AW reward Solution

2»

Comments

• Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

John757 said:

Charlie11 said:

John757 said:

But what if someone averaged 6 deaths a war?

6 deaths? Sounds like someone who didn't know how attack bonuses work.
    Surely. Also, it would be dumb to waste resources like that.
    So you admit someone who averaged that many deaths didn’t understand how attack bonuses work? Interesting
    I don't understand your question. What is it about 6 deaths and how does that involve me exactly?
    You know
  • Options
    T_BaginX24T_BaginX24 Posts: 31
    John757 said:

John757 said:

Charlie11 said:

John757 said:

But what if someone averaged 6 deaths a war?

6 deaths? Sounds like someone who didn't know how attack bonuses work.
    Surely. Also, it would be dumb to waste resources like that.
    So you admit someone who averaged that many deaths didn’t understand how attack bonuses work? Interesting
    I don't understand your question. What is it about 6 deaths and how does that involve me exactly?
    You know
    No I don't. Explain.
  • Options
    plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    You guys are mucking up the conversation and are prime examples of comments the kabam mods referred to when having to spend time cleaning up the thread. Take it offline.
  • Options
    plpkok said:

You guys are mucking up the conversation and are prime examples of comments the kabam mods referred to when having to spend time cleaning up the thread. Take it offline.

You're right. Sorry.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

I think it is unlikely Kabam would change this policy, because it goes down a path of having their help desk judge whether alliance officers are acting appropriately when they remove an alliance member and as a result deny them alliance rewards.

What’s the policy?

I ask because there are instances of people receiving AW rewards after being kicked between the time the season ended and rewards went out.

Is the policy of awarding war rewards for CC’s (reported by a CCP member themselves) or based on apparent reason (victims of griefing have been awarded)? Is it a matter of volume?
    I'm unaware of any such policy. The only policy I'm aware of is the stated one: if you leave before rewards are handed out, you don't get rewards.

I don't doubt that individual people may have gotten around that rule. But every time rules aren't enforced consistently, people complain about unfairness. Which is why it should be enforced consistently, and not left to subjective evaluations by support people.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I think it is unlikely Kabam would change this policy, because it goes down a path of having their help desk judge whether alliance officers are acting appropriately when they remove an alliance member and as a result deny them alliance rewards.

What’s the policy?

I ask because there are instances of people receiving AW rewards after being kicked between the time the season ended and rewards went out.

Is the policy of awarding war rewards for CC’s (reported by a CCP member themselves) or based on apparent reason (victims of griefing have been awarded)? Is it a matter of volume?
    I'm unaware of any such policy. The only policy I'm aware of is the stated one: if you leave before rewards are handed out, you don't get rewards.

I don't doubt that individual people may have gotten around that rule. But every time rules aren't enforced consistently, people complain about unfairness. Which is why it should be enforced consistently, and not left to subjective evaluations by support people.
    If it's been done in the past it is policy.
  • Options
    Charlie11Charlie11 Posts: 4

Alliances have a one limit to kick a member, 5 wars. If they kick before or after that should have different comes. Just as there are consequences for jumpers, there should be done alliances using players to advance and then kicking those players without allowing them the benefits of their labors.

The thing though is that the majority of people that get kicked early aren't contributing to the alliance. They are hindering it. The alliance officers are doing what they are suppose to do. Manage the alliance for the good of the whole alliance.
  • Options
    Charlie11 said:

Alliances have a one limit to kick a member, 5 wars. If they kick before or after that should have different comes. Just as there are consequences for jumpers, there should be done alliances using players to advance and then kicking those players without allowing them the benefits of their labors.

The thing though is that the majority of people that get kicked early aren't contributing to the alliance. They are hindering it. The alliance officers are doing what they are suppose to do. Manage the alliance for the good of the whole alliance.
    Kicking early is doing what's best for the alliance. In my situation I was brought in and fought 4 was before the start of the last season, then was in the alliance for a full to get kicked the day before rewards, way after the wars we're done. You don't spend all that time if you suck.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

What’s the policy?

We’re talking about being kickedafter the season and before rewards not leaving, it’s the very post you are replying to and the entire body of your argument. Support has awarded season rewards to people who were kicked, showing they have put themselves into the position of arbiter.

So what’s the policy on being kicked?

• Options
    Charlie11Charlie11 Posts: 4

Charlie11 said:

Kicking early is doing what's best for the alliance. In my situation I was brought in and fought 4 was before the start of the last season, then was in the alliance for a full to get kicked the day before rewards, way after the wars we're done. You don't spend all that time if you suck.
    Not everyone is kicked because of performance. People get kicked for arguing, not following instructions, etc
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

What’s the policy?

We’re talking about being kickedafter the season and before rewards not leaving, it’s the very post you are replying to and the entire body of your argument. Support has awarded season rewards to people who were kicked, showing they have put themselves into the position of arbiter.

Whether you push a little button that causes you to no longer be in the alliance or an officer pushes a little button that causes you to no longer be in the alliance, you have left the alliance.

But if it needs to be spelled out for you, whether you leave voluntarily, leave accidentally, or leave because you were forcibly ejected by an alliance officer, if this means you are no longer a member of the alliance when rewards are calculated and sent out, this means you won't get those rewards.

