**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

KABAM Please Clarify - What if Uncollected Player Becomes Cavalier DURING Cyber Weekend Sale?

Can someone from Kabam please clarify/answer whether a player who’s Uncollected now but makes a push and becomes Cavalier DURING the Cyber weekend sale, will be able to:
(1) avail of BOTH the offers made to Cavalier players and Uncollected players, OR
(2) avail of ONLY offers made to Uncollected players (logic: Because Cyber weekend sale already started when the player was not yet Cavalier), OR
(3) avail of Cavalier offers (so long player doesn’t make any purchase of offers made to Uncollected players)?

Some clarification from Kabam in this regard would be highly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    They said in the email that it was your notice to push to the next level as they were not altering them.
  • Options
    battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    I took that text in BLUE to mean that..... Here are the offers and they will have 4 day timers, we aren't going to GOUGE You for fresh deals on Sat, Sun and Monday after you have bought these. On July 4th, people that were uncollected had an opportunity to buy uncollected deals, become cavalier and they changed/refreshed to the cav set of deals. I don't see anything in the announcement that explicitly addresses that scenario. It would be a tough decision if I was uncollected about to be cavalier how to proceed there.
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    I would just hurry up and become cavalier if you are that worried about it.
  • Options
    FuzzycatFuzzycat Posts: 87
    battleone said:

I took that text in BLUE to mean that..... Here are the offers and they will have 4 day timers, we aren't going to GOUGE You for fresh deals on Sat, Sun and Monday after you have bought these. On July 4th, people that were uncollected had an opportunity to buy uncollected deals, become cavalier and they changed/refreshed to the cav set of deals. I don't see anything in the announcement that explicitly addresses that scenario. It would be a tough decision if I was uncollected about to be cavalier how to proceed there.

Exactly! In its Cyber Weekend sale announcement, Kabam did highlight in blue that "the sales presented WILL NOT be altered or added to during the Cyber Weekend." However, as this is the first time Kabam is running a 4-day Cyber Weekend sale instead of one-day Cyber Monday sale, I would assume Kabam means that the offers presented will not alter each day and Kabam will not add any new offers each day i.e. the type of offers and the limits on each offer would remain the same for the entire sale period.

The statement highlighted in blue, in my opinion, does not clarify whether a player, who becomes Cavalier DURING Cyber weekend sale, will be able to see and buy the refreshed offers geared towards Cavalier players (as it happened during July 4 sale). Unless the term "altered" and/or "added" is meant to address just that.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

I have no idea why people would assume "sales presented will not be altered or added to" means anything other than sales presented will not be altered or added to. If they said sales presented will not be altered or added to, even if you become uncollected or cavalier during the weekend, I suspect people would still be coming to the forums saying "yeah, we get that, but does that mean the sale won't be altered, but I will still be able to get the unmodified Cavalier offer if I become Cavalier during the weekend?"

If "sales presented will not be altered or added to" doesn't mean sales presented will not be altered or added to, what does that phrase mean instead?

Could it mean that "sales presented will not be altered or added to" for players who did not make any in-game progression in the story quest over the 4-day sale? This is the first time Kabam is doing a sale over 4-days and maybe Kabam means that that nothing will be "added to altered to" the sale on Friday, Nov. 29 i.e. the offers (and limits on the offers) that an Uncollected player will see on Nov. 29 will run through Dec. 2 and there will be no change or addition to the offers an Uncollected player will see each day. However, nowhere in the announcement Kabam states that the sales presented would not be refreshed or changed when a player becomes Cavalier (or a different title through in-game story quest progression, for non-Uncollected players) during the Cyber Weekend sale.

• Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I would say you cannot get the cavalier offers if you become cavalier midway through. This would allow players to potentially acquire multiple different package without regulation. Once it drops it’s set for the whole 4 days.
  • Options
    RoninMan said:

I would say you cannot get the cavalier offers if you become cavalier midway through. This would allow players to potentially acquire multiple different package without regulation. Once it drops it’s set for the whole 4 days.

