**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold arena 6* points broken

Anyone else having issues with 6*'s not getting full amount of points in the gold arena? I'm only getting around 30k instead of the normal 65k. Some of my alliance mates are getting normal points and some are getting half like me.

Comments

• LifeswickedLifeswicked Posts: 130
    Yea it’s ridiculous kabam u offer us a gold arena but nerf the 6* points by heaps wtf
  • GD-DEV3LGD-DEV3L Posts: 75
    My points weren't broken if I used a 6 it was 30k and if I fought a 6* with an r4 5* it was 30k
  • Dago88Dago88 Posts: 26
    GD-DEV3L said:

My points weren't broken if I used a 6 it was 30k and if I fought a 6* with an r4 5* it was 30k

Then your points were broken. 6*'s at r2 lvl 25 get around 65k when you are on the x3 multiplier
    R1 not r2
    5* points are fine it's only 6*'s and it's not everyone. Some of my alliance mates are getting the 65k and some are getting the 30k
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    I can't believe people are complaining over this.
    You can literally get all milestones in 20 minutes, and yet people are still complaining that they don't get enough points?
    This is ridiculous.
    I would've only let 1 and 2* champs be eligible for this arena, so you would really have to put in some effort for that gold :smile:
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    This arena was never meant to give the 6*s the same points as they do in the champ arenas!! You don't need 6s for this arena anyway, 15-17 sets is all you need if you have enough 5s! People always find something to complain about
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    You know they said it’s based of PI of the champs not the star level right? So it’s not the same scoring as normal arenas. That Explains why a 6* R1 and 5* R4 are getting around same amount of points.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    They gave it to you on the one day that arena really doesn’t matter. Suck it up and deal. Like someone else said, it only takes about 15 fights anyways... hopefully they decide to make it a weekly Sunday occurrence and make it worth while to do a quick arena run Sunday nights
  • You know they said it’s based of PI of the champs not the star level right? So it’s not the same scoring as normal arenas. That Explains why a 6* R1 and 5* R4 are getting around same amount of points.

Huh ?
    PI of champs in this Gold Arena is same PI as when used in 5* Feature Arena.

But agree with all others, different arenas (not only this one) award different levels of points for different Star Rarity of champs.
    In case you haven’t seen, 5* champs get somewhere about 20-25% more points when used in the 5* Feature Arena versus any of the others you can use 5* in (4* Feature and 2-day Cat Arenas) for matches and opponents that are otherwise the same.

So this Gold Arena they just decided NOT to give 6* the normally-doubled amount vs 5* that they are in other ones. This way they don’t have to set the top Milestone too high for lower players, but doesn’t let high players reach it much too quickly without barely any time effort. It is 7 days after all. Frankly, maybe 5* and 6* should have both been even lower, to the points level that 4* points are in this arena.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Most likely it is just a bug as they've never included 6*s in a Sunday arena. Also point requirements arent that high so does it really matter?
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    @SummonerNR yes the champs PI is same but in regular arenas points are not based off of a champs PI. Hence why a 6*R1 gives 60k points and a 5/65 gives somewhere around 30-35k points. There is no bonus for using different star champs. This gold arena is purely based off of champs PI. Not star rank. I’m sure if you used a max 3* and an equivalent 4* in PI it will give same points as each other.
  • TeleusTeleus Posts: 108
    We have figured out how it works - the problem is that no notice was given that the points would work differently in this arena
  • yes the champs PI is same but in regular arenas points are not based off of a champs PI. Hence why a 6*R1 gives 60k points and a 5/65 gives somewhere around 30-35k points. There is no bonus for using different star champs. This gold arena is purely based off of champs PI. Not star rank. I’m sure if you used a max 3* and an equivalent 4* in PI it will give same points as each other.

Still not entirely right. It is NOT just based on PI across all 2/3/4/5/6* champs.
    There is a jump between 2* and 3*, and then again another jump between 4* and 5*.

Below (pre-fight Points, some pics during streak, last pic at beginning) see that 5* does indeed give double (approx) the points as SAME PI of 3*/4*. It's just that 6* does not go ahead and double that again (to be 4 times that of 4* champs).

So only difference is that they don’t add the extra factored bump-up for 6*. And as I said before, some arenas have different bump-ups than other arenas (not just Sunday ones), all arenas are not the same. And @Teleus , nowhere do they detail what the points breakdown is in ANY arena for using different Rarity/Rank/Level (other than the normal Win-Streak multiplier capped up to 3x.), so why would they need to tell us that this arena may be awarding points differently than others ?

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I got half as well. Just take out 6 stars if you're not going to give the full amount of points.
    @SummonerNR you are correct that they don’t breakdown the points, but when they introduced an arena that allowed 6* they did say there would be an additional bump up^ Failing to say that additional bump up would not exist at all in this arena is a failure to communicate and that is a problem.

While you may be correct that the 5* over 4* additional bump up is lower in certain arenas than others^^, it still exists in all of those arenas - in no arena does a 5* award the same points as 4* of the same pi.

^ If for no other reason than for the longer cool down timers.

^^ I have not looked to see if that is the case in the past and, if true, it is clearly not by enough to be noticeable unless you are looking for it.
    Yall really dont read do you? Some of my alliance members are getting the full 60k points and some are getting 30k for 6*'s. I was just seeing if it was happening to anyone else and letting kabam know there was an issue. Did I ever complain about anything. No. so shut up and read and comprehend what someone is saying before you run your mouth.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Dago88 Do u have any screenshots of the different points? I never got 60k from my limited number of 6* champs. Just curious to see the screenshots of it.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Not broken. Points are different deppending on the arena, and how it gets multiplied on that.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,619 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    Doesn’t sound like anyone else here has been getting 55k-65k points for their 6* in this Gold Arena (other than you saying some of your teammates have been).
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    This is silly.. is there anything people cannot complain about? 1m point area, few days to finish and someone has problem because 6* counts like 5*...... come on guys, what the hell?

Hey guys,

This has come up before, but because you can't you use 6-Stars in many Arenas, it's worth bringing up again: The Featured 5-Star Arena has a Custom Point curve for 5 and 6-Star Champions. They get more there than they would in a normal Arena. These are the points you should be getting.

For those reporting that they are getting more, can you confirm that you're seeing this in the Gold Arena?

Just talked to my alliance mates and they said the points are now at 30k per 6* but they were getting the full amount. None of them took pics though. Oh well. Thanks for responding and trying to make sure all is working properly. I guess the thread can be closed now lol
    edited November 2019

Hey guys,

This has come up before, but because you can't you use 6-Stars in many Arenas, it's worth bringing up again: The Featured 5-Star Arena has a Custom Point curve for 5 and 6-Star Champions. They get more there than they would in a normal Arena. These are the points you should be getting.

For those reporting that they are getting more, can you confirm that you're seeing this in the Gold Arena?

First time I have heard that Miike, but I will admit I don’t read every forum post.

Why is the cool down so much longer if the “normal” point curve is closer to the same?