**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are so many players trying to rush into ranked 6*s?

Comments

• Options
    Usually any 5* and up I just rank to at least max r1 and then let them sit until I see to ranking up more.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

There definitely are some 6* champs I'd take to r2 without much though, like domino or corvus.

But then again I've seen people ranking something along the lines of an unduped 6* cap iw, which is kind of silly imo.

Unless you're a potentially limitless whale, I'd say ranking 6* champs that require a high/max sig is simply a waste of ressources at this point. Champs that do not require a high/max sig however are good to go, I guess.

I would def rank 2 a capIW
    Why, though? Without a high sig he has nothing besides above average damage, perfect block on parries (that's probably by far his best utility unduped) and a very circumstantial nullify mechanic.

With his sig he's on a whole different level. In terms of sig requirement (in terms of 6* rank up) I'd honestly put him right up there with omega red, aegon, namor, etc.
    Thats fine, rank 2s arent exclusive to the the top 5 champs in the game. For my roster he would be an amazing rank 2 candidate and would reduce my item usage by half for exploring 6.3
    I dont need his petrify since I have void at rank 5 max sig and bunch of other heal block champs such as sentinel at rank 5. I dont mind his armor break for a few matchups but he def doesnt need it. The skill synergy helps him a lot at sig 200 but I already have the counters to immunity paths and encroaching stun(which I have completed overall). Also I still have 6.2 to explore so would be amazing for the champion boss. If I had him as a 5 star ofc I will rank up the 5 star but if I pull a 6 star CapiW tmrw then hes going straight to rank 2 because that is the best decision for my roster.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    So would an unduped sparkles worthy of R2?
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

I haven't even considered any 6* for R2, not that any of mine outside of Corvus would be worth it. I just happened to pull Corvus within a week or two or maxing my duped 5* and frankly I wouldn't swap the two if given the option. His sig is so valuable for AQ, especially when I find myself needing to clear fights at mistake prone times such as at work. The only champ I really think I'd prefer unduped R2 is Domino, pretty much everyone else gets too much value from their sig to swap it for a slight statistical boost.

I mean thats implying you have both rarities, most people dont. If you get a 6 star ghost then I would advise people to rank 2 her even though her sig is great. Ofc if I have both versions then I would go for the 5 star since I can max sig and use less resources but if I can get a warlock, sunspot, sparkles, corvus, domino, ghost and even capIW then I would rank 2 them and advise people to do the same if they have a decent amount of rank 5 champs.
  • Options

Captain benchwarmer:

Chad infinity war:

I genuinely didn't think that would be an unpopular opinion lmao.

If I have both version then I will def rank up the 5 star but since I dont have a 5 star version then I will rank 2 the 6s tar version because hes a great champ without the dupe and a god with the dupe.
  • Options

Captain benchwarmer:

Chad infinity war:

If I have both version then I will def rank up the 5 star but since I dont have a 5 star version then I will rank 2 the 6s tar version because hes a great champ without the dupe and a god with the dupe.
    That's the thing, though, 5* champs come in way more frequently than 6* champs. As just as I would kinda bite my a** if I pulled a 6* domino after taking my 5* to r5, I'd do the same when pulling/duping a 5* cap iw after r2ing my 6*.

Whether ranking someone like 6* cap iw would be good or terrible advise is kind of circumstantial. But I see mote situations in which it would be terrible advise lol.
    Theres no guarantee you will get the 5 star you want though. there are players who have been playing since the beginning of this game who doesnt have every 5 star. Hell I have completed most of this game and have 7 rank 5 champs and like 10 rank 4 champs and i dont even have all the 4 star champs of 2015. I aint gonna wait years until I pull the exact champ I want. I will work with what I got. Again if I have both rarities then I will go for the 5 star version since I have 2 generic gems but if I get a 6 star then hes going straight up to rank 2 for me.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Captain benchwarmer:

Chad infinity war:

That's the thing, though, 5* champs come in way more frequently than 6* champs. As just as I would kinda bite my a** if I pulled a 6* domino after taking my 5* to r5, I'd do the same when pulling/duping a 5* cap iw after r2ing my 6*.

Whether ranking someone like 6* cap iw would be good or terrible advise is kind of circumstantial. But I see mote situations in which it would be terrible advise lol.
    There are certain champs that arent awful to have multiple rarities ranked. I'd definitely put domino in that category. Can either use one on defense or attack or one on each. Use the other for questing.

I don't personally think capiw is worth R2 unduped either though.
  • Options
    OnemaeusOnemaeus Posts: 54

I am currently dealing with this question, I don't have a 5* at r5 or a 6* at r2 but I'm cavalier so I haven't felt a big need for either, but Act 6 is getting tougher and I am having a tough time in Variants so I'm gonna pull the trigger on a rank up. Any thoughts on who and what?
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Personally, I have terrible 5* pulls. Have 6* r2 rulk, km and sentinel, and when I took each of them to r2, I didn't have them as 5*s. Plus with 5* I can get variant gems to r5 them. Last, but not least - taking 5* to r5 feels like dear end to me, and I rank my champs up only when I have t5b in overflow. If by that time I have a decent 6*, I'll probably go with it. The only 5* I consider taking to r5 from all my 5* I have at the moment is Hyperion
  • Options
    Onemaeus said:

I am currently dealing with this question, I don't have a 5* at r5 or a 6* at r2 but I'm cavalier so I haven't felt a big need for either, but Act 6 is getting tougher and I am having a tough time in Variants so I'm gonna pull the trigger on a rank up. Any thoughts on who and what?

