**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing Alliance Quest Modifiers

Comments

• ubiquitousWindubiquitousWind Posts: 113
    We didn’t get the bonus points for the last day of AQ, as of my typing this message. We finished with 149.6 million points and would have had about 156-157 million points with the bonus points. Not sure if that is part of the issues mentioned throughout this thread. All three of our BGs finished the map, so that’s clearly not why we didn’t get the bonus.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I can’t believe there hasn’t been any communication on how to fix this week’s AQ. Not even a real acknowledgement that there was a mess up and you’re looking into making things right. I mean I guess I can believe it. Typical Kabam MO.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

I can’t believe there hasn’t been any communication on how to fix this week’s AQ. Not even a real acknowledgement that there was a mess up and you’re looking into making things right. I mean I guess I can believe it. Typical Kabam MO.

They said they're aware and it's being looked into in the thread in the bug forum
    edited November 2019

RoninMan said:

They said they're aware and it's being looked into in the thread in the bug forum
    They’re aware of what? They never officially acknowledged anything about the modifiers not working on day 1. Only about points not calculated correctly on day 5 and delayed rewards
    RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

They’re aware of what? They never officially acknowledged anything about the modifiers not working on day 1. Only about points not calculated correctly on day 5 and delayed rewards
    They were working though. Completion rewards for day 5 just went out. The correct bonus rank and honor points are showing even though they displayed to not be so
    We're showing the top honor milestone achieved now which is only possible if the correct honor points were being issued all week. They'll just end up having to resend honor milestone rewards
  • Only problem for Kabam is gonna be if the initial Mail Eewards for Honor was of a DIFFERENT TYPE from what your Final Milestone Reward Type is.

If it is just a matter of sending you out some additional fragments of the same type as in the earlier reward msg, that should be simple enough for them to do.

Only problem for Kabam is gonna be if the initial Mail Eewards for Honor was of a DIFFERENT TYPE from what your Final Milestone Reward Type is.

If it is just a matter of sending you out some additional fragments of the same type as in the earlier reward msg, that should be simple enough for them to do.

No I think they'll just end up sending honor rewards again at what your actual milestone ended up so you'll end up having received two different milestones as opposed to the one
    edited November 2019

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

They were working though. Completion rewards for day 5 just went out. The correct bonus rank and honor points are showing even though they displayed to not be so
    No they weren’t. Haven’t you read the comments? People were unable to start AQ with modifiers on the first day. I just saw our rank in game and we dropped 100 ranks because of this. We dropped a bracket because of Kabam’s screwup. That’s what I want them to acknowledge and send compensation for.
  • IcejrIcejr Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    We should Take Top 20 Position ,
    Not 33 With Broken A/Q.

Our prestige with Map 7 x 5Days We should Take more than 505M but we Got 499M only Which Is Broken I can say.

Here is My Calculation and here Is That we got ,

So A/Q Is Broken !!!

Please Fix This @Kabam Miike

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

RoninMan said:

No they weren’t. Haven’t you read the comments? People were unable to start AQ with modifiers on the first day. I just saw our rank in game and we dropped 100 ranks because of this. We dropped a bracket because of Kabam’s screwup. That’s what I want them to acknowledge and send compensation for.
    Oh I thought you were talking about the visual bug I'm sorry. Yes I'm aware some alliances were not able to use modifiers at the start and hope they address it but based off the daylight savings day 6 situation and the downtime last week I wouldn't get your hopes up too high
  • @Worknprogress , Final HONOR Milestone Rewards are now out. Looks like they did NOT send out a 2nd Mail msg (with either additional or full corrected amount), instead my original mail msg (which I did NOT claim yet) had been revised in my in-box to reflect the full/correct amount of Milestone Reward that it should have been all along.

Guessing if ppl did already claim the original amount, then maybe Kabam will “adjust” your inventory instead (so don’t think those ppl will see a 2nd Mail msg either) ??

