**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Map 5 Hyperion

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Anyone notice how much more difficult the map 5 Hype miniboss got? Seems like he’s a lot harder to bait

Comments

• Options
    FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    I have noticed this as well
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    1 words void
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    3 words. Learn to bait.
  • Options
    jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    I personally find it easier to bait when you push him to his corner. He seems to fire off his sp more often when he has no where to back up. Maybe it's just me.
  • Options
    dicdatordicdator Posts: 27
    I was not forced because I have Magik :smiley:
  • Options
    Gr8CornholioGr8Cornholio Posts: 87
    dicdator said:

How does Magik work when he puts whatever power control you use back on you? Asking for a friend. (Literally because we do map 6&7)
  • Options

dicdator said:

How does Magik work when he puts whatever power control you use back on you? Asking for a friend. (Literally because we do map 6&7)
    You should use sp2 continuously. And if you use parry well you will not have a problem :)
  • Options

• Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    My 4* Luke Cage destroys him every day.
    On day 3-5 I timeout tho
  • Options

I play by turning off dexterity. Hyperion is constantly using sp1 and sp2. Then I throw sp2 with Magik.Power block is already easy after eating.
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★

dicdator said:

His power control lasts longer than yours. It's a wide enough disparity that you can get yourself up to a bar of power before he starts gaining his own. Then it doesn't take long to get back to a sp2.

The toughest part is the beginning. Need to bait him successfully 3 or 4 times because of your power lock to start before you're at that sp2.
  • Options
    Thanks. Have forwarded the thread link to my friend
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Not sure why Luke Cage or even she Hulk haven't been mentioned. Both of them can easily get past Hyperion. But I agree Hyperion is surely a tough boss.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    She hulk is my champ for him...yea i have to time out sometimes when RNG doesnt favour me during the empathic lock phase but once I get a fury or two,the fight just goes smoothly...he throws his specials easily and both sp1 exhaustion and sp2 petrify help cancel out his power gain
  • Options
    CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    Doc Oc FTW. My duped 6* one shots him consistently. Power lock all the way
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

Not sure why Luke Cage or even she Hulk haven't been mentioned. Both of them can easily get past Hyperion. But I agree Hyperion is surely a tough boss.

LC is solid, but you have to stack exhaustion. I've gone 40 hits into that fight withought getting one. Since my 6* isn't duped I can't tank a special so I die. At times Hyp will dash back at the start and fold up until red. Others he pops his sp1 regularly. It's a luck based fight if you're going to one shot him. Guys in my alliance use Sym Sup, I stick to Magik.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    -sixate- said:

LC is solid, but you have to stack exhaustion. I've gone 40 hits into that fight withought getting one. Since my 6* isn't duped I can't tank a special so I die. At times Hyp will dash back at the start and fold up until red. Others he pops his sp1 regularly. It's a luck based fight if you're going to one shot him. Guys in my alliance use Sym Sup, I stick to Magik.
    Frankly I find doc ock is probably the best guy for that Hyperion. LC duped and she Hulk maybe on 2nd spot. SS is great but the initial power lock on SS can be tricky at times. If SS is duped then that additional stagger helps. I personally take down map 5 hyperions even on day 5 with my LC 5r4 dupe. When the global buff gives science class negative attack , that is when I time out on day 4,5. I also have SS r4 unduped but not with LC level success.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Lol they added hype to make more people spend units to get doom
  • Options
    Kenny262000Kenny262000 Posts: 23
    Is Symbiote supreme working correctly against map 5 hype, 2nd miniboss? I’ve been taking a full health 5/50 4* Symbiote supreme in against him and typically he works as intended but twice this week he hit me with a special 3 while null’s shadow was active and dropped me from above 95% health to completely dead. I’m pretty sure that I know how null’s shadow and the nodes that are on this Hyperion but I’m having a hard time understanding what exactly is going on.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    -sixate- said:

Your 4* LC should be duped
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

-sixate- said:

Lol, well at 16k prestige with 270k health on day 5 a 4* isn't gonna cut it. And my 4* is only R1 because my 4* roster doesn't get used at this point.
  • Options
    -sixate- said:

Seraphion said:

-sixate- said:

Lol, well at 16k prestige with 270k health on day 5 a 4* isn't gonna cut it. And my 4* is only R1 because my 4* roster doesn't get used at this point.
    I killed the first hyperion today with my 4*

I timeout once. But you are not blocking alot in this fight anyway.

If you think we are low prestige (we play tier 4 in war)

If your problem is getting killed with your LC by hyperion SP3 your 4* might be better (also the cost to rank up is not very high)

Remember you can also pause the fight if hype hits SP3 before he uses it if you want to keep using your 6*