**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nick Fury-Quake 'Strategic sabotage' synergy

I would like to confirm if quake's current interaction with her synergy on Nick Fury is working as intended or not.

The specific wording of the synergy states 'the first three unblocked hits' have a 100% chance to be evaded.

The way that quake (and I would assume any other champ with an inbuilt evade) interacts with this currently is when they would have evaded an attack by their own base evade ability, they still consume one of fury's evade charges.

https://youtu.be/vw_qeSGndcE

This does not seem consistent with the synergy description seeing that is describes unblocked hits specifically and while these were unblocked attacks, they would not have been 'hits' due to the character's passive evade. Therefore Fury's evasion charge should not have been consumed.

Furthermore it makes the synergy almost completely redundant for quake in particular seeing the charges get consumed without giving any benefit, when fighting with her in her commonly used play-style. Since she in one of the partners for the synergy in the first place this seems especially odd and perhaps isn't working as intended.

It would make more sense for a character's inbuilt evade to be checked before the evade charges kick in to save you from being hit, seeing that the synergy description states 'unblocked hits' rather than 'unblocked attacks'. That way when a character would have evaded by themselves the bonus evade charges from the synergy are not consumed. This brings the ability back in line with it's description and stops it being a redundant synergy for quake and any other characters with inbuilt evade mechanics.

Comments

• StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    edited December 2019
    Brt92 said:

It is intended and can in fact be properly used to automatically dodge pre powered specials from particolar nodes at the beginning of the match, or to use quake outside her predefined mechanics in particolar match up/situations. I'm not saying it changes her gameplay in all circumstances, but it can be helpfull in some contexts.

It's not that different from deadpool-fury-omega interaction with suicides masteries, most of the times is quite useless, if not something to avoid, sometimes can be usefull, like to fight void with omega non having to deal with initial debuff damages.

You lose the evade charges before the opponent would ever get to a special as when you quake and bake you rely on the evade to trigger. This doesn't provide her any benefit currently and the prepowered node you would usually just evade the special normally.
  • JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★
    edited December 2019
    This also happens when an attack would miss (ie. Ghost). Rather than “evading an unblocked HIT” the evade will trigger on an unblocked MISS. It does not function as described and has been brought to Kabam’s attention numerous times. I don’t think it will ever get fixed at this point.
  • Va7686Va7686 Posts: 18
    edited December 2019
    Brt92 said:

It is intended and can in fact be properly used to automatically dodge pre powered specials from particolar nodes at the beginning of the match, or to use quake outside her predefined mechanics in particolar match up/situations. I'm not saying it changes her gameplay in all circumstances, but it can be helpfull in some contexts.

It's not that different from deadpool-fury-omega interaction with suicides masteries, most of the times is quite useless, if not something to avoid, sometimes can be usefull, like to fight void with omega non having to deal with initial debuff damages.

The issue is that she loses the charge when she evades by one of her own abilities, rather than from being saved by fury. That means that she'll lose the charges without them having ever done anything for her at all making the synergy completely redundant for her in particular. And ghost too apparently as some of the other comments noted.
  • Va7686Va7686 Posts: 18
    Brt92 said:

Va7686 said:

Brt92 said:

The issue is that she loses the charge when she evades by one of her own abilities, rather than from being saved by fury. That means that she'll lose the charges without them having ever done anything for her at all making the synergy completely redundant for her in particular. And ghost too apparently as some of the other comments noted.
    The sinergy literally say: "if Nick is alive, the first three unblocked hits from the Opponent has 100% chance to be evaded." Does it prevent to be hit for the first three unblocked hits? Yep, it really happens (even if not allways during bad timed dashes back, which is quite the real bug). It is usefull for quake? Allmost nowhere,but it can be quite usefull for the rest of the team. So? It doesn't mean the sinergy it's broken, it does mean is not that good for her, but you can make some use of it anyway. I use her quite regularly with Nick and Pool in team, I explored must of var2 with them by using quake for the most and really I can't understand why you complain for an improvement. If you are not able to run her for a whole match, just use somebody else......
    Of course. It is an awesome synergy that is very useful to a lot of champions. My issue isn't that it isn't as useful to quake, but rather that she loses the evade charges when she evades from her base abilities. Even though the charge itself did not prevent the hit.

I did state at the beginning of the discussion that I was simply asking for confirmation if the synergy was working as intended or not for this situation with naturally evading champs. I then made the case for why it could be seen as not working as described.

As for my ability in using quake that you brought up, I like to think I am reasonably competent in her use. I use her in war quite regularly and she will most likely be my next r5 this month.