**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Celebrate 5 Years of The Contest in December!

Comments

• Also another question about the beacons. I for example missed on one that required us to login 14 days of that month. Missed it due to the increase of the minimum requirements of the game, and my phone no longer supported the game.
    Just to be sure, I will not have any change to claim the missing beacon?

I don't think they can answer that question. Reason being, while I doubt they are going to give people a chance to claim missing beacons now, like in December, you never know when someone might decide to allow for that possibility in the more distant future. Say Marvel releases a FF movie in 2022. Maybe they bring back the beacons for those that missed some, maybe they don't, but they don't want to make promises they cannot keep either way.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ace_03 said:

Etjama said:

This new variant sounds like it might be doable for an average player that can rank up low star champions, I'm super glad to hear that! Also really glad to hear about these two calendars that we're getting, add that onto the uncollected calendar that I now get next month, and I'll be getting a lot of resources just for logging in, thanks! I'm super hyped about the introduction of silver surfer and possibly Galactus at a later date, these story-lines look super cool too. One thing though... I don't see anything on gifting. Do we know if that's coming? πŸ‘€

I don't want to get hopes too high for less experienced Summoners. Variant Quests are still meant to be higher difficulty content for more experienced Summoners!
    I think it should be clarified how these lower rarity champions will be used ASAP, so people don't get the wrong impression and are then disappointed.

By game logic, I would imagine if we are to use 1 stars and 2 stars, etc, perhaps there will be a node that increases their attack and health? at least it's what makes sense. I could be wrong do.
    While it should be logical to assume that summoners with lower rosters should not be able to easily obtain the typical variant rewards, I tend to agree that most people will get the wrong impression.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 β˜…β˜…

Can you elaborate more on the 1 star and 2 star viability in variant 4? Will they be optional or are they a must?

They will be a requirement. For those that are no longer getting 1-Star Champions, there will be ways to obtain them in the future, and also remember that this is permanent Content! So you'll have lots of time to rebuild a 1 and 2 Star Roster.
    Will it only allow 1-2 stars? Or can you bring 5 and 6 stars?

Different Quests will require different Rarities. You'll only be able to use 1-Stars on a quest, and only 2-Stars on another, etc. Don't worry, there is no Quest that only lets you use 6-Stars.
    So Im going to say this will be much like the last variant. 6 total quest with one quest per star rating. Then a mix will be needed for the last quest. 1.1=1*, 1.2=2*, 2.1=3*, 2.2=4*,3.1=5* and then maybe a star rated path for each level in 3.2. Sounds fun.
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 283 β˜…β˜…
    How do we 'stock up' on 1* champs? I guess I'll assume there will be crystals for them at some point.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Can you elaborate more on the 1 star and 2 star viability in variant 4? Will they be optional or are they a must?

They will be a requirement. For those that are no longer getting 1-Star Champions, there will be ways to obtain them in the future, and also remember that this is permanent Content! So you'll have lots of time to rebuild a 1 and 2 Star Roster.
    I sincerely hope that rebuilding a 1* roster will not be dependent on spending units/money.
    Lol it’s kabam of course you’ll have to spend to rebuild
  • JyanyoJyanyo Posts: 4 β˜…
    The gifting event is going to happen this year? please say YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    This 1 and 2 star thing is nonsense
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Is there only gonna be 1 character released next month
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    All those 2*s from a few months ago are about to come in clutch. 2* duped Thing ftw!
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited November 2019
    Lol glad all those 2* will come in handy. It'll be fun to put together some crazy teams I'd never be able to swing with 5 and 6*. Naw... who am I kidding, it'll be Dom and CG.

Edit: I don't have a 2* Dom/CGπŸ™ Do they even exist?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Etjama said:

This new variant sounds like it might be doable for an average player that can rank up low star champions, I'm super glad to hear that! Also really glad to hear about these two calendars that we're getting, add that onto the uncollected calendar that I now get next month, and I'll be getting a lot of resources just for logging in, thanks! I'm super hyped about the introduction of silver surfer and possibly Galactus at a later date, these story-lines look super cool too. One thing though... I don't see anything on gifting. Do we know if that's coming? πŸ‘€

I don't want to get hopes too high for less experienced Summoners. Variant Quests are still meant to be higher difficulty content for more experienced Summoners!
    Aaaw man, still a lot to be excited about, but thanks for letting me know!
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Lol glad all those 2* will come in handy. It'll be fun to put together some crazy teams I'd never be able to swing with 5 and 6*. Naw... who am I kidding, it'll be Dom and CG.

I know 2* domino exists. Not sure if there is a 2* corvus
  • simula67simula67 Posts: 49 β˜…
    Will the 20% gold bonus be returning during December?
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 β˜…β˜…β˜…

I know 2* domino exists. Not sure if there is a 2* corvus
    I have a 2 star Domino. No Corvus though. Not sure if it exists
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Etjama said:

As long as its not something unrealistic like requiring a 1 or 2* to beat a 5 or 6* boosted opponent lol.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Etjama said:

As long as its not something unrealistic like requiring a 1 or 2* to beat a 5 or 6* boosted opponent lol.
    They will prob have some sort of global nodes that make it fun or doable like variant 2 and 3.
  • IsaachydrogenIsaachydrogen Posts: 7 β˜…
    edited November 2019

Summoners!

The year of the Fantastic 4 is coming to an end soon, but there’s one final vital member left to be returned. This December, Silver Surfer joins The Battlerealm to celebrate the 5 Year Anniversary of The Contest.

Will there be 20% bonus on gold and BC this December??

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wait a minute there will be a way to get 1/2* champions.... Hmmmm Road to a Million anyone?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Btw for anyone asking about the gifting event they normally don't detail that until a week it 2 into December if I recall correctly.
  • Savio444 said:

Etjama said:

They will prob have some sort of global nodes that make it fun or doable like variant 2 and 3.
    My guess is that it will be like the danger rooms, but cranked up to 11.
  • FendyFendy Posts: 4 β˜…

Btw for anyone asking about the gifting event they normally don't detail that until a week it 2 into December if I recall correctly.

you're right, i think so
  • Spiderpig2500Spiderpig2500 Posts: 41 β˜…
    Hey, are they doing the two star arena for the full five star crystal? that was so cool last year because i pulled kill monger.