**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ÆGON: Fixed Combo Shield to be a true Buff ?

With the upcoming changes to Aegon:
ÆGON: Fixed Combo Shield to be a true Buff which can now be interacted with.
ÆGON: Fixed issue where Ability Accuracy Reduction could bypass characters who were Immune to Ability Accuracy Reduction.
ÆGON: Fixed an issue where Combo Breaker synergy was not activating when being struck

Will his combo shield now trigger Spite? Can it be nullified? What does true Buff mean in this case? Seems like a silent but big change, are we seeing yet another Archangel level change that is just being slid in under the radar?

Comments

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    What upcoming changes? Can't find a post about it anywhere.
    Edit: NM just saw the change log
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    Current thread “Known Issues v25.0” where they said it will be fixed in next update...

WHERE is it saying they will be making it a BUFF instead now ??

All it says is that Combo Shield will be fixed.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Stewman said:

Edit: NM just saw the channel log

Current thread “Known Issues v25.0” where they said it will be fixed in next update...

Check the changelog.
    Etjama said:

Stewman said:

Edit: NM just saw the channel log

Check the changelog.
    I literally had just looked there before this post and it wasn't there. It is now.

• Ok, (I did just check top of that Category too, and it had not been updated a few minutes ago. Just rechecked and see that it is now there)
  • Weaver1983Weaver1983 Posts: 60
    So this means his combo shield from evades and heavy attacks is going to actually hurt the player in many situations. Out of all of his buffs, are any of the rest active?
    edited November 2019

So this means his combo shield from evades and heavy attacks is going to actually hurt the player in many situations. Out of all of his buffs, are any of the rest active?

Yes True strike and the furies he gains are all buffs already.

Stewman said:

Yes True strike and the furies he gains are all buffs already.

Sorry "True Accuracy"

• allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Etjama said:

I don't know, but if this does mean that it's now a buff that can be nullified, then it should be classified as a nerf. The synergy would now be completely useless against certain nodes and champs like Symb Supreme.

Absolutely a nerf, only argument is how big of one. Is his Unstoppable a buff also?

• KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Guess I’ll be taking my ole Classico star lord to r5 when the times comes. Even his synergy with him is broken.

I hate being taxed for playing as you should in the game. How else do you not get hit from a killer combo or special? Float? Glide?

This game mehnn, this f~€<!ng game
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    @Kabam Miike care to share the teams thoughts? Clearly a big change and one that was left out of the original patch notes. Whether intentional or not this needs some clarification as to why and what we should expect.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Ye old Buffet + evade champion or node ability combo is going to have a load of fun with Aegon as the attacker, especially if this is for LoL 2.0.

Not that anyone can see this post but Mods....
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    This is crazy. His description clearly says he gains passive abilities.

Now if the combo shield from the synergy is a buff, that might be passable.
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★
    Would you please explain this, Kabam? Before this upcoming weekend...
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    I haven’t thought through whether this will be detrimental to him or not, but I just don’t get why there was the need to do it? The amount of (on the face of it) unnecessary change Kabam make these days, it erodes trust in the core of the game.

I too would like to see Kabam explain why they are changing his kit out of the blue.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Farinos said:

Don't know how they can make it a buff,when it states he gains passive abilities as his combo meter increases

Some of the abilities from the "passive" combo meter are already buffs: Fury, True Accuracy, Unstoppable? But some aren't. Honestly, I'm of the opinion if it ain't broke... There was something broken but it wasn't this. Ægon combo Shield synergies have worked fine until recently.

• CRE4TORCRE4TOR Posts: 39
    Can you please explain this change? States clearly in his description that this particular change is counter to what was built. He’s going to suffer now from nodes like spite and champs like Sym Supreme. His combo shield has been broke all month. This seems like a change that’s not well thought out? And if so, what’s the reasoning behind it?

• shazamsmashshazamsmash Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious Could you please advise about this?
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    My biggest concern is the ability for champs to nullify it now. Seeing as he benefits from taking hits while in combo shield mode to build furies if that can be nullified mid combo it’s going to be messy and clearly a change to his mechanics. No different than she-hulk had her mechanics changed.