I am for the run.
    I guess I don’t really know, guys. It is a bit suspect that some will have an easier time than others. I will fully admit that I had no idea It wasn’t intended, and used him for like 5 paths. I was told it was in the beta. Perhaps I am being naive.
  • zeezee57 said:

It could easily be remedied by acknowledging the issue of fairness and leaving it as it was for everyone else.

When I say it can't be remedied, I mean that in the context of all the other requirements for actually running the game. If the problem is as dramatic as people are claiming, it can't be allowed to remain in the game. You can't fix a fairness problem by introducing a completely broken game item and say that's the easy remedy. Or rather, you can if you're crazy, but you're just trading one bad problem for an even worse problem just so you can say you are "fair." That's software development theater.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

zeezee57 said:

It could easily be remedied by acknowledging the issue of fairness and leaving it as it was for everyone else.

When I say it can't be remedied, I mean that in the context of all the other requirements for actually running the game. If the problem is as dramatic as people are claiming, it can't be allowed to remain in the game. You can't fix a fairness problem by introducing a completely broken game item and say that's the easy remedy. Or rather, you can if you're crazy, but you're just trading one bad problem for an even worse problem just so you can say you are "fair." That's software development theater.
    You could only get 5 of them, which isn't even half of his 11.5 hour run. How is that so dramatic that they had to nerf it into the ground?
  • DNA3000 said:

zeezee57 said:

You could only get 5 of them, which isn't even half of his 11.5 hour run. How is that so dramatic that they had to nerf it into the ground?
    By definition if the impact of them was not significant, the nerf is also not significant. The nerf can only be significant if it takes significant power away from the players. I can't address how dramatic the effect is, because drama is not a game mechanics metric.
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    @RagamugginGunner Watch the video of his damage pre nerf and then do the path yourself with the current boost and see the difference for yourself.
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    Also, to whoever said he was young and restless so he did it early, C'mon man. Didnt the guy wait for legends run in 6.2 or 6.1 if I'm not mistaken. And the "I didn't know they were so OP" was such an act. It's disgusting behaviour, shows the kinda person he'd grow up to be sadly. Anyhow, it's just a game right?
    DNA3000 said:

zeezee57 said:

The boost may have been Overpowering, but with the health pools and attack it was fitting. To say it was broken would imply it wasn't working right. It was working exactly as it was written. It's misleading to call it broken. I for one could care less about legends run, but I do care that many people bought this boost with the intention of being able to clear those paths a lot easier which is what the boost are for. Now this boost is awful and not worth the 2000 units people spent on it.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Kabam is notorious for overcorrections (Dr. Strange nerf overdose, etc).

Maybe kabam will offer us a new boost that will synergize with this one and make it not be complete trash?
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    In typical Kabam fashion, they nerf a boost THEY wrote and THEY didn't test because it helped the players too much. But yet STILL Mysterio with Acid Wash is still in Act 6.3. Unless you have Man-thing or (sort of) King Groot, you will spend hundreds of units to pass this fight. Remove Mysterio or change the node as well if you want to be a fair company!
  • The boost may have been Overpowering, but with the health pools and attack it was fitting. To say it was broken would imply it wasn't working right. It was working exactly as it was written.

Most people use the word "broken" to mean one of three things: one: the implementation isn't working properly; two: the implementation does not match the design intent,; or three: the design itself is flawed given the design requirements.

In other words, if the thing was intended to be 6, but it was written to be 66, that's an obvious bug, even though it was written to be 66. But if it was intended to be prime and it was decided to be 6 and written as 6, it is still bugged because the decision to make it 6 was wrong: 6 isn't prime.

The idea that something is not broken if it works "as written" fails to account for all the places something can be broken. It suggests that typos don't exist, that errors in design don't exist, and incomplete specifications for designs don't exist. It says a bridge that collapses isn't broken, if it behaved exactly as the laws of physics dictate. It was designed a particular way, it was constructed exactly as designed, the laws of physics operated as they always do, and thus the resulting pile of rubble is not broken.
    DNA3000 said:

The boost may have been Overpowering, but with the health pools and attack it was fitting. To say it was broken would imply it wasn't working right. It was working exactly as it was written.

Most people use the word "broken" to mean one of three things: one: the implementation isn't working properly; two: the implementation does not match the design intent,; or three: the design itself is flawed given the design requirements.

In other words, if the thing was intended to be 6, but it was written to be 66, that's an obvious bug, even though it was written to be 66. But if it was intended to be prime and it was decided to be 6 and written as 6, it is still bugged because the decision to make it 6 was wrong: 6 isn't prime.

The idea that something is not broken if it works "as written" fails to account for all the places something can be broken. It suggests that typos don't exist, that errors in design don't exist, and incomplete specifications for designs don't exist. It says a bridge that collapses isn't broken, if it behaved exactly as the laws of physics dictate. It was designed a particular way, it was constructed exactly as designed, the laws of physics operated as they always do, and thus the resulting pile of rubble is not broken.
    You can spin it all you want but the fact is, it was written as 90%. Not a typo of 22 or some other random prime number you give. It worked exactly like it was designed and intended. They intended it to provide "X" amount of armor reduction and damage, based on "X" amount of percentage. The problem was it was more damage than they wanted. So still not broken, no matter how you try to spin it.