**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Masochism

Hey guys...I'm on act 5.2.4 now and heard that it's tough to clear so I just thought about getting a few suggestions before moving on...!
Currently I have:-
5/50 Duped 4* Iron Man Infinity War
5/50 Duped 4* Corvus Glaive
5/50 Duped 4* Archangel
5/50 Duped 4* AEgon
5/50 Duped 4* Nick Fury
5/50 Duped 4* Spider-Gwen
5/50 Duped 4* Morningstar
5/50 Duped 4* Luke Cage
5/50 Normal 4* Havok
3/45 Normal 5* Sentinal
3/45 Normal 5* Hela
2/35 Normal 5* Proxima Midnight
2/35 Normal 5* Old Man Logan
As My Best
I have 1800 units and stacked my potions and revives as well.
Please suggest me the best team to move forward.

Comments

• Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Proxima ignores Maso when she parrys. Part of her abilities.
  • Options
    THUNDERBILTHUNDERBIL Posts: 267

Proxima ignores Maso when she parrys. Part of her abilities.

Yeah she does, so should I take her R3
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Arc's right. It does help when you're learning. She still has some specials that inflect stun and therefore will get purged for regen, but having the parry at your disposal it makes the fights so much easier. May be worth taking her up just to help you with that content.

Otherwise, just have to learn to bait heavies or intercept. Aegon doesn't apply debuffs if you stick to his special 1. Hela the same if you don't use the special 2. Unfortunately many of your champs do depend on debuffs.

I will say using someone like AA or LC who applies a lot of bleeds with standard hits, you can use those to wipe out the masochism for the cool down and at least get parry back at your disposal until the cooldown is over. But both of those guys really need their buffs to do damage. So you'd have to really do some damage in the cooldown spot.
  • Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Yeah I'd be leaning towards ranking up PM.
    Aegon and Fury would be good to use, Aegon just because he gets so powerful, and Fury procs so many debuffs that Maso barely affects your parrying, and Despair mastery can limit the regen as well.
    Havok might work well also, he does direct damage when his debuffs get removed, unsure if that works for Maso the same as it does vs AV, Korg, etc though.
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    AA is another good counter for masochism. Luke Cage as well.

Basically, the thought process behind this is apply a ****ton of debuffs and out damage the heals as well as having masochism on cooldown for parry stuns.
  • Options

Sabretooth is the king of shutting down masochim for100% of the fight with the killmonger/bp synergy
    if you have both then rankup sabre and you can get it done

I have both of them unawakened as 4 stars
    Guess I will rank them up with Proxima and move forward
  • Options
    Boomhauer_1Boomhauer_1 Posts: 27
    Your awakened Morningstar will Regen whenever the opponent does. You can use her and save yourself a TON of potions.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Masochism is largely about playstyle.
  • Options
    SDP said:

Can you please explain it a bit more SDP
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★

SDP said:

Can you please explain it a bit more SDP
    Masochism is the first node which challenges u to play with something other than parry 5 hit combo style and it makes u play a little differently...so i would suggest practicing getting the opponent into a sp1 cycle(for those with easy to evade sp1) so that most of the time when u finish ur combo,the opponent should have over a bar of power,bait out the special and counter..hold on to your specials and use them to get the defender over the power bar if needed
    Another option against masochism is to bring champs who inflict a lot of debuffs because one of those debuffs would eat masochism and u will be able to parry more often than not..i used x23 a lot during my UC run and her frequent bleeds allowed me to parry quite reliably
    As far as the proposed team,I would recommend Aegon(6 hit combos help cycle sp1 really well),fury(overload the defender with bleeds),corvus(will finish the fights quickly after a charge or two),LC(again try to keep up the exhaustions so that Ur party works),sentinel