Since you explicitly quoted one of my posts that talked specifically about the case of alliance members being removed by officers, and since that's the topic of discussion in the thread, interpreting "leave" to be "voluntarily leave" and not "kicked" is weird. And the sort of thing that would probably get you kicked.
  • Options
    Charlie11 said:

Charlie11 said:

Not everyone is kicked because of performance. People get kicked for arguing, not following instructions, etc
    Yet, people still contributed and none of that other stuff can distribute that.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,277 ★★★★★

Charlie11 said:

Charlie11 said:

You're awarded as an Alliance. You win as one, lose as one, progress as one. It's impossible to be a part of an Alliance only for Rewards and not be a part of it at the same time. It's a team effort. Not the collective efforts of 30 individuals.
  • Options
    John757 said:

I heard about a player getting kicked right after the alliance lost a close war by 2 attack bonuses and he had 6 deaths to two defenders

Alliance expectations are still a thing. Think of your alliance as a job in real life. If you can't meet the necessary and reasonable quota, you loose you job. If you give the enemy too many defender kills, then you gotta settle with a weaker (or more casual) ally.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

What’s the policy?

Whether you push a little button that causes you to no longer be in the alliance or an officer pushes a little button that causes you to no longer be in the alliance, you have left the alliance.

But if it needs to be spelled out for you, whether you leave voluntarily, leave accidentally, or leave because you were forcibly ejected by an alliance officer, if this means you are no longer a member of the alliance when rewards are calculated and sent out, this means you won't get those rewards.

Since you explicitly quoted one of my posts that talked specifically about the case of alliance members being removed by officers, and since that's the topic of discussion in the thread, interpreting "leave" to be "voluntarily leave" and not "kicked" is weird. And the sort of thing that would probably get you kicked.
    Kabam sells potions and booster packs for war so a player can assist their alliance in winning rewards for each war and the entire season rewards, yet can be kicked over something petty. Kabam all of a sudden has nothing to do with alliance matters? Kabam doesn't send out rewards to players kicked because they aren't part if that alliance, that they helped advance or remain in a certain tier bracket. Pretty convenient.
  • Options

John757 said:

I heard about a player getting kicked right after the alliance lost a close war by 2 attack bonuses and he had 6 deaths to two defenders

Alliance expectations are still a thing. Think of your alliance as a job in real life. If you can't meet the necessary and reasonable quota, you loose you job. If you give the enemy too many defender kills, then you gotta settle with a weaker (or more casual) ally.
    Exactly! That’s why someone was probably kicked
  • Options

Charlie11 said:

Charlie11 said:

You're awarded as an Alliance. You win as one, lose as one, progress as one. It's impossible to be a part of an Alliance only for Rewards and not be a part of it at the same time. It's a team effort. Not the collective efforts of 30 individuals.
    I’ve missed you and your infinite grounded wisdom. Good to see ya
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

What’s the policy?

On this episode of semantics with DNA Coat opts out and gets right to the point.

Your OP is saying the alliance should decide if you get season awards, which is an opinion, fine. But then is purported to be backed by a policy which cannot be shown nor is such policy evidenced to exist.

Kabam has and will award season rewards if you are “involuntarily left” (rofl) from your alliance.
  • Options

Charlie11 said:

Charlie11 said:

There's a reasonable amount of time when wars end and rewards are sent out, correct? What is the reasoning of kicking a player or day before use rewards are sent out to the alliance? An alliance every other in the alliance contributed to winning. The only exception is when someone joins after the minimum of wars are fought. If a player fights the minimum of 5 wars with an alliance and was a week or more for rewards then it's not gameplay.
  • Options

John757 said:

Being let go from a position and then not being paid for your work are two different things.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,277 ★★★★★

Charlie11 said:

Charlie11 said:

There's a reasonable amount of time when wars end and rewards are sent out, correct? What is the reasoning of kicking a player or day before use rewards are sent out to the alliance? An alliance every other in the alliance contributed to winning. The only exception is when someone joins after the minimum of wars are fought. If a player fights the minimum of 5 wars with an alliance and was a week or more for rewards then it's not gameplay.
    I can't answer the reasoning because it wasn't me who kicked the person. Sometimes there's a reason behind it. Sometimes they just want to screw someone over. Alliances handle their own in-house issues. Some have expectations. Some have personal resentments. Some just don't care. It is unfortunate, but there's no controlling it.
    The time between Seasons end and Rewards being sent out is because the server needs to calculate the Rewards, and the server sends them as a group package to those who are present in the Alliance and meet the requirements. It really has more to do with the system that sends Rewards than anything. All-in-all, you have to be a part of the Ally at the time of delivery. Anything outside of that could be abused, and would be highly complicated.
  • Options

Charlie11 said:

Charlie11 said:

I can't answer the reasoning because it wasn't me who kicked the person. Sometimes there's a reason behind it. Sometimes they just want to screw someone over. Alliances handle their own in-house issues. Some have expectations. Some have personal resentments. Some just don't care. It is unfortunate, but there's no controlling it.
    The time between Seasons end and Rewards being sent out is because the server needs to calculate the Rewards, and the server sends them as a group package to those who are present in the Alliance and meet the requirements. It really has more to do with the system that sends Rewards than anything. All-in-all, you have to be a part of the Ally at the time of delivery. Anything outside of that could be abused, and would be highly complicated.
    So receiving a legitimate ticket shouldn’t be an issue, also it shouldn’t be an issue if a leaders father passes and an officer takes over and decides to kick an entire alliance, are the supposed to go with their rewards and compensation? Wha happens when a bam causes leaders and players to change positions and the non staff later decides. Disband an more alliance. At what point do Kabam get involved and acts as arbiter and do something they know is right and doesn’t cost them anything?
  • Options
    ???
  • Options
    So they don’t respond in emails or on here. Nice Kabam