@Worknprogress , Final HONOR Milestone Rewards are now out. Looks like they did NOT send out a 2nd Mail msg (with either additional or full corrected amount), instead my original mail msg (which I did NOT claim yet) had been revised in my in-box to reflect the full/correct amount of Milestone Reward that it should have been all along.

Guessing if ppl did already claim the original amount, then maybe Kabam will “adjust” your inventory instead (so don’t think those ppl will see a 2nd Mail msg either) ??

I claimed the initial and then got the final. I dont keep track of t2a enough to know if it was removed
    Also just got rank rewarda
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    These modifiers are a stupid system if you choose not to do them you now get less rewards than you did before they were introduced.
    Markjv81 said:

These modifiers are a stupid system if you choose not to do them you now get less rewards than you did before they were introduced.

So you like getting more points from running a more difficult map than another alliance, but dont like when another alliance gets more points from running a more difficult version of the map than you?

Markjv81 said:

So you like getting more points from running a more difficult map than another alliance, but dont like when another alliance gets more points from running a more difficult version of the map than you?
    Completely irrelevant to my post, the fact is you now get less rewards for doing the exact same content as a week ago.

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Completely irrelevant to my post, the fact is you now get less rewards for doing the exact same content as a week ago.

No you dont. You get the same exact amount of points as you did before. The difference is there's a way for others to earn more points now. You're not receiving less for what you're doing, others are doing more to receive additional points.

Your rank was never guaranteed beforehand. Other alliances could pass you in prestige and you'd drop rank and potentially earn less rewards. Now there is another way besides prestige for an alliance to outrank you. What you have to decide is, are the additional points worth the additional effort and to what extent? You can always increase prestige or map difficulty (if you arent running map 7 already) to increase point totals as well

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

No you dont. You get the same exact amount of points as you did before. The difference is there's a way for others to earn more points now. You're not receiving less for what you're doing, others are doing more to receive additional points.

So less rewards for the same content, good I’m glad we are on the same page.
    edited November 2019
    The only guaranteed rewards you got beforehand were milestones and completion and exploration rewards each day. Those have not changed at all
  • Markjv81 said:

You mean like when they added Map 6 and again when they added Map 7? If you didn't do them and others did, you would then be getting lower rank rewards.

The game has no obligation to give you the same rank in a competition if other players choose to do more than you.

For the vast majority of players, the system is fairly easy to use, and fairly easy to get more rewards out of for virtually zero extra effort. My alliance is fairly chill, doesn't do Map 6, only used Normal and Heroic modifiers, was locked out of the system on the first day, and we got enough bonus points to move up one tier on peak milestones AND moved up a bit in rank. And except for the officers that had to remember to turn them on, this cost the players in the alliance virtually nothing. I didn't see any evidence of a significant hardship being experienced.

Falling behind on rank rewards if you choose to ignore the system isn't stupid, it is what's supposed to happen. That's how competition works. But what's important is that across all players, we're getting more rewards. And it is only costing people more to get those rewards if they try to apply more modifiers than they can handle, which is entirely their choice.
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

So less rewards for the same content, good I’m glad we are on the same page.
    You don't seem to understand this at all. Your rank is never guaranteed. My alliance was #1 in AQ for a while. Another alliance passed us in prestige. We no longer got the rewards for being #1 but were still running the same map everyday.

Another alliance utilized an option to score higher than us just like other did with you apparently. I already gave you the options you have to try to get your rank back. If you and your alliance can't or are unwilling to do that, the alliances that are willing to do more will be rewarded for doing so. It's not rocket science
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

You mean like when they added Map 6 and again when they added Map 7?
    Yes exactly like that.
    You're pretty special aren't ya?
    As special as a person who tries to insult over the internet.
    Look man, I'm not trying to get into more of a back and forth than has already happened. People who are willing to do more will get more that's just common sense. If you're not willing to do more then you will fall behind. You're not getting less for what you did people are just doing more to get more than what you're already getting. It's pretty simple
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

Yes exactly like that.
    Look man, I'm not trying to get into more of a back and forth than has already happened. People who are willing to do more will get more that's just common sense. If you're not willing to do more then you will fall behind. You're not getting less for what you did people are just doing more to get more than what you're already getting. It's pretty simple
    Don’t want to do back and forth, continually replies to my posts. My point still stands, a week ago 6x5 gave X rewards, now for doing the exact same content it gives less than X.
    @Markjv81 numbers and proof to support this, would make the point not only valid but valuable to the community and too Kabam.

