**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How good is The Hood?

I just pulled a 5* The Hood as my tenth 5*. I know that he was considered great once upon a time but how does he fare now? Is he worth the rank up?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I just pulled a 5* The Hood as my tenth 5*. I know that he was considered great once upon a time but how does he fare now? Is he worth the rank up?

He is solid, he has buff removal, regen, and even phasing, if you need buff removal there is only a couple better, his damage is not huge, but he has longevity. He was my first r2 6*.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I would say he is a timeless champ. He power steals , and runs well with MD. He makes up for his physical damage with his DOT.

I think when it comes to just dealing with difficult content he stands unmatched. Mainly because he has that hex / fate deal on SP2.

I had a hard tile deciding who to R5 between him and symbiotic supreme.

Main reason I went SS, was because he could tank SP3 damage , And doesn’t need a high sig.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    He's great. Super useful abilities and he has a synergy with Ghost which helps them both immensely.
  • robernestleerobernestlee Posts: 56

You need to learn what he does, If it's your 10th 5 star, and your already aware what stagger is and its benefits, so you should rank him up. But if your yet to learn what stagger is and how it works, so you wouldn't like him.

I'm familiar with Stagger. I got a 4/40 4* Symb Supreme and I love him. Thanks for the info!
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yeah Hood’s dope. He’s got okay damage, but his utility is awesome. His mechanics are also just really fun to play. Any buff heavy powergain matchups are his playground. Definitely a solid 5* pull. He was one of my first 4* 5/50s.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Has great utility, and synergy with Ghost. Not a heavy hitter, but a skilled player can do some damage with him. I feel like he's very underrated
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    Imo he's average. A solid buff counter, but no damage. Better when duped. He's ok to clear some path like resistance in eq, but you'd prefer someone else for a difficult match.
    He's also not very reliable - his invisibility has only 45% chance, and so you don't know if you need to parry or to attack. His invisibility is more difficult actually to play around, than ghost's phasing. His power still also isn't reliable. With no damage he's a lot worse than supsym, voodoo, magik or doom. He's closer to tjf actually, the only difference is his stagger is a lot easier to place. But he also has some use on his heavy, so yeah, tjf level imo. Also she's not that bad, just also not reliable. Add her some power still when hitting stunned opponent, she'd be better than hood
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I am wondering the same thing. I recently pulled him as a 5*. Of my four mystics (UC, Mordo and Ebony Maw are the rest) he's by far the best. I have a mystic awakening gem from summoner appreciation and enough sig stones to get him to 20.

But there are better mystics. Still, I lack a nullify champion in my roster.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Seatin did a vid on him yesterday which will give you a good idea on him
    AJXRX said:
    I saw this the other day! It really helped. Thanks!
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Hood is underrated
    (And seatin completely forgot about Hood’s ability to turn invisible by dashing back and holding block on this video lol)
    Thi101 said:

Hood is underrated
    (And seatin completely forgot about Hood’s ability to turn invisible by dashing back and holding block on this video lol)

I noticed that too. I kept waiting for him to do it.
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Steer clear of Daredevil (either one) and he performs well enough.
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    Thi101 said:

Hood is underrated

he did it against the Juggs(11:19), and proceded to get absolutely demolished.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

Thi101 said:

Hood is underrated

he did it against the Juggs(11:19), and proceded to get absolutely demolished.
    I’m pretty sure it was on accident.
    As in the Punisher fight, he says “now we just need to get to the SP2 to activate that invisibility and we should be good”, or something like that
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    My 5* duped R4 Hood saved me several times.

I don't like however his sinergy with Ghost, because I don't like he begins the fight invisible. It's a bad thing, considering after that he is in cool down, the time he should be invisible (when defender have Sp1) and in this time he can't steal power (at least I couldn't)....

So I like hood, but without sinergy.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    He’s very good against the sentinels in AQ.

They don’t like shock damage at all plus you get a stun after the timer. Stagger, power/drain or steal works pretty well.