**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I gotta know, why is he so underrated??

Comments

• Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 β˜…β˜…
    zeezee57 said:

No need for a con list, just one and that's his damage or lack of. What good are his utilities, which other champs have, when I can finish a path using better champs while you're just wrapping up the second fight? I like Meph, he's a cool character and can be fun to play but the fact is nobody is using him in endgame content because they don't want to spend all night doing one path.

His damage really isn't that bad, but to each their own! He can tic over 700 damage per second with his aura (I've stacked 4 in certain scenarios, so over 2800 per second), he can hit near 4k mediums and 2500k lights. And that's as a r1 6* or r4 5*. Really not bad at all, especially considering his utility, but hey, that's just my opinion!
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Mephisto is a really good champ I use him against incinerate nodes because he get power and with wp he heals up also his own regen and aura. I use him in aq as well
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I took my 5 star to r4
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Etjama said:

zeezee57 said:

No need for a con list, just one and that's his damage or lack of. What good are his utilities, which other champs have, when I can finish a path using better champs while you're just wrapping up the second fight? I like Meph, he's a cool character and can be fun to play but the fact is nobody is using him in endgame content because they don't want to spend all night doing one path.

His damage really isn't that bad, but to each their own! He can tic over 700 damage per second with his aura (I've stacked 4 in certain scenarios, so over 2800 per second), he can hit near 4k mediums and 2500k lights. And that's as a r1 6* or r4 5*. Really not bad at all, especially considering his utility, but hey, that's just my opinion!
    Word of advice, this is why people are saying you feel the need to be right. You specifically asked for a con list, people are giving it to you, and then you disagree with everyone's con lists. You gave us your opinion at the beginning of this thread and asked for our's. We don't need to hear about your's anymore.
    Lol, you must not know how a discussion works...

You didn't give a con list, you just said his damage makes him worthless. To which I replied with some simple facts. For some reason that upset you πŸ€”

This is a forum, this is a discussion, I'm not going to take the time to explain to you how that works..

Edit: nobody is right or wrong, different people have different opinions on who and what works for them.. If you're too sensitive to listen to other opinions, a forum isn't for you.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If you have blade or human torch then he’s quite easy to beat. He doesn’t do much as an attacker but as a defender, he can do a bit but not a lot
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

zeezee57 said:

Word of advice, this is why people are saying you feel the need to be right. You specifically asked for a con list, people are giving it to you, and then you disagree with everyone's con lists. You gave us your opinion at the beginning of this thread and asked for our's. We don't need to hear about your's anymore.

You didn't give a con list, you just said his damage makes him worthless. To which I replied with some simple facts. For some reason that upset you πŸ€”

This is a forum, this is a discussion, I'm not going to take the time to explain to you how that works..

Edit: nobody is right or wrong, different people have different opinions on who and what works for them.. If you're too sensitive to listen to other opinions, a forum isn't for you.
    Lol man, did you even look at my comment? I literally gave you a list for cons, I never used the word useless and said he isn't trash. And your "facts" are literally just opinions such as "he has great regen", "his damage is pretty good" and, "he's the best incinerate immune champ in the game". This is a discussion, I never told you anything that would merit otherwise. I'm just telling you why people are saying stuff about you. Smh, you're getting defensive about everything when all I've done so far is give a con list and give you some advice. And you're saying that I don't know how a discussion works and that I'm being sensitive. Wow.
    The facts I'm referring to are the damage stats I posted.. which are facts.

Regarding my other comments, I've literally said multiple times that everything I'm saying is simply my opinion, and to each their own! And don't think I could have been anymore clear on saying that no one is right or wrong here..

Not once have I been defensive or aggressive.

Calm down buddy
  • Options
    Goodness said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

zeezee57 said:

Lol man, did you even look at my comment? I literally gave you a list for cons, I never used the word useless and said he isn't trash. And your "facts" are literally just opinions such as "he has great regen", "his damage is pretty good" and, "he's the best incinerate immune champ in the game". This is a discussion, I never told you anything that would merit otherwise. I'm just telling you why people are saying stuff about you. Smh, you're getting defensive about everything when all I've done so far is give a con list and give you some advice. And you're saying that I don't know how a discussion works and that I'm being sensitive. Wow.
    Your first problem was trying to reason with him
    He’s pretty one sided and just is yearning for confirmation bias
    Again, I'm just having a discussion, making points based on my OPINION. It sounds like you all just want someone to bow down and say your opinions are the only ones that matter, I'll slink off and be quiet now.

This is simply a discussion of OPINIONS. You guys are the only ones getting personal and defensive. Geeezzz...
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

zeezee57 said:

Regarding my other comments, I've literally said multiple times that everything I'm saying is simply my opinion, and to each their own! And don't think I could have been anymore clear on saying that no one is right or wrong here..