True but this is exactly what happened during 4th of July sales this year. Players who became Cavalier on July 4, said they were able to see and avail of both Uncollected as well as Cavalier deals. And Kabam had allowed it. That's why I am wondering if Kabam's going to allow it during this Cyber Weekend sale too.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Fuzzycat said:

RoninMan said:

True but this is exactly what happened during 4th of July sales this year. Players who became Cavalier on July 4, said they were able to see and avail of both Uncollected as well as Cavalier deals. And Kabam had allowed it. That's why I am wondering if Kabam's going to allow it during this Cyber Weekend sale too.
    In all honesty, I sincerely doubt it. If you reckon you might be in with a chance to become cavalier mid-weekend, I’d recommend playing it safe and just making the push for it now.
  • Options
    Fuzzycat said:

DNA3000 said:

I have no idea why people would assume "sales presented will not be altered or added to" means anything other than sales presented will not be altered or added to. If they said sales presented will not be altered or added to, even if you become uncollected or cavalier during the weekend, I suspect people would still be coming to the forums saying "yeah, we get that, but does that mean the sale won't be altered, but I will still be able to get the unmodified Cavalier offer if I become Cavalier during the weekend?"

If "sales presented will not be altered or added to" doesn't mean sales presented will not be altered or added to, what does that phrase mean instead?

Could it mean that "sales presented will not be altered or added to" for players who did not make any in-game progression in the story quest over the 4-day sale? This is the first time Kabam is doing a sale over 4-days and maybe Kabam means that that nothing will be "added to altered to" the sale on Friday, Nov. 29 i.e. the offers (and limits on the offers) that an Uncollected player will see on Nov. 29 will run through Dec. 2 and there will be no change or addition to the offers an Uncollected player will see each day. However, nowhere in the announcement Kabam states that the sales presented would not be refreshed or changed when a player becomes Cavalier (or a different title through in-game story quest progression, for non-Uncollected players) during the Cyber Weekend sale.
    I do not know how to respond to someone who thinks "sales presented will not be altered or added to" could mean sales presented will be altered or added to, because the sale is four days long.

It does in fact say that the sales presented would not be "refreshed or changed" when a player becomes Cavalier, because it says they won't be altered period. Unless you believe that when you become Cavalier it is possible to somehow buy the Cavalier offers without the offers presented to you being altered or added to.

The only way to believe that would be to believe the words don't actually mean what they say, and could mean whatever I choose to let them mean.
  • Options
    Fuzzycat said:

RoninMan said:

Maybe Kabam should make an official statement as to whether the offers will change in any way during the long weekend. I'm sure that would clear it up, if they just said the offers would change, or alternatively if they just said the offers would not change in any way.
  • Options
    AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    Agree with battleone. People saying it clearly says otherwise are talking out of their asses because it's not clear what Kabam's intent is. Given what happened July 4, it makes sense for it to be the same this weekend. However, we've seen time and again that what's past does not always happen, up is sometimes down, etc. I would appreciate an official response/clarification rather than seeing random people talking definitively when they have no actual knowledge.
  • Options
    Obviously, there is ambiguity and confusion. One of the mods should just make a definitive statement. There's no reason for this to be a mystery or have people who have no inside information declare that they know what's going to happen.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Obviously, there is ambiguity and confusion. One of the mods should just make a definitive statement. There's no reason for this to be a mystery or have people who have no inside information declare that they know what's going to happen.

Very true. I hope Kabam is reading this and I hope @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious can please clarify on this.
  • Options
    5RSLY5RSLY Posts: 36
    Fuzzycat said:

Very true. I hope Kabam is reading this and I hope @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious can please clarify on this.
    Agree. I had the same interpretation as you did with the mail message they sent out.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    It says that the offers will be tailored to your progression at the time of the offer, then it says the offers presented “WILL NOT be altered or added to”. Yeah, I could see how that would be as clear as mud if you didn’t read it.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    A lot of back and forth for a pretty simple answer. Once the offers go out they won’t be altered or changed,....period.
  • Options
    We are reading it but there are different ways to interpret it which are valid:
    1) The deal that is offered on Friday for Uncollected will not change & the deal that is offered on Friday for Cavalier will not change during the duration of the offer so there's no reason to postpone your purchase (BUT you can still get both offers if you become Cavalier during the sale as was the case for the July 4th deals); or
    2) The deal you are offered on Friday will not change under any circumstances.

You can talk all you want about how it "obviously" says what you believe, but that's not true. Your reading makes more sense if those two quotes followed each other in the same paragraph which is not the case.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

1) The deal that is offered on Friday for Uncollected will not change & the deal that is offered on Friday for Cavalier will not change during the duration of the offer so there's no reason to postpone your purchase (BUT you can still get both offers if you become Cavalier during the sale as was the case for the July 4th deals); or

You can talk all you want about how it "obviously" says what you believe, but that's not true. Your reading makes more sense if those two quotes followed each other in the same paragraph which is not the case.

How would it make sense to give someone access to both levels of offers? I think the reason they are explicitly stating no changes will be made is because what happened on 4th of July was a mistake. Someone who is cavalier could argue they want access to uncollected level offers because they’ve obviously passed it.

