**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier prep

Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
Now that I'm Elder's Bane, I can start looking ahead to becoming Cavalier. Below are my 5 and 6 stars. Am I ready for a Cavalier push? Should I rank up some of my other champs, or should I stop thinking about it and wait for better pulls?

Comments

• Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    You're going to have a really tough time with CB and Sentinel.

I honestly don't see a counter for CB.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Yeah as said, I don't see a way through that crossbones for you
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I don't know of anyone doing it with emma personally but emma and a whole lot of revives is probably your only option if you're set on doing it
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Don not wait your units until you get iceman oml or colossuss omega red ghost domino w/trinity for that crossbones.Try to complete all variants of cometed try to explore variant 2 or 3 depending upon your roster.You have great roster just not enoigh for cavalier.
  • Options
    I've heard of people taking down Crossbones with Quake but that's way outside my skill level. I've also heard of Emma at rank 5 using the Colossus synergy to stay in diamond form (for biohazard). That may or may not be an option here.

But you can probably at least start on 6.1.1 and work up from there. The first real show stopper is Crossbones in 6.1.5, and you might have the firepower to get past 6.1.4 and park there until you get a good option for CB.

The problem with Crossbones in 6.1.5 is he has biohazard and arc overload. So you need enough damage to beat his healing (which isn't hard, but does rule out a lot of lower damage champs) and you need something that can deal with bleed. And if you aren't aggressive enough you will hit into his block, which means poison, or let him heal too much, which means the fight will take forever, or you will push him to SP2, which you can't generally avoid fully which means you take a significant amount of damage.

That's sort of the quadruple problem to solve with CB, and it is really hard to do it without a bleed immune champ, something with super high damage that you can just whittle him away with (and possibly use a lot of revives) or something exotic like Quake.
  • Options
    Aryl said:

Not even GR? Bleed immune and able to nullify vigor
  • Options

Aryl said:

Nullify it once. After that, GR won't have the firepower to out damage the heals.
  • Options
    With GR, you'll get one bleed, one heal, one fury, one fate seal... and maybe a power drain. It's just not enough.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    No offense intended at all, but I always find these “am I ready?” posts extremely confusing.

You know your skill level. You know your champs. You know the paths that you face to get there.

How is anyone supposed to know if you are ready?

There are players who can do 10x what other players can do with the same champs.

How are your resources looking? Do you have decent counters for the bosses?

The very best way to know the answer to this question is to simply try. Go as far as you can, and then try again.
  • Options
    Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Nullify it once. After that, GR won't have the firepower to out damage the heals.
    Just to amplify, Crossbones also has power struggle - you gain power only when he gains power. So you will never be able to reset Judgments, because the only way to get enough power for SP3 is to give Crossbones three bars of power, and that's basically suicide.

So for the most part, whatever you use has to be able to kill Crossbones without using SP2 or SP3 attacks, because SP1 is the only fully evadable attack. If you push him to SP2 or SP3 (so you can get SP2 or SP3) you're almost certainly going to get hit in the face with too much damage.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 I assumed he knew about the node. Makes more sense him asking about GR now.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Just to amplify, Crossbones also has power struggle - you gain power only when he gains power. So you will never be able to reset Judgments, because the only way to get enough power for SP3 is to give Crossbones three bars of power, and that's basically suicide.

So for the most part, whatever you use has to be able to kill Crossbones without using SP2 or SP3 attacks, because SP1 is the only fully evadable attack. If you push him to SP2 or SP3 (so you can get SP2 or SP3) you're almost certainly going to get hit in the face with too much damage.
    Aight.... Might take a crack at the first few quests but I will likely stop at Crossbones... Unless I get ghost soon
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Actually, unless I am gravely mistaken, GR drains the smallest portion of the opponents power after an L3 so CB will start with 2.95 bars of power after you reset judgements.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I dont see you getting past CB unless you get thousands of units and take every champ in and then quit before vigor starts
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Sp2 can be evade ain’t esay thuget mostly gets hit with it.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    I did cavalier on 4 accounts with minimum spent :smile:
    Account one - Ghost Rider ( Do Sp1 Fate seal before timer ends then timer will dissapear till 25% damage is done Quit fight after that and redo meaning 3-4 revives)

Account 2 - Corvus (3-4 revives)

Account 3 - Void style and Ghost Rider (2-3 revives)

Account 4 - Emma Frost Unduped 6* Rank 1 , just spam your sp1 to stay in diamond form. (No Revives)
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    I did chip away with GR but mine was 5/65. Basically, get your heavy, bleed and fury judgements in before using L1. I think it took me 4-5 revives. Second account was a breeze with a 4/55 iceman.
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    You have a amazing roster emma and gulk are gonna be huge for you...I do wish you had sentinel because he was my mvp for that crossbones... good luck though!
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★

I don't know of anyone doing it with emma personally but emma and a whole lot of revives is probably your only option if you're set on doing it

I did my first run with Emma for CrossBones. Used 6-7 40% revives, because I messed up and Emmas diamond form was off.
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Yes, with that roster you can do it.
    You will have a hard time against CB, but then again you can beat him with chip damage.
    Stack up on level 1 revives and go bananas on him.
    You might want to stack up on some units though, in case sh*t hits the fan.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Aryl said:

Aryl said:

Actually, unless I am gravely mistaken, GR drains the smallest portion of the opponents power after an L3 so CB will start with 2.95 bars of power after you reset judgements.
    I'm not sure about that, but I don't think that is practical even if true. First you have to push CB to three bars of power without him using specials, because if he uses SP1 or SP2 that will drain you to zero. And then when he gets to SP3 you have to fire yours before he fires his, or once again you'll be drained to zero, and possibly also dead. And even if you do, he might shrug off the fate seal, in which case he will get to SP3, and once again drain, dead.
  • Options
    MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139

I did my initial run with Emma with the colosus synergy. It was unpleasant and expensive. Emma goes out of diamond during specials and the biohazard activates even though her specials are non contact.
    Its doable but dont punish yourself