I'd get both your Domino and Rulk ranked up. They'll be the base of an amazing attack team you can use all over the game whether quests, AW, even some AQ paths
  • Options
    @Onemaeus if you haven't finished variant 2 that domino team is excellent for it as well. Sentinel is another great option for you that would help with variant 3 if that's not finished as well.

Blade is still occasionally a useful champ but his usefulness is definitely in decline
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    Domino is awesome for variant 2 exploration. Used her for about 70% of the fights while Hyperion, capiw, rulk and dormammu helped with the rest.
  • Options
    Its all who you have and use. I r2 my Sabretooth yesterday and have no regrets about it. His sig is 146 and have void at r5 along with unduped 6*OR just need to bring up my KM
  • Options
    DalBot said:

Why, though? Without a high sig he has nothing besides above average damage, perfect block on parries (that's probably by far his best utility unduped) and a very circumstantial nullify mechanic.

With his sig he's on a whole different level. In terms of sig requirement (in terms of 6* rank up) I'd honestly put him right up there with omega red, aegon, namor, etc.

Terrible take.

Without the dupe you can still punk the 6.2.6 Champion boss and eat specials on the block from anyone.

Block pro is so damn underrated in this game. He's a god without the dupe and just gets better and better with it
    How many 6.3 bosses are you beating with unduped R2 cap? Pretty much the only one I think you could pull off is mysterio. He's a tanky damage dealer unduped and that's about it.

Yes he can take 6.2.6 champ unduped but he can do that at R1. I dont think anyone has said he's a bad champ just that he's far from a "god" and its incredibly debatable whether he's even close to worth ranking unduped. I easily fall on the no side.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

How many 6.3 bosses are you beating with unduped R2 cap? Pretty much the only one I think you could pull off is mysterio. He's a tanky damage dealer unduped and that's about it.

Yes he can take 6.2.6 champ unduped but he can do that at R1. I dont think anyone has said he's a bad champ just that he's far from a "god" and its incredibly debatable whether he's even close to worth ranking unduped. I easily fall on the no side.

So many people get enamored with this or that about certain champs but ask yourself this: how many bad matchups or nodes are there for CapIW?

Everybody focuses on the strengths while ignoring the weaknesses, CapIW can get you through almost anything without a problem if you know what you’re doing
  • Options
    BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Doonx said:

I also agree, until I got 6* domino from cavalier crystal today. 😂 It's my first good 6*. Will r2 her first, then will focus again on my 5*. 😂

As a proud owner of a R2 unduped 6* Domino, I can vouch for her ass kicking excellence!! 😅
    I completed LoL thanks to her. Absolutely fantastic champ!
  • Options
    DalBot said:

So many people get enamored with this or that about certain champs but ask yourself this: how many bad matchups or nodes are there for CapIW?

Everybody focuses on the strengths while ignoring the weaknesses, CapIW can get you through almost anything without a problem if you know what you’re doing
    I never said cap wasn't great. Just that there are champs that are better options more often than not if he's unduped. I have a sig 100+ R2 capiw myself and use him quite a bit. When he was unduped, I rarely touched him let alone thought about ranking him
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    People do what they wanna do don’t worry about it
  • Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★

I'm legitimately curious to the thought process of some of you. I keep seeing more and more posts from people asking about ranking up mediocre unduped 6*s when they have 1-5 R5 5*s.

Why would you skip over far more beneficial R5 options that you can get sig levels into far easier that legitimately help you clear content just to say you have R2s?

The whole "preparing for the future" arguement doesn't even make sense in that case as by the time that player can actually dupe and sig up that 6*, what are the chances the champ will still be desirable/useful? How many champs that are 2 years old are you dying to sig up and rank? That's the situation you could be in with that 6*.

5*s are by no means useless and I'm not sure why some newer players are acting like they are now. I've currently got 18 R5s and 6 R2s. I took my 1st 6* to R2 when I had I think maybe 13 R5s. I still rank up 5*s if they're useful currently and don't understand why people feel the need to rush into ranking mediocre champs just bc they have an extra star.

Cause I use one of my duped 6*s in a ton of content, don't have him as a 5*, and plan to continue using him as I believe he will stay relevant in future content. Most champs with as much use as him don't just become irrelevant, and yes, I'm talking about Mephisto..lol
  • Options

I'm legitimately curious to the thought process of some of you. I keep seeing more and more posts from people asking about ranking up mediocre unduped 6*s when they have 1-5 R5 5*s.

Why would you skip over far more beneficial R5 options that you can get sig levels into far easier that legitimately help you clear content just to say you have R2s?

The whole "preparing for the future" arguement doesn't even make sense in that case as by the time that player can actually dupe and sig up that 6*, what are the chances the champ will still be desirable/useful? How many champs that are 2 years old are you dying to sig up and rank? That's the situation you could be in with that 6*.

5*s are by no means useless and I'm not sure why some newer players are acting like they are now. I've currently got 18 R5s and 6 R2s. I took my 1st 6* to R2 when I had I think maybe 13 R5s. I still rank up 5*s if they're useful currently and don't understand why people feel the need to rush into ranking mediocre champs just bc they have an extra star.

Cause I use one of my duped 6*s in a ton of content, don't have him as a 5*, and plan to continue using him as I believe he will stay relevant in future content. Most champs with as much use as him don't just become irrelevant, and yes, I'm talking about Mephisto..lol
    Well.....good luck with that I guess