**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

why is king groot so weak

i just r5 my king groot in the hopes that his damage output would get better at r5 but he is just as strong as when he was r3. is this a bug? he definitely needs to be fixed. my normal hits are between 100 and 300 and my crits are between 500 and 700. it takes him 90 hits to kill a masters event quest opponent all my other r5 champs take 30 or less. please explain this one kabam.

Comments

• Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    It's just the way he works
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    He doesn't need a fix.
    He is a tanker. He has low attack, but has the biggest HP in the game. Also he has lots of regen.
    He isn't the best option for attack
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I find him to be a great option for attack if you can manage and control the fight. A permanent armor break with sp1 and a massive regen on sp3 (just make sure fury is active when you use it) I imagine at r5 you should be able to clear ROL. It will take a while but I've beaten the first two with my awakened r4
  • Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    i use KG in aq. love running through tech syms and killing that heal block so he can regen! as others have said, hes a massive tank! youbrrally have to try to ko him...lol
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    When you consider his regen potential against his damage output his regen more than makes up for his lack of damage. He has the most reliable regen in game and probably the second or third best overall regen in game. If you look at other heavy utility champions like psylocke, dorm, vision, GR, etc they all have below average damage output but are still amazing champions because of their utility.
  • Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    he is a tank
  • Options
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Kings don't fight. They only sit on their thrones and order people what to do. When it comes to fight they only run

Actually historically many kings have fought in battle alongside their troops.
  • Options
    andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    i know he is a tank but his damage still needs a buff. also he doesnt do very good on defense in my experience. regen doesnt make up for damage. x23 damage is 5× better than his and she has good regen. wolverine damage is 4x better than him and he has the best regen in the game. i do not see how this justifies him hitting like a wet noodle especially when the fights that matter have a time limit. i could never ko a boss in aq or aw without at least getting timed out twice. it just doesnt make sense all r5 champs should be able to beat a boss without being timed out with good skill
  • Options
    i use KG in aq. love running through tech syms and killing that heal block so he can regen! as others have said, hes a massive tank! youbrrally have to try to ko him...lol

i have beat brutal dx king groot with ease many times. it not hard to do.
  • Options
    i know he is a tank but his damage still needs a buff. also he doesnt do very good on defense in my experience. regen doesnt make up for damage. x23 damage is 5× better than his and she has good regen. wolverine damage is 4x better than him and he has the best regen in the game. i do not see how this justifies him hitting like a wet noodle especially when the fights that matter have a time limit. i could never ko a boss in aq or aw without at least getting timed out twice. it just doesnt make sense all r5 champs should be able to beat a boss without being timed out with good skill

He is also bleed immune which is very good since there are only a handful of good bleed immune champions. He has the highest health in game so it is completely justified he has the lowest attack. He is definitely not a defender regen is too weak since it doesn't scale and he feeds mystic attacks with MD. Lots of rank 5 champions can't beat a boss without timing out damage isn't everything he isn't like carnage who has garbage stats as well but nothing to make up for them.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I would suggest learning his mechanics and how he works. His abilities are based on his fury buffs. You get those by attacking and taking hits during cooldown. He consistently gets 3-6 fury buffs during cooldown in order to enhance his other abilities. As others said it can give him a permanent armor break used to increase his damage output that stacks up to 9 times I think. You can also put a second stack of poison on the enemy with L2 or increase his healing with an L3. If you are only interested in damage output you will be sorely disappointed but his utility and bleed immunity make him one of the best champs.
  • Options
    NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Groot and King Groot have some of the densest skin the game, they should hit a bit harder
  • Options
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    Groot and King Groot have some of the densest skin the game, they should hit a bit harder

Thor is a god, black widow is human, thor should disintegrate BW with one hit but he doesn't. You can't use original character abilities and strengths to justify certain champion changes these are just interpretations of such characters they don't have to be accurate.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    NormanBJJ wrote: »

It's called balance. That's why Luke Cage, Hulkbuster, and Colossus have such weak attacks. If you have their stats maxed for defense and attack they would be OP.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    King Groot is my favorite tank. Wouldn't expect a high attack.
  • Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★

i have beat brutal dx king groot with ease many times. it not hard to do.

you missed it. kg is easy to fight. im speaking of player use, not fighting him
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Use his armor breaks, it helps a bit. He can stack upto 9 peramanent armor breaks in his fury phase with his l1.
  • Options
    i tried him in aq and he is pretty good there but i still get timed out on any champ with a health buff on day 4 and 5 and every fight is at least 90 hits no matter how many armor breaks i stack. i understand his utility but in a game that has time outs they need to make him strong enough to at least finish a 100% health buffed normal champ without getting timed out.
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    i tried him in aq and he is pretty good there but i still get timed out on any champ with a health buff on day 4 and 5 and every fight is at least 90 hits no matter how many armor breaks i stack. i understand his utility but in a game that has time outs they need to make him strong enough to at least finish a 100% health buffed normal champ without getting timed out.
    He does suffer a great chance to time out. The good thing though is if you go back into the fight you have a nice chance of getting your health back and finishing off the fight. Not the funnest way of having to do things based on it being time consuming, but it does get the job done.

• Options
    if anyone knows of any masteries they have r
    tried to make him hit harder please let me know cause i would like to keep using him in aq
  • Options
    tried to make him hit harder please let me know cause i would like to keep using him in aq

I just play super agressively and intercept at every opportunity to get as many hits in as possible. I use him in my alternate account and map5 day 5 has no time outs for me since I don't take bosses with KG. You can't really get him to hit harder but you can intercept to get more hits in, since he regens so much even if you make the occasional mistake intercepting he can heal it all back
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★

The 4* cannot ...but 5* variant can run de