Calm down buddy
    I'm calm. All the time. My texts on the other hand, are not. Apparently, neither are yours if you think you aren't being defensive or aggressive. Seriously man, this is an online chat. I won't ever meet any of you and if I do, I would never know who you are. So I will say this clearly: I don't care if you're aggressive or defensive, I'm just telling you why people are saying that you're one-sided and such, this won't even effect my view of you or any of your opinions in the future. Now is when I really leave the conversation and don't come back... Maybe.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

zeezee57 said:

And I apologize, I thought you were the one that said "his damage sucks so what good are his utilities".. my mistake on
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

zeezee57 said:

Calm down buddy
    I'm calm. All the time. My texts on the other hand, are not. Apparently, neither are yours if you think you aren't being defensive or aggressive. Seriously man, this is an online chat. I won't ever meet any of you and if I do, I would never know who you are. So I will say this clearly: I don't care if you're aggressive or defensive, I'm just telling you why people are saying that you're one-sided and such, this won't even effect my view of you or any of your opinions in the future. Now is when I really leave the conversation and don't come back... Maybe.
    I'd love to know how I'm being aggressive. I'm just discussing a difference of OPINION. I appreciate others opinions, but doesn't mean I should not express mine as well. Literally no aggression or defensiveness here at all. Not even sure why I'm explaining myself anymore .. His damage sucks, got it..lol ✌️
  • Options

Damage is the most important utility. It's how you end fights and the quicker the fights are the better since mistakes are minimized.

I personally disagree. While it is of course important, some fights/nodes can't be beat without the proper utility. For that reason, utility is more important to me, but a balance of damage and utility is of course ideal!

I have some strictly damage champs and then some strictly utility champs. In my opinion Mephisto is a good balance of both, which is why I favor him and consider him underrated.

• Options
    Goodness said:

Damage is the most important utility. It's how you end fights and the quicker the fights are the better since mistakes are minimized.

I personally disagree. While it is of course important, some fights/nodes can't be beat without the proper utility. For that reason, utility is more important to me, but a balance of damage and utility is of course ideal!

I have some strictly damage champs and then some strictly utility champs. In my opinion Mephisto is a good balance of both, which is why I favor him and consider him underrated.

Ramped cull disagrees
    Lol, and I'm sure Mephisto would respect that
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Rulk converts incinerate and poison into heat charges which gives him more damage output.

Ghost can convert both incinerate and Coldsnap and any DOT debuffs into massive furies. With Hood synergy she can avoid frostbite damage with good timing.

Colossus is now immune to all of it except poison and his damage output is really good now.

Bishop converts energy into power and damage.

So yeah Mephisto not that great as a champ. Lots of other champs do what he does better and have way better damage output for endgame content
  • Options

Of course there's a balance but the Utility also has to make the fight end fast too. In other words, if Damage is lacking then the Utility has to make up for it.

Void does this really well. His basic attack damage is pretty subpar even with FoTV up. Despite that, I find fights end rather quickly and/or smoothly with him since the opponent will be constantly taking damage from his DoT and I have the option to reverse healing which makes fights end faster.

When I use Mephisto, I do not feel the same way as I do about Void. I have used Mephisto with the Symbiote Supreme synergy during questing and while he can deal decent DPS it only lasts a short time. I also dislike the fact that I have to choose his utility. I have to decide whether I want keep a safeguard for the fight or sacrifice it to keep buffs from activating. From where I'm at in the game, if I need a champion that is sustainable and can deal with a large amount of buffs then I use Morningstar. In my opinion, Mephisto is decent for offense but there are better options for what he does which is why he rated as he is right now by the community.
    I get that. I agree it's annoying to give up some of your Regen to prevent buffs, but you can use a couple then also save a couple for a safeguard. I think they may do this because his Regen is rather substantial compered to some others. Cheat death and almost full Regen near instantly is pretty good and they probably didn't want to give any champ that without some drawbacks.. Like Nick Fury, his is even more substantial, but you degen after you Regen..

And I also like Morningstar a little better, she's really just more fun to play imo, once you hit 5 souls that is. Getting to that point can be a little annoying sometimes tho lol. And steal a fury and spam sp1s and her damage crushes!

I do like Mephisto's large list of utility and immunities tho, and while I do agree there are champs that can do certain things better, I think his versatility is some of the best in the game. If his sp3 could be utilized multiple times and there was a way to ramp damage without synergy, I definitely wouldn't be on the fence about taking him to r2, but I'm still debating it lol.

