**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts god tier no more.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
I was so happy when I r5 sig 200 my stark enhanced Spider-Man. He’s still great and use him a lot but the newer champs are just so much better. I’m lucky I got a Corvus r5 he’s been my workhorse with my gulk.

But Medusa, used to be great on defense and killing but now she’s meh and seems not as good.
My sabertooth takes to much time to be great then Your out if charges.
Guilotine was good now she’s blah(she was never great)
And my ultron lost his job to stark now he sits waiting for an arena turn.

I know some old characters will get buffs I’m enjoying colossus. But the ones I listed won’t. And they will get worse and worse to play. Lucky some synergies help.

What did you used to play but now their underperforming. For me it’s stark.

Comments

• Sparky will never go out of style. I am disappointed by how quickly some “great” champions are phased out, but I don’t believe Sparky is one of them (nor is a buff needed).

Medusa is still godtier. Between her armor shatter, poison immunity, triple fury/autoblock, she’s still got it. Not as strong as a defender as previously (people learn to fight champs eventually), but still a great option.

ST is another great ramp-up Champion. I don’t like how it’s a random draw of 3-6 charges (as I usually get 3 or 4), but I can easily get him to 15+ fury and save for the boss. They should modify him though so he’s guaranteed 6 charges per quest.

Ultron is stronger than the Avengers combined. They could really ramp him up (maybe something as simple as an additional attack bonus per quest based on Avengers defeated - similar to Corvus). He’s definitely due for a buff though.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Medusa I do agree, she definitely feels a little underwhelming but she’s still great for the AQ robots.

Sparky is definitely falling out of the meta but I love how fluid is playstyle is - I still bring him into Map 6 to take out Thanos sometimes, still so much fun and his 10 poise damage is nothing short of fantastic. He’s also great for some low-risk V3 runs.

Sabertooth I’ve always had a soft spot for, and I run him fairly often to synergise with my Omega. ST was actually pivotal for my 5.4 exploration - with the KM synergy and 15-16 furies, I was able to solo the 5.4.6 Ultron 6/8 times using no items or boosts, made the fight so easy it felt like cheating :smile:
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Stark was I think my 7th 5 star champ. Total beast and used him for most content but now I hardly use him. Dont remember using him a single time in all of Act 6 so far tbh and I have explored 6.1 and completed 6.2 and 6.3(only have a roster rating of 620k so its not like I am loaded). There are just better champs with more utility and an easier playstyle/ramp up.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Voodoo. Personally still love him but there’s better options for what he does.

Angela. Still great but once looked like insane damage numbers don’t look that way so much any longer.

Crossbones. Another still good champ but there are better, more reliable options now for AAR, though his non crit ability is still tops.

Star Lord. Essentially replaced by a better version of him in Aegon.

Spidey Classic was if nothing else once a defensive God along with Nightcrawler.

Going way back, Captain Marvel Classic was many people’s first 5/4. Poison immune and hit hard for the day.

• G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★

I was so happy when I r5 sig 200 my stark enhanced Spider-Man. He’s still great and use him a lot but the newer champs are just so much better. I’m lucky I got a Corvus r5 he’s been my workhorse with my gulk.

But Medusa, used to be great on defense and killing but now she’s meh and seems not as good.
    My sabertooth takes to much time to be great then Your out if charges.
    Guilotine was good now she’s blah(she was never great)
    And my ultron lost his job to stark now he sits waiting for an arena turn.

I know some old characters will get buffs I’m enjoying colossus. But the ones I listed won’t. And they will get worse and worse to play. Lucky some synergies help.

What did you used to play but now their underperforming. For me it’s stark.

LoL just used my R5 sig 200 Starky to help clear act 6 ch3....You probably need learn to evade and bait out specials more, instead of all the perry and block.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    A lot of those champions you’ve listed are still great. Just cause there is new champions doesn’t mean they are better, it means they are different. Kabam is doing a lot of different things with champs these days, with pre-fight abilities and special synergy’s. The older champions like Medusa and stark spidey can still do a lot of work for you. Medusa can completely shut down robots, what new champion can do that? Stark spidey still has that amazing quick damage output, sure so do a lot of the new champions but for me I like how it’s quite a quick ramp up. Get the 8-9 poise, dex here and there, hits really hard. Not to mention the taunt and power drain ability’s. They’re still very relevant I’d say, but if you disagree that’s okay.