**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Season 13 of Alliance War's Rank 2 can't be right

So I went to see the ranking for seasonn 13. And I found this. An alliance with just one player as the second best out of all. This can't be right. And it's a bummer to see things like that. Cause even if my alliance is just now getting silver 2, it makes me think that we could get screwed over by something like this.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    They swapped alliances, the top alliances do it often
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Shell swapping is the name of the game around here. As long as they continue to whale out it'll never change so just get used to it
  • Yeah I know people can just change to other alliances. But the other two at the top got 30 members. If it would at least have 10 or even 2 it'd be more believable.
  • Sometimes the “Empty” alternate season alliance is set to OPEN (just leaving behind a 2nd account of one of the main officers or someone as Leader). And so being set to Open gets filled up from the Automatic-Matching of people looking for alliances. The overall Alliance Rating would be VERY small in those cases.

But all 30 (usually) of the main high-level players have switched to their other alliance for the new season.

Of course, some ally's don’t use “shell” ones, or maybe just haven’t switched yet (still another 1.5 weeks until season).
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    INTEGRAL said:

Matchmaking is very d umb. 9322 had very low prestige compared to Kenob, NY, ASR, 4loki, Xilem and they never faced any Master alliances. The only master alliance they faced was BRJP and they lost to them.

War season is very unfair to the alliances with very high prestige. They keep facing eachother while 9322 faced Plat 2 and Plat 3 alliances.

Kenob, NY, ASR, 4Loki and Xilem could have beat 9322 by 5-150 deaths if they faced.

Which is why I always thought matchmaking should be weighted towards current ranking especially in the 2nd half of the season. Weighting prestige is ridiculous bc that just matches competitive war alliances with AQ focused alliances that have no interest in pushing war at times which just gives the war alliance a free win.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    ya them being 2nd is a joke, but how different is it from alliances like ny718 who pilot
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    kenob also doing the same. they have alsoo shell alliance...
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276

Yeah I know people can just change to other alliances. But the other two at the top got 30 members. If it would at least have 10 or even 2 it'd be more believable.

I think you don't understand. They leave the alliance once the rewards are handed out. The alliance has one player, but it was full when they achieved that rank

• Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    DalBot said:

Shell swapping is the name of the game around here. As long as they continue to whale out it'll never change so just get used to it

Can you explain what the point is? What do they get out of it?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nitro422 said:

DalBot said:

Can you explain what the point is? What do they get out of it?
    They have two alliances. While they are competing, the other alliance is losing on purpose to lower the alliance rating. After the season ends, they jump to the alliance that now has a lower rating and have easier matches on their way back up to the top. Meanwhile the alliance they were in has 2nd accounts that lose on purpose to lower the war rating. After the season... you get the idea.
  • But Kabam Lock the AW rating because of it. So loosing in off-season wont make a difference now as top tiers cannot gain or loose points right no!

You’re not understanding what others are saying is NOW happening, since offseason WR is now locked.

Some are apparently treating entire alternating Seasons as when they are no longer in one of their 2 (or more ?) alliances they use. With basically nobody (or a bunch of unsuspecting auto-joined low ranking members) in the alliance for a whole season, that alliance would either lose some wars to lower WR some, or else just not worry about doing any wars which would in and of itself result in other alliances moving a little above then as WR gradually climbs overall among alliances..
    And then when next season comes around they all move back to that other alliance and let the last one sit empty/idle for a season.

You can see that in some alliance profiles, when game is in-season you will see current season ranking but when look at their previous season screen it says a season from 2 or 3 seasons prior (meaning the immediate previous season they must not have participated in any wars).

IDEA: at the top end of alliances, Kabam should maybe run it like a round-robin tournament. Alliances would have had to qualify (based on WR or such) to get one of the 13 Top Spots prior to the season and participate in the Top-Tier Round Robin tournament. All of the Top-13 each season would play one time against each of the other Top-13 teams. That way there is no bias against some ally's getting “unfairly” matched and winning against lower ally's, while others “unfairly” only get matched against the very top ally's multiple times over and over.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

But Kabam Lock the AW rating because of it. So loosing in off-season wont make a difference now as top tiers cannot gain or loose points right no!

We aren't talking about the off season. The other alliance is tanking the actual season with low accounts to lower the war rating. Then the alliances switch during the offseason and repeat.