My alliance didn't see less rewards; we analyzed not going for multipliers as an OK option to sustain rewards. We eventually decided to go for it, and we actually did better in AQ with modifiers as it seems other alliances couldn't keep the pace. This is good from a complexity standpoint and to differentiate alliances in more appropriate ranks due to their strategies and capabilities to overcome the increased difficulty.
    KwAmOn said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

Yes exactly like that.
    Don’t want to do back and forth, continually replies to my posts. My point still stands, a week ago 6x5 gave X rewards, now for doing the exact same content it gives less than X.
    @Markjv81 numbers and proof to support this, would make the point not only valid but valuable to the community and too Kabam.

My alliance didn't see less rewards; we analyzed not going for multipliers as an OK option to sustain rewards. We eventually decided to go for it, and we actually did better in AQ with modifiers as it seems other alliances couldn't keep the pace. This is good from a complexity standpoint and to differentiate alliances in more appropriate ranks due to their strategies and capabilities to overcome the increased difficulty.
    The second paragraph of your post pretty much proves the first, the fact that you went up in rank with modifiers means that others who usually rank higher than you went down because they didn’t do it.

But to fill your curiosity, this was our situation,
    Usually we score about 330 mil and rank top 250 map 6 all 5 days, this AQ we ran modifiers on days 2-5 (no option to choose on day 1), we scored 362 mil and ranked 241. Therefore its reasonable to assume that doing standard map 6 5 times would have had us rank outside the top 250, thus the less rewards for same content.
  • Markjv81 said:

Usually we score about 330 mil and rank top 250 map 6 all 5 days, this AQ we ran modifiers on days 2-5 (no option to choose on day 1), we scored 362 mil and ranked 241. Therefore its reasonable to assume that doing standard map 6 5 times would have had us rank outside the top 250, thus the less rewards for same content.

So you DID do Modifiers, and got a higher score, and a better Rank, (and would have been even better if Day-1 had not been broken for your ally), and got more overall rewards because of it. Doesn’t look like the Modifiers prevented you from finishing your maps this week (?)

Think of it this way, in comparing it to recent AW enhancements (in higher tier wars)...
    AW recently added ability to set additional buffs on nodes.
    You are NOT REQUIRED to do so.
    But if you don’t, then your opponents would have an easier time than your ally, and would probably cost your ally valuable points and/or wins, and thus Season ranking too.
    Were you just as outraged in being forced to do extra AW difficulty just to keep up with others ?

Guess they could have just forcibly decided to add a bunch of these new Modifier Buffs onto different day's AQ maps, without any ability to choose for yourselves which ones you want to do.
    Guess that would have made it an even playing field.
    But they decided to give more flexibility and let ally's choose their own buffs.
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    Markjv81 said:

KwAmOn said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

DNA3000 said:

Markjv81 said:

Yes exactly like that.

The second paragraph of your post pretty much proves the first, the fact that you went up in rank with modifiers means that others who usually rank higher than you went down because they didn’t do it.

@Markjv81 well it's the same map, but not same content. The modifiers are in it's definition, modifying the content. In summary, I guess this is just a matter of perspective. My alliance scored 226 with mods in maps 2-5 too; and we had fun with the added difficulty. It was a refresh and helps to move our from a comfort zone, without spendin more Gold, Battle Chips & Loyalty to try Map7.

Also you have to include the fact that your alliance got better or more rewards based on Honor Points, and you probably scored higher rank this time because some alliances tried the increased dificulty, but couldn't complete as our alliances did. Finally, I guess it's just a matter of looking at those T5B fragments that cna be earned for honor and determine if it's worth it for your alliance based on the difficulty.