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Goodness said:

I guess what he does other champs can do better plus he has medium to noodle damage output

He's the best incinerate immune champ
    *Laughs in Void*

But to be fair, Meph is a good champ, especially if you don't have a whole lot of options for hot and cold stuff, but like others have said, there are plenty champs that can do his job better or just as good and then some other utility.
  • Options

Rulk converts incinerate and poison into heat charges which gives him more damage output.

Ghost can convert both incinerate and Coldsnap and any DOT debuffs into massive furies. With Hood synergy she can avoid frostbite damage with good timing.

Colossus is now immune to all of it except poison and his damage output is really good now.

Bishop converts energy into power and damage.

So yeah Mephisto not that great as a champ. Lots of other champs do what he does better and have way better damage output for endgame content

Good points, and I like all those champs. But none of them have Regen or soul imprisonment, and Mephisto is immune to ability accuracy reduction which is really nice against some champs.

Again, I agree other champs can do certain things better, but the fact that he has so much utility is what draws me to him I guess. Lots of versatility in different fights. And while I think his damage isn't bad for all the utility he has, I agree and wish it was a bit better lol
  • Options

Goodness said:

I guess what he does other champs can do better plus he has medium to noodle damage output

*Laughs in Void*

But to be fair, Meph is a good champ, especially if you don't have a whole lot of options for hot and cold stuff, but like others have said, there are plenty champs that can do his job better or just as good and then some other utility.
    Lol by that I meant that he's not just immune, but also turns it into a buff. I agree that Rhulk also has this benefit, but I personally find Mephisto's more useful as I usually don't have a prob ramping up Rhulk, still very nice utility tho! So I should have worded that differently, but I agree, he's not the best champ with the immunity.

I'm not sure I know of any champs with as much utility/immunity as him tho, which is what draws me to him I suppose.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Goodness said:

*Laughs in Void*

Lol by that I meant that he's not just immune, but also turns it into a buff. I agree that Rhulk also has this benefit, but I personally find Mephisto's more useful as I usually don't have a prob ramping up Rhulk, still very nice utility tho! So I should have worded that differently, but I agree, he's not the best champ with the immunity.

I'm not sure I know of any champs with as much utility/immunity as him tho, which is what draws me to him I suppose.
    Iceman, Emma Frost, Sunspot, Human Torch, Sentinel, DarkHawk, Thing, Red Hulk, Vision, CAIW, G99, Ghost, Warlock, Corvus Glaive, Namor. Just to name the ones with a way to ignore 2 or more DoT debuffs with more utility than him...
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

zeezee57 said:

And I apologize, I thought you were the one that said "his damage sucks so what good are his utilities".. my mistake on that!
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Goodness said:

*Laughs in Void*

Iceman, Emma Frost, Sunspot, Human Torch, Sentinel, DarkHawk, Thing, Red Hulk, Vision, CAIW, G99, Ghost, Warlock, Corvus Glaive, Namor. Just to name the ones with a way to ignore 2 or more DoT debuffs with more utility than him...
    How do they have more utility than him tho?Most don't have Regen. None (that I'm aware of) near as substantial as his. Most can't prevent buffs. None that I know of are immune to ability accuracy reduction. Emma's immunities are only in diamond form. Some of the others immunities aren't always guaranteed.

I agree those are all solid champs, but I don't see how they have more utility in addition to the 3/4 immunities.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2019
    with synergies he is alright (still not rank 5 worthy) but on his own he has very very bad damage,that drags fights forever,so prone to mistake ,he doesnt even work on fights designed for him in variant 1 ! that is how bad he is.compare him to anyone superior in his class,magik does power control 10x better, SS well he is 10x better then him on everything, damage,power control,debuffs etc, even morningstar at 5 souls is much better then him ,all he has going for him is trust worthy regen but such flimsy health, block prof any big fights u loose ur regen on 1st fight it self.so yeah i have 6* and he is useless after act 5
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Etjama said:

Goodness said:

*Laughs in Void*

How do they have more utility than him tho?Most don't have Regen. None (that I'm aware of) near as substantial as his. Most can't prevent buffs. None that I know of are immune to ability accuracy reduction. Emma's immunities are only in diamond form. Some of the others immunities aren't always guaranteed.

I agree those are all solid champs, but I don't see how they have more utility in addition to the 3/4 immunities.
    Emma stops evade and autoblock in telepath form. Regen while it’s nice, it’s not the only utility that matters. First goal is not to get hit anyway.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 β˜…β˜…
    edited December 2019

Just so I’m understanding you correctly, given ANY situation...for the sake of this, you paint the entire picture, opponent, nodes...freezer burn, enhanced poison, whatever you want...

You’re saying that you would take Mephisto over the champs listed above?