You can get into semantics all you want but I wouldn’t be surprised if “no offers will be changed or altered”
  • Options

How would it make sense to give someone access to both levels of offers? I think the reason they are explicitly stating no changes will be made is because what happened on 4th of July was a mistake. Someone who is cavalier could argue they want access to uncollected level offers because they’ve obviously passed it.

You can get into semantics all you want but I wouldn’t be surprised if “no offers will be changed or altered”

makes sense due to $$$ earned . . . and was it a mistake?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/898758/#Comment_898758
  • Options

The first reading is invalid, because it omits a key word. The first interpretation presumes that both deals remain unchanged but the player could get the first and then later the second. But the email doesn't say the sales won't change. It says the sales presented won't change.

There's no way to offer the player the Uncollected sale on Friday and the Cavalier sale on Sunday without the sales presented changing. You could argue the sales didn't change, but the sales presented to the player absolutely did.

Contrary to popular belief, it is not the job of the moderators to answer questions put to them. It is their job to moderate the discussion on the forums. When questions arise for which the playerbase does not have the pertinent information the moderators will often respond to those questions to facilitate discussion. However, when the playerbase is in possession of the relevant information, it is generally up to the players that don't to get that information from the players that do. That's been their general MO for years. In this case, this is seems to be the case. Stepping into discussions like this would be setting the expectation that the moderators should be arbitrating every forum debate. That's not a job they want.

That's generally why whenever you see a forum poster tell other forum posters that they don't care what anyone else says, they only want a response from Kabam, they almost *never* get a response. In fact, that's one of the strongest ways to guarantee you won't get a response. The question you're asking has to be sufficiently interesting, and all the other players sufficiently wrong, for the mods to generally respond to such a post.
  • Options
    5RSLY said:

makes sense due to $$$ earned . . . and was it a mistake?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/898758/#Comment_898758
    My recollection is that this behavior came as a bit of a surprise to them initially. So it seemed to be one of those things that wasn't intentional, but also wasn't specifically guarded against.

In retrospect, I'm pretty sure they consider it an error that they deliberately attempted to avoid with the weekend offers. Whether they did so correctly is another matter. Lost in all of the discussion is the fact that however Kabam structured the offers to be presented to the players, no one should be betting a lot on Kabam's accuracy of execution at the moment. If I wake up on Friday and I see *every* offer from every progress tier cluttering up my units store, I'm not really going to be super-shocked.

That's not cynicism, that's just where the safe money would be at the moment given all the development challenges that have happened recently.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★

How much clearer could they be? The deals presented to you will be based on your progression at the time of the offer. The sales presented to you at that time will not be altered or added to over the duration of the sale. There was no contradictory information presented in-between so what difference does their proximity in the message matter?
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Basically ppl not yet uncollected or Cavalier lose 3 days this year since the cyber Monday deals r coming out on Friday. That's 3 less days to progress before the actual cyber Monday. Hope everyone that's close is able to complete their progression in time.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,635 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    Neotwism said:

Basically ppl not yet uncollected or Cavalier lose 3 days this year since the cyber Monday deals r coming out on Friday. That's 3 less days to progress before the actual cyber Monday. Hope everyone that's close is able to complete their progression in time.

(puttin' on my math geek pocket protector for a minute...)

But Thanksgiving, which is always the 4th Thurs in Nov, so anywhere from the 22nd to the 28th, is at it's absolute latest date it can be this year (Nov 28).
    If you average out the possibilities, anywhere from 0 days to up to 6 days before the 28th, this year you actually gain 3 extra days to get stuff done in game (from the “average” date that it falls).
    So now take that 3 day loss because the deals start on Friday instead of Monday.
    And ....

... you are at exactly 0 day’s difference from the Annual Average (of prior years' Cyber Monday formerly being the day for the deals).
    😀😀😀
  • Options
    From the other post:

The line 'The sales presented will not be altered or added to during the cyber weekend." is to make sure players are aware that we are not separating Offers like we have done in the past. What you see on Friday, is what will be there on Monday.

As for the Question at hand, that is not an intended interaction of the Progression System, but is still possible. We do not make any guarantees that this will be the case any time going forward.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I appreciate Kabam Miike for clearing this up.
  • Options
    To all the nay sayers who confidently said that the offers do not change when a players progresses from being Uncollected to Cavalier DURING cyber weekend sale, well I’m sorry to say but you’ve all been proved wrong. It does and it happened to a friend of mine.