**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Silver Surfer Poll

2»

Comments

• designsodadesignsoda Posts: 118
    Disappointed with Silver Surfer overall
    Got him. He's alright. Not suicide friendly. No god tier damage. No god tier utility. At least as far as I can tell. Surprising lack of immunities. Yeah disappointed. Not "take out the pitchforks" disappointed. But disappointed nonetheless. He looks cool I guess.
  • elgaberinoelgaberino Posts: 74
    I don't know. He's not even Incinerate immune. Bro can sit in the heart of a star but can't be near Mephisto's Incinerate Aura? I don't know if it was fair for me to expect he would also be Bleed and Poison immune, and probably immune to radiation. Source material character can heal others, manipulate others'' emotions, and control the astral plane. Ours seems to lack utility beyond (a seemingly complicated process to ramp up his) damage. I do have questions. Like do his Buffs trigger Spite? In some ways I'm waiting to see how I feel. But considering the year-long hype leading up to this, for now I'm disappointed in what he appears to be. The art and animations are flat-out gorgeous though.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Iconic character who should be very powerful that is completely average. Idk why so many of the iconic marvel characters are usually left in this place. He has nothing damage or utility wise that will make him a used piece on any developed roster other than a shiny piece of prestige for the upper alliances.

The caveat is this is based on what we have seen. Maybe there is a play style or upcoming synergy that changes this but as of what has been seen today he looks very ok.
  • designsodadesignsoda Posts: 118
    Timone147 said:

The caveat is this is based on what we have seen. Maybe there is a play style or upcoming synergy that changes this but as of what has been seen today he looks very ok.

That's what I'm hoping for. It's entirely possible he's still not being used properly. We'll see.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Looks Like they want to sell the gold version silver surfer so they made silver a cheaper version of new in-coming golden Surfer!! other herald of galacus on silver surfer's synergy is Golden surfer ! also golden surfer is almost same as silver surfer,animations ,look, base abiltiies ,its just he is golden and has slightly better numbers... ooohhh i am so hyped for Goldpool ,i mean golden surfer
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Happy with Silver Surfer overall
    I'm happy, for this...

Incinerate, Coldsnap, Shock Debuffs
    Each Incinerate, Coldnsap, or Shock Debuff on Silver Surfer deals 100% reduced damage and counts as a Unique Buff for his abilities, greatly increasing his potential damage output.
    Mixed with the Willpower Mastery, Silver Surfer will be able to regenerate health while affected by these Debuffs.

Debuff that count as buff...
    Each hit deals a Burst of 136.5 Energy Damage for each Unique Buff. This scales with base attack only.

And this...

When Charging a Heavy Attack:
    If available, consume the Power Cosmic Buff and create a Phase Buff, causing Opponent’s 100% chance to miss for 1.10 second(s).

It's better that the taunt abiliy.
    Anti-Aegis node.

He's a unique champ with new mechanics. He will be very useful in a lot of scenario.

• Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    I dont know exactly what to vote
    I havent used him
    But looks like he is decent with his energy damage and non critical damage
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
    Im just amazed with all the new pre-fight abilities, cross-fight abilities and new mechanics they have introduced this year, they didn't use any of these on silver surfer. Considering what he is capable of they could have given him almost any ability and it would have been justified. He feels so ordinary almost like a champ that would have been released a couple years ago. Shame on kabam for wasting this chance at such an amazing character.
  • Weaver1983Weaver1983 Posts: 60

Im just amazed with all the new pre-fight abilities, cross-fight abilities and new mechanics they have introduced this year, they didn't use any of these on silver surfer. Considering what he is capable of they could have given him almost any ability and it would have been justified. He feels so ordinary almost like a champ that would have been released a couple years ago. Shame on kabam for wasting this chance at such an amazing character.

This is pretty darn accurate. His ability set is very similar to Hyperion (power gain, fury, unique heavy). However, just about everything he does, Hyperion does better. He is so bland and mediocre that it isn't even laughable. His debuff resistances are the only thing going for him...and even those aren't full immunity.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    Arena fodder at best. Total disapointment
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    Never liked him so I don't care if he stinks.
  • megamangmegamang Posts: 132
    Silver surfer is the biggest disappointment this game has seen in awhile. All that build up for nothing. Doom was great though